More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 14:43:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Who's got some good names for Servos?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Who's got some good names for Servos?  (Read 29319 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Who's got some good names for Servos?
« on: 2006 March 26, 09:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you guys just calling them John Smith or do you have proper robot names?   My first one was Jeeves and the second Maida, but I'm not sure where to go from there.  I refuse to call one C3PO or R2D2.   I'm thinkiing about a series of names  - a serial number is a traditional SciFi ID for robots, but I'd have to track where I'd got to or I'd have '0009 Smith' and '0009 Jones'.  I've seen alphabot, betabot etc. but what comes after Z?    Asimov called his something like 'Robot John Smith' or 'R John Smith'.  What have you guys called yours?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Who's got some good names for Servos?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 26, 10:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Tobor". All of them are called "Tobor". Tobor-01, Tobor-02, etc.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 26, 10:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I have them again, I will probably did what I did with a previous android-skinned family and name them after various scientists and science fiction writers, with some sort of pulled from the air model number after. I seem to remember I had an Asimov, a Tesla, a Newton, and a Curie...

SimSherry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 26, 10:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I've had Tinker Belle, Otto Pilot, Gizmo, and Gadget.  I figure since they each have a personality and wants and such, they should be more than just a number, right?  Can't wait to see what other names get added to this post, I definitely want some new ideas!
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 26, 10:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of mine get called Robo R___. R___ being any name starting with R. So far I have Robo Robb, Robo Robin, Robo Roxann, and Robo Rita.

I have NO imagination.

My first one was called Metalhead, so the Robo sims should feel lucky.

Fail.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 26, 10:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only had two...  the male I called servo, the female I called servette   Roll Eyes

Ness
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 26, 11:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm what was that terminator androids name??? John something??

Axe murdered since 2006
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 26, 11:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any servos yet, but if I did...it would be named Overs. Tongue

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 26, 13:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't really prepared when I got my first in that I wasn't sure how it worked.  The person who made him was the ex-Diva (now married to Twain), but she was knackered when she'd finished so I got Posie Flump to activate him, which gave him the surname of Flump (probably better than Ballard, the Diva's surname at the time).  As he'd got Posie's surname, I chose a surname based on the Diva, so he's Divaman Flump.  The woman he made himself is (surprisingly enough), Divawoman Flump.  This means that when they have kids they'll probably be Divaboy Flump, Divagirl Flump, Divalad Flump, Divalass Flump ... amazingly imaginative.

My next bot family I'll try harder.  Maybe I'll have one called Ann Droid or Roe Botte or something.  Or maybe not.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 26, 13:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one in my new avatar picture is called Robo-Nanny.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 26, 14:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only had one robot, and in true original mode, I named it HAL. I'll probably get more creative next time and call them things like R2-D2 and C3PO  Roll Eyes

Gosh.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 26, 14:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

try this site for ideas!

http://www.btinternet.com/~reg.joy/AtoZ.htm
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 26, 15:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got one called Areyou-486.

I've also found just about anything works if you just attach "Funky" to the beginning.
Aldebaran
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 26, 15:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I called my first Destruct-o-Mat. Sadly, he hasn't run amok since the activation. One of these days I'll command him to swim a little  Cheesy
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 26, 15:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ED 101
from the origanal carmageddon I think, but probably from something before that.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 26, 15:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only two, because I'm still obsessed with the whole android thing. Anyway, her name is Dremma, his name is Ypsilon. The greek alphabeth is a good source, so are sci-fi novels. Or some good alterations of latin words.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 26, 15:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I should add a command just for servos, "Destroy All Humans", and if they click on another sim (that must be a human, obviously), the option "Destroy" will appear.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 26, 15:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...robot names eh? Well, first two would be easy: Marvin and Electric Eye. Then what...?
How about Iron Man? Painkiller? Jawbreaker? British Steel? Bah, you know what? Pick up any Judas Priest album and rummage through the titles. You'll find many appropriate names for robots!

Maybe I should add a command just for servos, "Destroy All Humans", and if they click on another sim (that must be a human, obviously), the option "Destroy" will appear.

Love that idea JM! Always looking for more fun ways to disintegrate townies! Oh, wait...townies are actually of some use in OFB right? Damn, gonna have to stop the killing spree when I get it. Double damn!

Let the Beast inside you free!
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 26, 17:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YES!!! AMOK ON COMMAND!!

Wooh. That would be awesome.

So far, I've named robots "Andrew" (after "Bicentenial Man,"the short story, not the book or the movie, although the movie was pretty good for a robot movie . . . better than the I, Robot movie . . . but I digress) and "Eliza," after Eliza.

In the near Earth short stories, the ones compiled in I, Robot, Asimov gave his robots letter-number designations, but the characters gave them a name based on that designation. So "QT" became "Cutie," and "DV" (I think. Something D, V may have been something else.) became "Dave." Or the characters would name the robots after their functions, so the really fast robot (curses, can't remember what the story was. Either "Runaround" or "Catch that Rabbit!" Possibly both; Asimov complained a lot about how editors would change his story names) was called "Speedy."

Then in the Elijah Bailey novels, The Caves of Steel and sequels, robots had basically human names with an R. abbreviated from Robot at the front. Thus, R. Daneel Olivaw. So that might be the easiest naming configuration. Give them regular names with an R. intitial in front of it. R. Bob, R. Steve, er . . . something.

Of course, there's always Martin.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 26, 17:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...is it Martin or Marvin?

Let the Beast inside you free!
Marvelleaux
Puppy Fucker
Blathering Buffoon

"free-thinking cat shits outside the box"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 26, 18:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grendel

Odi profanum vulgaris
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 26, 19:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen alphabot, betabot etc. but what comes after Z?   

You really intend to have more than 24 robots  Huh
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

.::devil's little sister::.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 26, 19:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my first servo run amok last night and I have to say "Run Amok: on command would so kick ass.  Oh back to the topic..my first female servo I named Tin Lizzie and she's my favorite so far.

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 26, 19:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the "Destroy All Humans" idea, Pescado. Please make it so Grin

Meanwhile ... I named my first servo Severina (a female who was nowhere near enough up to the mark as any kind of a dominatrix, so that plan went down the tubes) Next to be activated got saddled with Gort. He was as gormlessly useless, as my experience with his ersatz female protoype led me to anticipate. As a punishment for being so deficient in qualities worthwhile of preservation, I made him swim in the pool all day and stand all night, waiting for sun up, by the mailbox.

I finally lost interest and moved both bots out their respective families and combined them into a new household. I'm still waiting for one or the other to come up as a potential employee at one of my 'normal' sims' businesses ....

To be honest making them is too easy and destroying them is too hard. In a world where mortal sims are apt to become trembly-voiced arthritic wrecks within minutes of giving birth an immortal, indestructable robot is sort of insulting.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 26, 19:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...is it Martin or Marvin?

If we're talking about the robot from the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, then it's Marvin.

Gosh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: