More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:46:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB Bakery Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB Bakery Question  (Read 4366 times)
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
OFB Bakery Question
« on: 2006 March 28, 17:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had very much time to play TS2 at all lately, ever since I bought OFB as a matter of fact; however, I had a few hours to play yesterday and I'm having some problems with a bakery that I had Brandi Broke purchase and wondered if someone could help me. (By the way, I did search before posting but I didn't see anyone else with the same problem so I figured I must be doing something wrong/stupid.) When I click on the refrigerator or stove and direct Brandi to "make many" "group meals" and select say, cheesecake or berry pie (something bakery-like) as soon as she finishes baking it, she sets it down on the counter and immediately takes a slice to serve it. I can cancel out the action but only the single slice is able to be marked for the sale, the entire rest of the dessert is not. I can place it in her inventory but it is still unsaleable. The single slices that I can mark for sale go bad after and certain amount of time and I end up having to have her throw them away. I guess I thought this would be more like the workstations where their craftables immediately go into the sims' inventory. I also searched the Prima Guide but found nothing to help. Would someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Between this and the stupid salon that I never could get running (buggy salon chair!), I'm really, really frustrated! Angry

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: OFB Bakery Question
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 28, 17:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The single slices that I can mark for sale go bad after and certain amount of time and I end up having to have her throw them away.

Have you tried putting them in the display case?  Food doesn't go bad if it's stored in there.

You're correct that meals made using Make Many are supposed to go into the inventory.  I'm not sure why that's not happening in your case.

Karen
« Last Edit: 2006 March 28, 17:19:19 by karen » Logged
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 28, 18:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have a custom frig or stove on the lot - and do you have any mods that effect a frig (like always full) or a mod that effects serving of food (like smart serve)? These might be interferring with the make many. Also, is this happening with Maxis foods or with custom foods?

When you use the make / make many command - as long as you don't cancel out the interaction, it is supposed to go into the inventory when it is made. If you cancel the command, they will put it on the counter. Food will spoil unless it is in the inventory or in the chill display case (as mentioned above).
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 28, 19:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Crammyboy's NoCommLotFoodServe.package and dizzy's smartserve2f.package., no custom foods other then ones I downloaded from Retail Sims (so they are available in buy mode but not to make from cooking). Do you think it's the hacks causing the foods to not go into inventory?

simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 28, 19:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Crammyboy's NoCommLotFoodServe.package and dizzy's smartserve2f.package., no custom foods other then ones I downloaded from Retail Sims (so they are available in buy mode but not to make from cooking). Do you think it's the hacks causing the foods to not go into inventory?

I'd give it a shot and take them out. I don't have either of those and haven't had a problem. Brandi's been cooking up a storm for Dustin's home bakery business. I'm pretty sure that dizzy's mod wasn't updated for OFB and considering all the changes with the frig and food for OFB, I'd been willing to bet that is the one that is giving you the problems.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 28, 20:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks simmerical for your help. I'll remove dizzy's hack first and see how it goes. (And you know, silly me, I didn't even think to check my hacks Embarrassed)

eta: Okay, I just tried it and yep, it was dizzy's hack that wasn't allowing the food to go into inventory. Works great now....and I feel like a moron for just blaming it on Maxis instead of looking into my hacks.  Undecided I really wish I had, this would have saved me hours of frustration yesterday.

Thanks again, simmerical!
« Last Edit: 2006 March 28, 20:28:45 by KellyQ » Logged

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 28, 21:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NoCommLotFoodServe works fine in my game. I don't have smartserve, so that's probably what's causing your problems. I would venture that it'd be safe to keep the nocommlotfoodserve in.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 28, 23:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thrilled that my game works like it's suppose to now that I've taken out the smartserve hack but....anyone know of a hack that lets kids cook for themselves? That was the best part of that hack and I hate to do without it.

edited: because leaving out words is confusing.

simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 28, 23:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thrilled that my game works like it's suppose to now that I've taken out the smartserve hack but....anyone know of a hack that lets kids cook for themselves? That was the best part of that hack and I hate to do without it.

The only thing I have been able to do is have them use the little toy oven. I've had Beau making muffins over and over again and Dustin sticks them in the display case to sell. (Gotta love exploiting child labor that way.  Cheesy )

I do remember seeing a hacked toy oven that did allow them to make pizza but I can't remember where I saw it.  Huh
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 28, 23:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's too funny, simmerical, get those little buggers to make a profit somehow! I believe that hacked (pizza) oven was on MTS2 or Various Simmers but I don't remember right off hand either.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 29, 00:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's one of Carrigon's creations - http://pop.suscom.net/~lemora/sims2/dload2.html
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 29, 01:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doh, wrong post I was answering Smiley  Disregard...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: