More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 23:57:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Custom Servo Skin (changes in game)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom Servo Skin (changes in game)  (Read 13097 times)
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
Custom Servo Skin (changes in game)
« on: 2006 March 29, 20:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! Now that I'm finally feeling better (I had a 24 hour stomach flu or something yesterday) and can finally post what I finished late Monday night.

This is simply a test of my idea for how to change a Servo's skin/outfit in game, it needs improvements, but it gets the point across as to what is possible. What I did was clone the default servo outfit (group 0x7F6C63DF in the objects.package) and use BodyShop to create my own Servo Skin (unlockservo.package makes it available, the head shows up under the blond hair), I'll get around to writing a tutorial on how to do all of it, but I'm still feeling a little sick. Also, I've fixed the face problem when Servo's change into their formal outfit, all I did was change it so it showed up in all clothing types (it was originally only available for everyday).

Feel free to modify this any way you want since I just included a quick blue recolor to show that it works. And if you have questions, feel free to ask.

To-Do List:
-Make it easier to add other skins (something similar to Inge's teleporter, where it doesn't need all the guids to be hard coded)
-Write tutorial
-Create an object which will do the same thing as the Sim menu for the people who don't want that extra menu on their Sim.

Motoki, I'm sorry if I sounded a little obnoxious in your thread; I didn't mean it like that.

Edit: Oh yeah, don't play with the unlockservo.package installed, only use that for BodyShop and after you're done, you need to change the flags line to 29 and change the 3 in the hairtone line back to a 0 in your new skin's file.

* ArgonServoTest.rar (627.01 KB - downloaded 476 times.)
* nullfacefix.rar (0.37 KB - downloaded 415 times.)
* unlockservo.rar (0.75 KB - downloaded 391 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 March 29, 20:47:31 by Argon » Logged

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Custom Servo Skin (changes in game)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 29, 23:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's cool that you got it to work. Smiley I think the heads my be better off in custom hair though, don't you? That's where I put mine.

Oh and did you do anything with the formal outfits? I think the Maxis ones are terrible, that female one is especially atrocious. Looks like someone colored it with a neon pink marker. I really need to make more Servo formal dress recolors and I hope others do too.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 30, 00:23:34 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 30, 05:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hairtone line needs to be changed back to it's original blank (0's) state so it will show up on all servos (they are randomly generated Sims which can have any of the 4 hair colors and that line would prevent it from showing up). I didn't do anything to the formal outfits, I was trying to get the recolor done quickly so I could test my idea, but I agree the female one is very ugly!

With this setup, you'd have to create a new outfit guid for each type of formal outfit you wanted though, maybe someone can find a way around that?

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 30, 13:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the male shares the same texture between his 'naked' mode and the formal. The mesh is different, but really only the clothing part is different. The female uses a different texture for her dress. Agreed that it would be nice if there was a way to set it so people wouldn't have to recolor the regular body, the formal body, and the regular and vampire heads but I don't think there's going to be any getting around it. Anyway, Once you've done the main body texture, it's really just a matter of cut and paste to get it into the formal texture.

My pink servo head actually is custom hair and I did get it to show up but I needed to use the mirror (via Pescado's clothing tool or you could use Squinge's hack that lets servos use mirrors) to change it. And then of course the mirror set the default human face. Actually changing the body and planning the outfits as clothing with the clothing tool is quite easy. It's just the head that's the problem. If someone could make a hacked object that removes the face by setting the nullface value on the servo from within the game (as opposed to having to exit the game and do it in SimPE) then I think this would be great. It would also benefit people who are having the bug with regular servos getting the face when they change to formal.

Unfortunately, such a hack is beyond my capabilities right now unless someone gave me instructions on how to do it. I do believe it's possible though. If the mirror can set that value to the face from within the game, then there must be a way to set that same value to the null face from within the game.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
SNUGGLES
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 25, 05:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to bump an older post.  But this is something I think is very cool.  We definitely need some recolors for the servos. 

Has there been any more progress with the recolors?
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 26, 22:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I haven't been making any more recolors... someone needs to come up with a better way to detect the outfits (you have to manually enter the GUID for each one).

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: