More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 10:59:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Shop till you drop
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shop till you drop  (Read 4427 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Shop till you drop
« on: 2006 March 25, 00:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Prima Guide claims:  "If a playable Sim buys something autonomously, you'll be notified [emphasis mine] that your Sim went shopping the next time you load the home lot."

Just what is this notification?  I've been finding various items in the inventories of my playable Sims - duplicates of items they already have - because I looked there after loading the lot.

Anyone gotten a heads up their Sim is a shopaholic before you search the inventory?

TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
Re: Shop till you drop
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 25, 00:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course not. Given that the game probably wasn't even gold when Prima "finalized" its guide, Maxis probably took it out (or *gasp* screwed up their coding).
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 25, 00:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been watching for this 'notification' as well.  And not been too shocked to not see it.  Maybe it will come with the patch of the patch of an upcoming patch.

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 25, 01:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been watching for this 'notification' as well.  And not been too shocked to not see it.  Maybe it will come with the patch of the patch of an upcoming patch.

Or 3 expansion packs later, like changing toddler hair took.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 25, 01:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen it, either.  I have to search all their inventories everytime, it's a bit of a pain really.  Didn't even know there was meant to be a notification, but it would help if there was.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 25, 02:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess it went out along with the limit on how many items sims could buy.

Fail.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 25, 02:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, but I've been getting a pop-up that says 'hey great, someone brought home a video game blah blah blah' when no one has purchased any such thing. I checked all of their inventories. It usually happens when someone returns home from their own business.

I also tried clicking on the computers and the console to see if any new games showed up. No.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 25, 17:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, but I've been getting a pop-up that says 'hey great, someone brought home a video game blah blah blah' when no one has purchased any such thing. I checked all of their inventories. It usually happens when someone returns home from their own business.

I also tried clicking on the computers and the console to see if any new games showed up. No.

I had this message, too, plus a text saying that I have to buy a computer or console for the new video game. But I own already such things, and no new game  Roll Eyes
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 25, 19:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also been getting the message about "Someone bought new clothes, buy a dresser so that you can change clothes".  When there is already one or more dressers on the lot.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 26, 01:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once got that message about the dresser when one of my Sims came home from work.  It said they had some new work clothes and needed somewhere to put them (I think they'd just had a promotion).  As I recall, this was before any of the expansions came out and I only saw it that one time.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 26, 11:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten the dresser message on returning from community lots. I had not bought any clothes.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: