More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 06:21:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bald??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bald??  (Read 7598 times)
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
Bald??
« on: 2006 March 22, 22:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Febuary, I decided to start binning hair.  The issue at hand is that a set of hair that I catagorized, has hijacked the bald files in my game.(I think)  I deleted the files in question, but I still see the flatend version on if I select the bald hairstyle or any transparent style.  How can I fix this?

« Last Edit: 2006 March 23, 03:26:00 by Kala » Logged

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Bald??
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 22, 22:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you were dealing with Sims## packages, I would replace the file from the corresponding disc.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 22, 22:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For example, if the Sims## file came from the Base Game folder, load up the base game disc, and then copy and replace file from the disc.
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 23, 03:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The file(s) is question are custume content.  At first, I deleted the file, then I replaced them with the non-binned versions.  This happened to me before, but once I replaced/deleted the files, all was well.

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 23, 04:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like one of Janna's hairs (Sims Connection).  Is this happening with the default bald, or just with the bald set melodie9 just posted over at MST2?  I know I'm getting the same textures hijacking melodie9's version; I haven't bothered to page through to checking the default bald.
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 23, 08:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was getting this issue with all of the new OFB characters.  It didn't seem to matter which new hairstyle I had selected, custom or regular, although usually the bald and mohawk were the only styles that showed the problem because the style didn't cover up the glitch.  Occasionally I'd see it with other shorter hairstyles or different colors, so it looks like a wig with a black baldcap underneath.  It's freaky.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 23, 12:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem in my game ( hair binned by myself) and I was able to track it down to some janna's hair. In fact as soon as I deleted them, no more black bald hair problem : it was the one called "prom queen" or something like that, with some stars looking barette (is it a word in english ??) on the side of the hair. If you need I can search the exact name on sims connection (free hair).
Hope it helps.
Pioupiou
edit : I don't know where/how to edit something in SimPE to prevent this problem, and I find that I'm fine without that hair, which is far from nice in game in my opinion...
« Last Edit: 2006 March 23, 15:34:06 by pioupiou » Logged
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 23, 12:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

with some stars looking barette (is it a word in english ??)

Yes. Smiley

artchick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 23, 14:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know how we can edit the files in SimPE to prevent the override from happening?
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 23, 23:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Proomqueen textures are the textures I'm talking about and it's not just the black file that's doing this.  I don't have any custome bald textures.  The wort part is this isn't the first time this has happend with some of Janna's file.  I catagorized some of her old TSR hair, it overode the bald files, but once I placed a nonbinned version back in my game, things returned to nomral. 

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 03, 00:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know necromancy is bad but I think I should share some new knowledge (new to me at last) on the subject :
even if I have deleted the offending hair (responsible for the bald head being black) I still have 2 sims which have black bald hair, no matter what I do, or how many times I make them go to the mirror.
But this evening I had a new idea and it work : I try changing these sims' age (down to teen and back up to adult) and it worked !! Somehow they get updated and no more black bald head  Grin
I try another method to do it and it works as well : changing the sim to zombie then back again to normal sim. Personnaly I prefer this method (lesser risk to mess wants, lifetime want and no need to replan their outfit...).
Hope this could help someone with the same problem.
Pioupiou
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: