More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 17:29:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  *sigh* Yet another stuck grade bar issue in Uni.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: *sigh* Yet another stuck grade bar issue in Uni.  (Read 10028 times)
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
*sigh* Yet another stuck grade bar issue in Uni.
« on: 2006 March 28, 23:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have a second-generation Sim that shuffled off to Uni.  I merged his household with that cute half-alien chick and moved them into a dorm, where all the trouble started.

My little Sim-Guy has eight points in everything, and is stuck down at the lowest grade-level bubble.  Likewise my little alien cutie.  I took all my hacks out.  He got the full bar, but she stayed stuck. I tried moving them out and back in elsewhere.  They were both stuck. I've tried the college adjuster, and it did nothing. I've patched, uninstalled, reinstalled, boolprop force-errored, reloaded and they're *still* stuck.  All the lots I've been loading them in have been Maxis-standard lots.

I've even tried boolprop-dragging the grade levels, and I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or what, but they wouldn't drag.  These stuck grade bars are really really stuck.

This seems to be a pattern with me.  Either everything works smoothly the first time and I never see an problem... or there are HORRIBLE EARTH SHATTERING ISSUES that can't be fixed with a wrench and a blowtorch.

I've done everything I could think of, and a few things I didn't figure would help just because they were *possible*.  Nothin'.

Anybody got any ideas?
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: *sigh* Yet another stuck grade bar issue in Uni.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 28, 23:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the lots I've been loading them in have been Maxis-standard lots.

Anybody got any ideas?

Toss them on a newly placed lot (empty - not previously in the hood) and see if that helps. I remember reading someone having a problem like yours and it went away as soon as they moved them onto a uni lot that WASN'T built by Maxis.
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 28, 23:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/quote]

Toss them on a newly placed lot (empty - not previously in the hood) and see if that helps. I remember reading someone having a problem like yours and it went away as soon as they moved them onto a uni lot that WASN'T built by Maxis.
[/quote]

*tries it*

Nope.  Still stuck the exact same way. 
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 29, 00:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try exiting the lot after using boolprop testingcheats and then reenter then try dragging the bars up.

Axe murdered since 2006
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 29, 00:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try exiting the lot after using boolprop testingcheats and then reenter then try dragging the bars up.

Yeah, I mentioned trying that in the original post...  Either I wasn't doing it right, or it just wasn't working.  *shrug*  I tried click-drag, ctrl-click-drag, and shift-click-drag. Nada.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 29, 00:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I mean if you turn it on while you are on the lot the bars don't drag up until you leave to go to another lot or reenter the lot (at least since OFB)

Axe murdered since 2006
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 29, 00:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the stuck grade bar thing with a created student when I moved him and Klara Vonderstein in together. Moving him out and back in didn't do a thing. What was strange was that if I had him do a couple of assignments, his term paper, attend a couple of classes (then move up his final with TJ's college adjuster) he'd come back from the final with a good grade. I was even able to graduate him and move him back to my regular neighborhood without a problem. It was just kind of annoying to have to "guesstimate" where I thought his score was really at before sending him to the final. I'd use TJ's college adjuster to give him the semester grade of an A just to make sure.
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 29, 00:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I mean if you turn it on while you are on the lot the bars don't drag up until you leave to go to another lot or reenter the lot (at least since OFB)

Like I said, I tried it. It still didn't work.
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 29, 00:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the stuck grade bar thing with a created student when I moved him and Klara Vonderstein in together. Moving him out and back in didn't do a thing. What was strange was that if I had him do a couple of assignments, his term paper, attend a couple of classes (then move up his final with TJ's college adjuster) he'd come back from the final with a good grade. I was even able to graduate him and move him back to my regular neighborhood without a problem. It was just kind of annoying to have to "guesstimate" where I thought his score was really at before sending him to the final. I'd use TJ's college adjuster to give him the semester grade of an A just to make sure.

Yeah, that's what I'll probably end up doing.  Did it ever resolve itself, or are you still stuck guessing where your Sims are at?
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 29, 01:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It never did resolve itself. His bar stayed stuck every single semester. Made me nervous that he would have problems graduating and moving back to the regular neighborhood but there were no problems with that. He and Klara are just fine in the regular neighborhood raising their twin daughters. It did happen one other time back in early October to a Uni townie who moved into one of the sororities but I ended up having to reinstall for other reasons so I never was able to see if I could fix it. It hasn't happened to another sim yet (knocks on wood) but I guess if it does I'll have to live with the guessing again. Though with TwoJeffs college adjuster it's easy to click "set semester grade...A" then "set final exam...2 hours" and the sim will come back from the final with the A and the grant money. I sure wish I knew what causes the glitch though. I hope it's not a sign of an impending EFBVFOS. Shocked
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 29, 03:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It never did resolve itself. His bar stayed stuck every single semester. Made me nervous that he would have problems graduating and moving back to the regular neighborhood but there were no problems with that. He and Klara are just fine in the regular neighborhood raising their twin daughters. It did happen one other time back in early October to a Uni townie who moved into one of the sororities but I ended up having to reinstall for other reasons so I never was able to see if I could fix it. It hasn't happened to another sim yet (knocks on wood) but I guess if it does I'll have to live with the guessing again. Though with TwoJeffs college adjuster it's easy to click "set semester grade...A" then "set final exam...2 hours" and the sim will come back from the final with the A and the grant money. I sure wish I knew what causes the glitch though. I hope it's not a sign of an impending EFBVFOS. Shocked

*sigh* You ain't the only one.  I've got a horrible suspicion that this is gonna last until my next full reinstall, since I even *created an entirely new neighborhood and sims* to check it out, and it still happened with the new guy. So... yeah.  Grr.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 29, 05:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I installed OFB, and enterred the college to play, ALL my couples-students, in each lot, had left the lot (as if they were visitors), and the Live Mode was grayed.

I saved the lot, enterred it again, and they were near the mail box. The Live Mode worked, and the game returned  to run smoothly.

I have to say, that all my playing students live in a packaged lot of my own, not in dorms.

May be "find own place" to the two students, and moving them again to the students bin - then build a new dorm or a private house, and move them in again, will solve the problem?

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 29, 13:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, strange. I have testingCheatsEnabled in my startup.cheat file so I can drag away all I like. Maybe it works only if activated on neighborhood view? I mean, activate on neighborhood view, then enter the lot. If all else fails, try randomizing his skills with the college adjuster until the offending skill(s) are below grade requirement, then try and gain the skill manually. If this works, get his skills back up where they were again (I use Merola's multi-painting for this, but I think it can be done with the college adjuster too).

Let the Beast inside you free!
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 29, 16:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, strange. I have testingCheatsEnabled in my startup.cheat file so I can drag away all I like. Maybe it works only if activated on neighborhood view? I mean, activate on neighborhood view, then enter the lot. If all else fails, try randomizing his skills with the college adjuster until the offending skill(s) are below grade requirement, then try and gain the skill manually. If this works, get his skills back up where they were again (I use Merola's multi-painting for this, but I think it can be done with the college adjuster too).

Tried all of the above.  :-) I've actually played it for a while now, and it turns out he *is* getting the grades, they're just not showing up. So it seems, at least. He's still gotten B's a couple of times when I *know* he did everything needed for an A+, though.
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 30, 05:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I've noticed is if you want to find out what the sim's actual schoolwork progress is, take the sim to a community lot (the Secret Society lot works as well) and the bar is as it should be, showing where the actual progress is.  It goes back to the broken bar once the sim returns home, but it will give you an idea of where that sim is gradewise for the semester and what you may need to do to get to the grade level you want.

I never did check to see if doing any work on the community lot might have fixed the problem.  I doubt that it would, but it can't hurt to try, I suppose.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 01, 20:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that happen with Gvadovian Tricou in Veronaville one time (this is before NL) and I started over, so I never bothered with it,but It was a brand new hood so I think it can happen to anyone at any time.  The InSIMinator used to have a option to max out their bar and that worked when I had that happen with Jane Stacks in Pleasantview--but they don't have that option anymore(guess it was too buggy--but very handy)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: