More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:21:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Newer Shinier Comm Skilling hack at MTS2
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Newer Shinier Comm Skilling hack at MTS2  (Read 21976 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Newer Shinier Comm Skilling hack at MTS2
« on: 2006 March 22, 16:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1124087#post1124087

Works for OFB. Now ALL sims will gain skills anywhere.

I could bow down and kiss his feet!

And as for you Pescado  Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Newer Shinier Comm Skilling hack at MTS2
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 22, 17:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, BIG BIG THANKS, and I "save all my kisses for you" (the Enlish song that won)...Smiley

Wow!!! I am sooo happy!!!

gali
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 22, 17:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the kisses lol, but Squinge deserves them. He made the hack, so go thank him. Smiley

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 22, 17:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, I already replied and thanked him too...Smiley.
SimSherry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 22, 17:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome, thank you for the link.  Roll Eyes
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 22, 17:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link Motoki, I was really missing this hack since it didn't work in OFB Smiley

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 22, 17:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just out of curiousity why is it important for non playable sims to gain skills?

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 22, 17:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case you add them to the family Wink In my case anyway...

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 22, 17:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just out of curiousity why is it important for non playable sims to gain skills?

It also helps so that you don't have a bunch of non-controllable sims playing the instruments horribly, since they all eventually gain creativity skill.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 22, 17:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes and so their karoke singing doesn't suck lol.

Also, I like it for my other playables to gain skills when I am not controlling them. And if you are running a gym as a business the customers really should be gaining body skill as far as I am concerned.

Also, cooking and body skill is important when looking for employees to hire for a restaurant.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 22, 17:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, rock on Motoki. Thank you for the information, this will help for sure. Smiley

Instant gratification takes too long.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 22, 17:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't realise it didn't work, I've still got it in.  I could swear mine have been gaining skills on community lots, but maybe it's just other residential lots, or whatever.  Anyway, I will swop them round.  I'm sick of being offered all these townie teens as employees when they have no skills and I'd rather they earned them than me cheat to get them a few.  I will do that for new Sims (adults with no skills at all? NO WAY!), but not willy-nilly.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 22, 17:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't notice anyone but my playables getting skills with Pescado's OFB comm skilling. Maybe it does work in some circumstances but it didn't seem to for me.

Ancient Sim: I agree with you about the townies and skills. I want them to have some but I also don't feel right just giving it to them. I want them to earn it.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 22, 17:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kewian, when I go with my playable sims to a community lot to train them, many sims of my other families visit there, and only if I select them with the Merola's mirror, they can gain skills, but then MY sims don't skill. This is annoying, because meanwhile they could gain some skills.

Second, I hold my sims there a couple of days (I have a hotel and a restaurant there, and they can sleep and eat), the time is not passing by, and thus I maxed their skills without losing precious time.

Besides, sinse OFB and no skilling for the non-playable sims,  causes all of them to flood the coffee baristas - they don't go to the training objects, especially the body-training.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 22, 18:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it's better if the townie teens have no skills, because then you don't have to pay them more! Minimum wage for unskilled labor! Hooray!

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 22, 18:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw this yesterday, and I was like meh. Wasn't this already done (by a certain you know who)? Tongue

I vaguely recall grumblings about it not working (the FFS version) in OFB, and though I hadn't confirmed this myself, surely those grumblings must be wrong if Pescado hasn't bothered to update it? Roll Eyes

Anyways, just out of curiousity, does anyone still have the FFS version and can confirm that it doesn't work and/or explain what actually does happen?

I get the whole wanting other playables to skill while not controlling them, but I'd actually like to earn those skills myself, as I like to control when sims get job promos, when YAs get those skills for semester grade building, and most importantly when Knowlege sims get those skills, but it can seriously fuck with their wants getting all clogged up when you are trying to focus on one or two skills at a time.

I'll have to take a look at this and see if I can tailor hax it out for my own personal playing style. *sigh* Looks like it's back to SimPE for another day again. I'm never gonna get to actually play am I? Tongue

Ste

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 22, 18:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't work for me. Nothing happens. Zip. Nada. No one gains skill anywhere but playables.

This is Pescado's I am talking about.

And Pescado always said that same spiel about knowledge sims, but thing is I don't really care. I'd just rather them gain the skills. I can honestly say I've never, ever had a problem getting aspiration points for any sim in this game. If you miss them gaining a skill, so what? There's plenty of other wants. Granted they are annoying in that the tend to have obnoxious wants to 'be saved from death' 'see a ghost' 'be abducted' 'be a zombie' 'be a vampire' 'so & so is a zombie' 'defeat the grim reaper' etc. but that's a whole 'nother issue and also why they are a rather irritating aspiration to play.

Besides, IIRC the knowledge LTWs are among the easier ones to fill and this would only make maximize all skills that much easier, so then there's no aspiration worries. Tongue
« Last Edit: 2006 March 22, 19:15:05 by Motoki » Logged

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 22, 18:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it's better if the townie teens have no skills, because then you don't have to pay them more! Minimum wage for unskilled labor! Hooray!

You can always underpay them anyway. Pescado does. Wink

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 22, 19:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HERETIC!  HERETIC!
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 22, 19:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with Knowledge Sims and non-playables being able to gain skills on outside lots is that their want trees are highly dependent on the last skill they gained.  If you have them working a particular skill, you have to lock it when you're not playing them or you'll lose it as soon as they gain a skillpoint in something else.  They want to know everything, but they're very fickle about it

That said, if you have NL installed, Aspiration points are a sinch to get for anyone who has a romantic relationship with anyone else.  Just invite them over for a date.  You can get any sim locked in a Backrub - Flirt - Makeout - WooHoo cycle really quickly and rake in the Aspiration points in no time. 
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 22, 19:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what you're saying, but *shrug* it's not a big deal for me. To me the skill gain without me having to micro manage them or sit there watching them do it on fast forward outweighs losing a want on the want tree. As I've said and as you also noted, aspiration really isn't a very difficult thing to get in this game. If you lose one want or want tree, you fill another want. No big deal. Not to me. I don't have to anally fill every single want. It's nice sure but if I don't then oh well. There'll be plenty more where that came from.

linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 22, 19:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ahaha you bet! It is very commom to my sims getting locked in a cycle of make out, and woohoo in the car, while on a date.

Hey, A question!!! --> Whitout the comm-skilling hack, sims won't gain skillpoints in community lots, however will they get fitter for working out in a community gym?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 22, 19:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't work for me. Nothing happens. Zip. Nada. No one gains skill anywhere but playables.

Ahh... I see. Hrm...

There's plenty of other wants. Granted they are annoying in that the tend to have obnoxious wants to 'be saved from death' 'see a ghost' 'be abducted' 'be a zombie' 'be a vampire' 'so & so is a zombie' 'defeat the grim reaper' etc. but that's a whole 'nother issue and also why they are a rather irritating aspiration to play.

Actually... this is kind of the reason why I am a control freak about this, especially for Knowledge sims. It's not the aspiration points, those are super easy to get, anyone knows that. Wink I just want a little more control over the wants. I like to go at my own pace, especially because I prefer to play Knowledge sims. I want them to achieve the skills when I'm ready for it, and not clog up all their wants. I guess partially, it is for the aspiration points, because once you're done with all that skill building, you're wants are not clogged up with those 'be abducted' bea zombie' 'be a vampire' etc. wants, which I don't necessarily want to fulfill. If you're lucky, you're Knowledge want will have a significnt other and/or children, and become obssessed with them getting into private school, getting scholarships, or actually have romantic wants revolving their SO. Other wised you're stuck with trying to get them killed by a satellite every other day. lol. Cheesy

Anyways, it's not a super big deal. And I totally understand why people want skilling for all. Everyone has their own way of playing. Y'all should know that I'm s super slow player. I even restarted my whole 'hood after installing NL, and I still haven't graduated anyone from Uni yet, I still haven't gotten through the first generation, I have housesholds that I set up which I haven't even played yet. Tongue And now that OFB is in, I still haven't attached a Shopping District. Roll Eyes

And see, my problem is, now that I've figured out how to mod some stuff, if something doesn't work the way I want it to, I will stop gameplay for a long while until I either find hacks that fix it, or figure out how to hack it myself. Tongue

Ste

Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 22, 19:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what you're saying, but *shrug* it's not a big deal for me. To me the skill gain without me having to micro manage them or sit there watching them do it on fast forward outweighs losing a want on the want tree. As I've said and as you also noted, aspiration really isn't a very difficult thing to get in this game. If you lose one want or want tree, you fill another want. No big deal. Not to me. I don't have to anally fill every single want. It's nice sure but if I don't then oh well. There'll be plenty more where that came from.

Yeah, it doesn't really bother me.  If they're on a new skill want tree when I get back to them, I'll just go with it.  If they're working, you're going to be fighting their natural Aspirational wants anyway.  Besides, once they finish all 7 (and hopefully get their LTW to go with it), you're sorta screwed for big rewards for them unless you have a LOT of ghosts hanging about or you want lots of alien babies...
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 22, 19:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, thank you for letting us know. My townies were specifically made to marry into families at some point; they'd damn well better be able to gain skillpoints while they are living out their lives until then.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: