More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 22:40:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Taking dates to owned community lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Taking dates to owned community lots  (Read 2588 times)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Taking dates to owned community lots
« on: 2006 March 22, 21:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was planning on having one or two of my Sims take over some of the Downtown lots (e.g. The Hub, or P.U.R.E.) Now I'm glad they haven't.

My Sim went on a date with a townie (Jan Tellerman) to a place that has an Electrono-Ticket machine. Jan spent all her time pondering whether to sign up. My Sim can call her over and dance, etc. but he couldn't buy her an entry ticket, and anytime Jan wasn't preoccupied (several times), she wandered back to the front of the building, still trying to decide whether to buy a ticket. By the time she finally does buy a ticket, the date is nearly over.

I think during a date a Sim should be able to buy a ticket for his/her date, or is there an option I've overlooked?

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Taking dates to owned community lots
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 22, 21:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't done this yet but I know if you have the owner on the lot, you can give free admitance to someone. Can you click on the ticket machine for any options?  I'll have to experiment tonight.
Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 22, 21:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens if you have the owner stop charging before he leaves the lot? Can your other sims then visit for free? I haven't experimented with this.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 22, 21:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't taken dates to owned venues but I have to owned restaurants and a word of advice, hire employees!

Even if you always send them home or never call them in when you actually play the restaurant, you will need them to show up and work the restaurant autonomously if you visit it. The reason being that ONLY the owner will show up on the lot autonomously to work it, even if you have 8 people in your family and they normally all work the restaurant, only the owner and any employees will show up to work it.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 22, 21:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot to mention that the Sim with the date was not the owner of the venue. The owner was on the scene but acting as DJ at the time.

Hitch, that's an interesting idea and I'll try it next time.

Motoki, thanks for the heads up. I haven't done a restaurant yet but that would be awful to arrive and have only the owner there.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 22, 22:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are definitely issues with taking dates to owned businesses. the ticket machine is one. There is definitely no option to buy tickets for your date, as said. I tried. Also, if there are things for sell, like a flower shop or a grocery store, the date would have the buy bar up, and you couldn't stop, my sim tried to distract her, but she keeps going back to buy bar. She eventually bought something, and paid at the register. And guess what, the date ends  Angry, with more than 2 minutes left!

So before somebody came up a hack, don't bring your date to a store or venue, which takes away a lot of fun from OFB. I like to visit owned businesses.  Cry

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: