More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:09:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Flying pig
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flying pig  (Read 25084 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Flying pig
« Reply #50 on: 2006 April 02, 13:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're on to something with the bricks.  The flying pig is associated with Pink Floyd, as it Brick in the Wall.  And if we're going to get really obscure - Pink Floyd/Pets Farming (same initials).  Obscure, but I think like that when I've got 'flu.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 April 02, 13:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably just random and you're all reaching for ridiculous conclusions. Plus it has no effects whatsoever, so who cares, anyway?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2006 April 02, 14:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're on to something with the bricks.  The flying pig is associated with Pink Floyd, as it Brick in the Wall.  And if we're going to get really obscure - Pink Floyd/Pets Farming (same initials).  Obscure, but I think like that when I've got 'flu.
LOL! it's wierd how the flu does that, huh? Makes ya ponder the meaning of life n flyin' pigs n stuff. even if it was just a dumb joke on their part-least it gives us sumpin' to do while we have the flu  Tongue  Maybe i should work the pig into my current "sim story", although considering how it went with the ghosts that kept disappearing without startling a single person-the pig'd prob'ly juz disappear to. i hate it when the game won't mind!

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 April 02, 23:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmm...

It's been reported that some Maxoid said, we'll get a pets expansion when pigs fly. We have flying pig balloon neighborhood decorations which have been reported to be linked to the presence of trained "pet bricks.'

Maybe OFB IS the pets expansion! That should make everyone happy. The pet lovers get pets (maybe not with all the options they'd like) and the rest of us don't have to mess with them.  Grin

(Okay, too much wishful thinking.)
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 April 02, 23:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe we will get pets next, which would explain the lack of next EP info in the box to keep the Sheep Baaa-ing.  But, I think we will get more instruments, seeing as Pink Floyd is a band.  (Whoo, go me!)
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 April 03, 05:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got a pig in Bluewater Village yesterday.  I don't have any trained pet bricks though.  When I noticed was after I left Chester and Florence's house.  They had just got married and had twins.  I wish I would have checked when I used the firstborn randomizer while she was pregnant but I didn't even look before I went back in to finish the pregnancy.

Today when I went back it was gone.  It probably is just random and Maxis has bets on how long we will try to figure it out  Roll Eyes
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 April 03, 06:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so... has anybody tried training these bricks past the once.? I saw my sim doing it autonomously, thought WTF & checked their icon in the queue. Train bricks I thought? Not while I'm God. So my sims haven't done it since. Does anything change after repeated efforts?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 April 03, 21:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so... has anybody tried training these bricks past the once.? I saw my sim doing it autonomously, thought WTF & checked their icon in the queue. Train bricks I thought? Not while I'm God. So my sims haven't done it since. Does anything change after repeated efforts?

Once the brick is fully trained the sim can show off their trained brick to their friends. It still won't do anything and the other sim will either smile embarrassedly or mock the poor deluded sim depending on how nice they are. So, pick a sim you don't like, make him train a brick, then show it off to all the mean sims you can find until his little sim spirit is broken.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2006 April 04, 18:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hegelian's son to Brandi trained a brick and he keeps showing it to everybody.  He's only a kid though, so nobody has made fun of him yet.  He's very attached to his little brick.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 April 07, 02:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pet brick isn't a trigger, because I saw the pig (mentioned above) over Pleasantview in a fresh install -- no businesses (yet), no pet bricks.  There is a water tower there, though.  Maybe JM's right -- it is just random, like Ness appearing when you went into your Neighbourhood in Sims1.   Tongue 
Whether or not I'd see the pig in my regular overcrowded, overloaded, sluggish hood is something I've yet to investigate.

Max
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: