More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:28:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims get filthy rich by visiting SS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims get filthy rich by visiting SS  (Read 29477 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Sims get filthy rich by visiting SS
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 26, 13:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As it happened, I could have performed the resurrections in the dorm.  I had another dormie die last night and as she'd just autonomously fallen for another dormie and they had 3 bolts, my 'rules' meant they had to become playable.  I was able to move in her true love and then he was able to resurrect her and she moved in.  Previously, no one could be moved into a dorm so they must have changed that.  I suspected they had when the other dormies I resurrected at the SS had become playable, until I changed them back to townies before leaving.

I tried sending another Sim to the SS just to see what happened and the funds were not only still there, they'd doubled again.  I left without saving to avoid taking almost $25m more Simoleans back to the dorm.  The ex-dormie will be abducted as soon as I play it again (luckily, his girlfriend is already a member), so I can't avoid it unless I put the no abductions hack back in, which I'd rather not do because taking them there is often the only way they can skill and study in peace when they're in a 3-bolter. 

I expect something will be done about this in the next patch, there's a lot of talk about it on the official BBS.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 26, 21:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RTFM = Read the fu**ing manual, or Read the Freaking Manual, whatever you prefer

*LOL* Thanks .... and I´ll do that Smiley

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 28, 01:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After spending ages sending money orders to all the Sims who'd passed through Uni to divide up the $6m or whatever it was, I decided it was silly so I reduced them all back to what they were.  Beau's girlfriend and her friend moved into a house and they were joined that evening by their respective partners.  The other male wanted to marry a rich Sim, so I had both him and Beau move in via marriage.  The first one was no problem, he brought the $20,000 with him he got when he left Uni.  Beau, however, brought MINUS approx. $370,000, even though he also had $20,000 when he was in the Bin.  I exited without saving and tried again with exactly the same result.  I can only assume it had something to do with the fact that his girlfriend had left with around $3m, even though I'd reduced her right down to what she should have had, which was the original $20,000 plus her $30,000 share of what would have been left in the dorm when the four of them had gone.  Also, when I sent another Sim to the SS just before that, the money didn't double like it had when I sent the other one (that I didn't save) but he still took the $6m back to the dorm with him.

The whole thing is SERIOUSLY mucked-up.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 28, 04:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Highly annoying bug this *nods*

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 April 17, 06:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I now have twojeff´s No more Secret Society abductions hack, and it have solved the problem in a way. Meaning that I have stopped the SS from spoiling my game but ofcourse my sims can´t go to the SS ... but I don´t mind that any more *LOL*

Rose
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 April 17, 07:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am exited to have this bug  Grin Grin

I even send my sims again and again to the SS, only to gain another million.

Didn't use Motherlode from then on  Grin Grin
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 April 17, 14:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But what do you DO with all that money when you've got it, Gali?!  There's a limit to what they can buy after all!

I had it happen when someone moved in recently.  The game said they were bringing so many millions with them, but the actual figure they brought was less than what it said (although still in 6 figures).  I exited without saving and tried again and exactly the same two figures came up, but when someone else moved in on another lot they only brought $5,000, so I don't know what's going on.  The person who brought the millions was an old codger with a couple of days to live who moved in with the Jacquet woman and he certainly didn't have that sort of money where he came from.  The $5,000 came from Missdoh, who moved in with Alexander Goth, so whether it's only affecting new OFB lots I don't know, although that doesn't explain the SS problem of course.

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 April 17, 14:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I now have twojeff´s No more Secret Society abductions hack, and it have solved the problem in a way. Meaning that I have stopped the SS from spoiling my game but ofcourse my sims can´t go to the SS ... but I don´t mind that any more *LOL*

Rose
It doesn't prevent your sims from being able to go to the SS. After you've got the "$SIMNAME has been inducted into the Secret Society" message, just have them use the phone to Call.../Transportation. After that, you just click "Go to Secret Society".

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 April 17, 15:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had it happen when someone moved in recently.  The game said they were bringing so many millions with them, but the actual figure they brought was less than what it said (although still in 6 figures).  I exited without saving and tried again and exactly the same two figures came up, but when someone else moved in on another lot they only brought $5,000, so I don't know what's going on.  The person who brought the millions was an old codger with a couple of days to live who moved in with the Jacquet woman and he certainly didn't have that sort of money where he came from.  The $5,000 came from Missdoh, who moved in with Alexander Goth, so whether it's only affecting new OFB lots I don't know, although that doesn't explain the SS problem of course.

I think it's actually an NL thing -- as I recall from both my own game and discussions on line, it seems like downtownies come in with ridiculous amounts of money. Regular townies and dormies usually come in with some random amount below the $20k Sims in the family bin get.  I've seen it range from about $2k (Goopy) to $18k in my game.

Jase has a hack that fixes the 'lottery move in' bug over on the Inteenimator site that pretty much fixes the downtownies to come in with the usual below-20k amounts (except, of course, for Mr. Big and the Diva, who are SUPPOSED to be filthy rich Smiley).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 April 17, 22:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's actually an NL thing -- as I recall from both my own game and discussions on line, it seems like downtownies come in with ridiculous amounts of money. Regular townies and dormies usually come in with some random amount below the $20k Sims in the family bin get.  I've seen it range from about $2k (Goopy) to $18k in my game.

It's not an NL thing.  The bug has been around since the game first came out.  I was hit by it less than a month after the game was first released.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 April 17, 23:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sit corrected. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2006 May 15, 19:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know... pinhead has released a new version of his moveinall hack for OFB which fixes the issue regarding funds being incorrectly reported. I was also having issues with this, even with jase's lottery fix. Even though sim's were not bringing in insane lottery amounts, the number that was reported in the dialog box did not match the actual amount of funds. Ancient Sim describes this problem above. The new version that I requested fixes this, as well as adds the ability to ask other YAs/dormies to 'move in' and join your household, even if they live in the same dorm. I wanted this feature because I wanted to make certain dormies playable without having to move out of the household first or use any selectable 'cheats.' The normal features were to allow 'move in' for any sim, including townie children and up. It also provides the option to erase all memories or let you keep them, so be sure to check out the compatibility warnings.

Anyways, you can try the new version here. It currently does Not address the SS Lot lottery bug. This is a separate issue, which I am trying to suss out. Perhaps between the both of us, we might be able to figure it out eventually.

FYI. This is only for OFB. I don't know if pinhead has any plans to update the earlier versions for the basegame, Uni, or NL.

Ste

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2006 May 17, 07:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buuuuuuuummmmmmppp. Ok. So I banged out a fix for this... and it appears to be working in my test 'hood. However... I still need feedback on this to make sure it definitely works. So, for those of you who actually were experiencing this problem, please test it out. It'd probably be best to test it in 'hoods/households that you don't care about first. Take several trips to the ss lot, probably from different households, and from different types of households (normal residence, frat, and dorm) just to be sure. Theoretically, in the same Uni 'hood, you should have one ss lot, and the money used on that lot should only be from that lot. And when your sims head back home to their respective households, their funds shouldn't increase exponentially.

If you have any problems or get any errors, please post an error log for me to check out. Smiley

Ste

PS. The fix is here.

Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2006 May 17, 15:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<Hugs syberspunk>

Grin

I'm going to try it out ASAP. This weekend was the first time since I've had OFB that I got a Sim into the SS, but I was flabbergasted at this particular bug. (Mostly that after all this time there still wasn't any fix for it). The worse part was I had assumed that I could simply familyfunds the money away, but SSs are completely hidden and don't seem to be accessible even in SimPE, and all my Uni households had the same family name so familyfunds wasn't working anyway.

Will let you know if I come across any issues.

<Pushes the Thanks button>

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2006 May 17, 16:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... you can still 'fix' the ss lot with the familyfunds cheat... heh, but only if you bothered to write down 1) how much you had before entering the lot and 2) how much you had once you ended up there, and 3) use my fix.

Again, my fix is preventative. I probably should write/include that in the post, which I will after posting this. Tongue It should prevent all future ss lot funds from getting buggered. It should also prevent the funky loop where the money grows exponentially upon repeated visits by the same sim(s). But once you buggered your funds, it will pretty much stay at the last amount it was before you stick my fix in. I obviously cannot go back and reset those values for you, since I wouldn't be able to figure out what they were to begin with.

Since I knew about the problem to begin with, when I went in to test/verify the bug, I wrote down how much I had before hand. Once I saw that the bug indeed exists, I went to take a look at the code. I suspect that the default value that an sslot normally starts with should be $39,822. It seems like the game will look for a token that is used to store the ss lot funds. If it doesn't find one, which I assume happens on new ss lots that have never been visited  yet, it will create one with that default value. I could verify this by starting a new Uni, but I didn't feel like it. Tongue

So... what you could do is... once you have my fix in your game, go to the dorm/residence that was affected by the bug and use familyfunds. I always have to look up how to use that cheat. I think you can use it without putting a name in, and it will just affect the current lot. While you are at that household, use the familyfunds cheat and reduce it be $39,822. Then... take a sim to the ss lot. While you are at the ss lot, use the familyfunds again and set the funds to $39,822. If it was the first time you ever visited the ss lot, then that should fix the funds in both places. Once you return to your dorm/residence, the funds should fixed (whatever it was that you reduced it to). If you go back to the sslot, it should still be whatever you set that to, unless there were any actual transactions made before you left it last. If it wasn't the first time you visited the sslot, then you probably have to guesstimate what the ss lot value should have been.

You wouldn't be able to use the familyfunds cheat without my fix, because the funds would just get screwed up again as soon as you entered the lot. And it wouldn't save properly when you leave the lot or quit the game.

Ste

Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2006 May 17, 16:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Ste. To be honest, when I was messing around with this yesterday, I couldn't figure out how to use familyfunds while actually on a lot. I actually had to go into SimPE and fix the Greek house after I finished playing.  The only way I could figure out how to fix the SS funds was to use Monique's computer and "donate" the excess funds. But I prefer not to use Monique's computer, it's an inelegant solution.

But the main reason I want to post is that I just tried it your fix out - at a Greek house - and it worked perfectly. The Greek house funds stayed as they should, and the SS funds stayed where they were. 

It will be awhile before I try it in a dorm, but I'm keeping your fix in and I'll let you know if there are any issues.

THANK YOU!!! Sorry but I have to bleat, This is Awesome!

Grin  Grin

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 May 17, 16:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great news ... THANKS  Grin

Going to try it out  Kiss

Rose
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2006 May 17, 17:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A
But the main reason I want to post is that I just tried it your fix out - at a Greek house - and it worked perfectly. The Greek house funds stayed as they should, and the SS funds stayed where they were. 

It will be awhile before I try it in a dorm, but I'm keeping your fix in and I'll let you know if there are any issues.

THANK YOU!!! Sorry but I have to bleat, This is Awesome!

Grin  Grin

Heheh. Bleat away. And it certainly is great that it works! I still don't quite feel awesome yet. I'm far too humble to make such a proclamation. j/k Grin

Joking aside, this is how I used the familyfunds cheat.

familyfunds <household name> $amount

for example, I was testing this with Jimmy Phoenix, so while I was at his dorm, I typed:

familyfunds 'phoenix' 1052

This set his dorm funds to the $1052 that he started with (in my game at least, before I went to the ss lot).

then, when I went to the ss lot, I typed:

familyfunds 'phoenix' 40870

This set the funds of the current lot, which was the ss lot, to $40870. This was the number I wrote down after Jimmy showed up on the ss lot, before I had my fix in. I suspect this is the default money plus his money minus a few stray dollars that were spent by ss lot members playing video games.
$39822 (default ss lot funds) + $1052 (Jimmy Phoenix's funds)  - $4 (possible amount spent on video games) = $40870.

I only figured that out after I looked at the code and thought about it for a while. Roll Eyes

Anyways, with the familyfunds, you don't need to use quote ' if the household is one word, but I did it just in case. But if the household does have more than one word, like some of the default Maxis ones (i.e. First Year Students or whatever they were), you do need to use quotes. I am not sure how it would work if you have more than one household with the same name (like the Capps and Montys).

Alternatively, I think you can also use familyfunds as follows:

familyfunds +/- $amount

for example:

familyfunds +4000 -> should add 4000 to the current household
familyfunds -2000 -> should subtract 2000 from the current household

I haven't tried that myself. I always use the family name before the amount. Anyways, I hope that helps. Smiley

Ste

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: