More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:03:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Got myself a bunch of new customers!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Got myself a bunch of new customers!  (Read 3863 times)
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Got myself a bunch of new customers!
« on: 2006 March 27, 01:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I started my game over, shortly after getting NL, I decided, on the advice of some people here, not to nuke all the downtownies.  I have not regretted that decision, since it's true that they are a better looking bunch than most.  However, I was annoyed by the fact that the downtownies would not come to the 'burbs (that's a bit snooby no?). I got REALLY annoyed when I realized they wouldn't shop in my hood either.  I didn't really want to move my 'hood downtown.

So since the mountain wouldn't come to mohamed, mohamed went to the mountain.  Using Inge's indispesable bush, I teleported in all the downtownies (the Garth family I think), moved them in briefly and then made them townies. So now I have lots more customers for my shops.

I think the only sims left downtown are the Tricou's and the vampires.  That suits me fine....leave downtown to the vampires and the dead.

I was wondering however.  What happens if you delete a downtown.  I'm pretty sure the characters aren't deleted.  So they point to something that no longer exists.   Do they simply become inactive? Do they wander the 'hoods?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Got myself a bunch of new customers!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 27, 01:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried deleting a downtown. I do wish someone would make a hack that lets downtownies shop in other towns. I live in a big city downtown and while I might not go casually strolling down the street in the burbs I would shop there.

Because of this I generally try to keep my shops downtown. I bought the 50s diner there and supplement the food with paintings and have done pretty well with this. I ended up moving my sims downtown too though otherwise there's extra loading time for the downtown neighborhood to load first before the business lot loads if they are coming from another neighborhood.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 27, 01:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, I use Inge's bush a long time ago and revamped all the monkeys and donkeys townies. Everyone looks decent now.
It only takes a few hours and if you aren't fussy, 1-2 hours suffices.

Go Away
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 27, 09:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really want to turn all my downtownies into townies, but I do wish they would shop in the business district, it makes no sense that they don't.  The first time I bought something downtown (the sculpture park) I had a vamp visit, plus Mrs CrumpleBottom was wandering around.  I want to open a funeral parlour, which is perfect for vampires to visit, but I don't want to put it Downtown, so they won't.  A mod to sort this out would be very welcome.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 27, 18:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downtown won't come uptown?

That's odd, I've seen them walking around base neighborhoods before. Or maybe I was hallucinating.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 27, 19:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen playables that live downtown walking around the suburbs and coming in to shops (before I put in the no playable shoppers hack), but not actual downtownies.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 27, 21:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting how they've segregated the neighborhoods like that. I presume it's that way because they they can't expect everyone to have the same combination of explanation packs, then again, I'm sure the extra code would be trivial to add over at EA/Maxis that would allow global townie traversal (eg. if the user has this EP, then do this, if not, do this instead).

Not a big deal really, there's enough townie clutter as it is and you could always place another business downtown if you really wanted to.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 29, 01:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To me it seems almost like a bug in the way it's carried through.

It does seem almost normal that Downtownies wouldn't be walking down the sidewalks in the main neighborhood.  In fact, it seems a little bizarre when I've played a family that lives on a Downtown lot and regular Townies come walking by.

What is really flawed, though, is if your sim lives in the main neighborhood and is friends with Downtownies and throw parties, those Downtownies won't come to their parties.  They also won't go to parties thrown on University lots, although they will visit when invited.

I had one sim last night in college and he threw a party and invited two of his sisters and his girlfriend which is a Downtownie (they're in love--so relationship isn't the problem).  I got the message about missing some of your party guests.  Low and behold, both his sisters, who live on a Downtown lot (well, it doesn't LOOK like any Downtown I've ever seen Wink) came with no problem, but Belle was a no-show.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: