More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 07:06:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No 1st business memory?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No 1st business memory?  (Read 4202 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
No 1st business memory?
« on: 2006 March 18, 18:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone notice that when a sim purchases a deed to a business by someone selling it to them (real estate office), they don't get an "opened 1st business" memory?
My sims that started a home business or bought a lot over the phone have this memory but the ones that purchased it via the real estate office from another sim don't have the memory. They have the deed in their inventory but not the memory of starting it. Strange.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: No 1st business memory?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 18, 18:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like another cock-up.  Even worse is the weird way they work out the earnings.  I had a Sim buy a lot for around $50,000, which he subsequently sold for $120,000.  He therefore made a profit of $70,000.  The game, however, game him 3 memories of earning $25,000, $50,000 and $100,000, which was impossible as the first $50,000 was his own money that he'd already previously earned (well, half of it was his girlfriend's and most of it came from the $40,000 they got when they left Uni, plus a $25,000 bank loan).  I had another Sim borrow $75,000 to start a business, costing that amount, which was sold for $100,000, and she also got the memory of earning $100,000, even though she had only earned $25,000.  I exited out of that one without saving because it seemed so ridiculous.  Even allowing for what they earn from selling stock, it wouldn't make that much difference. 

This is a real pain actually, because any old Sim could achieve a LTW of "Earn $100,000" in one day by buying and selling a business.  Whether they simply forgot to discount the purchase price or it never occurred to them, I don't know, but I strongly suspect the latter. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 18, 20:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they didn't really open it, did they? Wink
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 18, 22:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if they bought it they should at least get a memory of starting a business like everyone else.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 19, 01:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They should. Especially with one of the new LTW's: "Have 5 Top Ranking Businesses".

Instant gratification takes too long.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 19, 06:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for "top-ranking" do they just have to be level 10 or do they have to get that best of the best thing?  I haven't gotten that yet.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 19, 12:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Level 10, which isn't too difficult to achieve really.

That's the only new LTW and just about anyone who grows up or completes their first LTW in my game is getting it.  Undecided

Instant gratification takes too long.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 19, 18:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They should. Especially with one of the new LTW's: "Have 5 Top Ranking Businesses".

It shouldn't effect achieving that LTW b/c the memory spawned for it occurs when you hit the level 10 business.
]
Making 100k is insanely easy now with OFB btw, as noted not just with selling businesses, but if you price your items high enough.  I had a teen who earned that memory is about a day of working in his dad's high priced robot shop.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 31, 10:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We definitely need a mod for this.  It makes no sense that someone can buy a business with $50,000 of their own previously-earned money, sell it straight back to the community seconds later, and be given a memory that they've earned another $50,000.  Deleting the memories doesn't help either, because the earnings are already stored somewhere else and can't be altered.  At the moment it's stopping me selling businesses, I just don't like the way it happens at all.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 31, 11:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the mod could include a change in their employment status to say business owner, or self employed or entreprenuer instead of unemployed.

Self employed sims are not unemployed!!!!

Axe murdered since 2006
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: