More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 19:55:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  i hate my customers, *why?*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: i hate my customers, *why?*  (Read 13688 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: i hate my customers, *why?*
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 26, 21:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was intended that playable sims visiting stores will only keep the last 3 objects purchased and automatically sell back the others so that they don't run out of money.  This is completly broken. When I enter the houses of most sims their inventory is loaded with crap and they have no money and I have to manually sell everything they've bought.

Check the FFS directory here and get the "no playable shoppers" hack -- it'll keep your playables from wasting their money unless you specifically allow them to go shopping by putting a 'money order' in their inventory.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
sgestner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 26, 21:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded a bunch of Squinge's mods and let me tell you, my businesses are now businesses instead of playhouses. 

Does anyone know anything about this Squinge?

I just seems that he popped out of nowhere and is creating all these hacks...and several are duplicates, at least two are the same as TJ's...

I guess I don't really trust him/her because of unfamiliarity...and also because when I pointed out his duplication of TJ's hacks, he only posted something about it not being worth responding to...
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 26, 23:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He was around for a while but really only started created a large volume of hacks recently.

He's always been very nice and courteous and PMs everyone who posted in his threads everytime he finds a bug and makes an update.

Actually, I'm starting to wonder if he's Pescado's good twin.  Grin

Anyway, I use a lot of his stuff without problem. I don't think he's ripping off TJs stuff. He actually seems oblivious to what's going on over here as he didn't even realize there was a comm-skilling hack by Pescado auntil I told him about it.

I think he's safe to trust, at least that's my opinion.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 27, 00:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge has been around for a long time, and I remember his first hacks, which had problems, and he got a lot of help from more experienced modders. So the hacks you're seeing now are not a first attempt by a new modder.

Fail.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 27, 00:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I'm starting to wonder if he's Pescado's good twin.  Grin

I like the fact that there's someone around who doesn't mind creating cheats. I don't mean the "painting that will max all motives!" type cheat, but stuff like having unpaid employees. Can you see JM making that one? LOL

I also use his autonomous objects a lot in my autonomous Legacy family. They'd be pretty lost without the one that builds Charisma. The rabbit toy just isn't enough.

Fail.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 27, 00:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the ones i chose of Squinges have worked perfectly well so far, no reason to suspect they won't carry on doing so
unlike my attempt at something a couple of nights ago, which i think was the cause of the sims tv screen pics to come out of the tvs and float in the room Undecided
(don't ask)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 27, 00:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the fact that there's someone around who doesn't mind creating cheats. I don't mean the "painting that will max all motives!" type cheat, but stuff like having unpaid employees. Can you see JM making that one? LOL

Actually, I almost can. He seems to approve of sweatshops and slave labor.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 27, 02:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

relocating stock is the thing that pisses me off about stores in RL

Yep.  I get very cranky when things are switched around so I can't find what USED to be in the same section.  And even crankier when there's not an employee to be found to point me in the right direction.  And sometimes none of it makes sense.  Probably because men do the stocking and women do the shopping.   Grin

That said, after changing the displays in my bakery it seemed more customers came in.  Through the living room initially because the teen son had invited some friends over and I had to unlock the front door to let the guests in.   And forgot to relock it.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 27, 03:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the ones i chose of Squinges have worked perfectly well so far, no reason to suspect they won't carry on doing so
unlike my attempt at something a couple of nights ago, which i think was the cause of the sims tv screen pics to come out of the tvs and float in the room Undecided
(don't ask)

Wow! Tv images floatiing in the air. I hope you took a picture? That could make some good horror sims movies' material!  Grin

Go Away
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 27, 03:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I almost can. He seems to approve of sweatshops and slave labor.
Well, slavery is illegal, but we still have sweatshops in which you can pay your workers practically nothing. That's what I do. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 27, 03:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(don't ask)

Wow! Tv images floatiing in the air. I hope you took a picture? That could make some good horror sims movies' material!  Grin

i did take one but haven't checked it out yet. the image was lying sort of sideways and changed as i scrolled around so i may not have caught it. reinstalling OfB sorted it out. don't think i'll be sharing any mods any time soon though
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 28, 23:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to try something less messy than hacking every single obnoxious interaction, the approach Squinge has taken, try the general-purpose "nopedostalkers" available in the OFB test directory. Should work for NL as well.

It will completely eliminate a lot of creepy stalkerly behaviors, such as stalking some child on a community lot to offer them candy, and greatly reduce the urge of sims to badger total strangers, especially in shops! Your shoppers will thus tend to behave themselves, rather than constantly poking and annoying everyone. Because in real life, this sort of thing gets you thrown out of the store and told never to come back.

Will this also affect sims who are following the shop-owner around the lot to complain about things I don't understand? They always try to complain about the servos, but the only two servos involved in business are the cashier and the one who restocks, and they are doing their job well - or do they need a golden badge to let no one complain about them? Or, are customers complaining about servos who are reloading or are turned off? I am helpless about their complaints as long as they don't tell clearly what makes them complain, and this behaviour bugs me.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 29, 01:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am helpless about their complaints as long as they don't tell clearly what makes them complain, and this behaviour bugs me.

you can't really do anything about their complaints except stop them with Squinges "Customers Stop Complaining" hack
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=7026

I had customers complaining about the bed not being made...the bed they had just gotten out of at the whorehouse  Roll Eyes
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 29, 01:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just downloaded this hack some minutes ago. Thank you anyway. Smiley

I had customers complaining about dishes not being cleaned up... the dishes they just had eaten from.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: