More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 13, 18:43:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Downtown Restaurants and OFB
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Downtown Restaurants and OFB  (Read 11719 times)
fallenspades
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Downtown Restaurants and OFB
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 26, 14:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the advice but I'm afraid I don't have that hack.

This sucks.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 26, 14:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you absolutely certain? Search all your downloads for a file called ijNoCommunityPlateClearing.package and if that doesn't turn anything up scan all your downloads with Clean Installer and look for an MD5 code of BA1C502159FB46ADC08F70195B1D2FFE

This is the only known hack I'm aware of to cause this behavior and even if you don't recall getting this hack yourself, it could have snuck in with a lot download. If that's the case and you used the Maxis installed, the file name would have gotten scrambled up so you will have to look for the MD5 (sort of a digital fingerprint for a file) in Clean Installer.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 26, 15:35:20 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
fallenspades
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 26, 15:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looked it up clean installer and found the hack. It so just happens that I renamed it. *slaps forhead*

A lesson to learn indeed.

Thanks Motoki Cheesy

sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 29, 02:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=143951

Maybe this will help this problem if anyone wants to try (I have dl'ed but not played with it yet).  Just saw it today at MTS2.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 29, 02:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sintrinity I was just about to post about this.  I requested that mod since Sims were driving me crazy just wanting to eat and nothing else, was hard talking to them on downtown lots.

I also suggest people download eddie expressoriglarge mod which will make the expresso cart 50% less attractive to Sims, another thing they attracted too like bees with honey.  This one works great.  I have not try podium one yet but will install today.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 29, 02:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed the "as requested by MissDoh".  I was too excited to get it in my game when I saw the title.  I am in your debt for asking for this!  Maybe I can actually go downtown and talk to other sims again!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 29, 02:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sintrinity you owe me nothing lol..  Eddie is the one to thank for making it.  I simply requested a fix for something that was driving me mad, I cannot make great things like that.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 30, 07:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm.  I hadn't read this before now.  Is the problem with the new OFB podium?  I've taken sims to quite a few restaurants since OFB that have the NL podium and haven't had problems so was wondering.

I think I did have one sim that ended up having a date ended early because he wasn't paying attention to her needs or some such.  From then on I just make sure my sim heads to the restroom early on in the community lot, and their dates have been following.

I like to stick Merola's mind control mirror on those lots (although I don't have it on all of them) because that way I can check on the date's motive bars to see what's happening.  Okay, I know it's a cheat, but I want my simmies to have a good time!  Grin

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 30, 09:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regina, I started from fresh when I got OFB (meaning I reinstall and did a fresh start) and on downtown lots the Sims will simply rush to the podium and ignore everything else that is fun around them.  They don't even play dartboard or run to the karaoke machine like they use too!  Cry  Since all Sims line-up at the podium you cannot interact with them.

With Eddie'S fix, it is better, but still there is a lot of Sims going to the podium but after they ate once, they will do something else so can actually interact with them and some will completely ignore the podium and will rater play bowling!  Grin

Is fix for the expresso cart that are place on community lots works great too.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: