More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 06, 00:06:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I think I figured out when the bakery / disappearing inventory problem occurs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I think I figured out when the bakery / disappearing inventory problem occurs  (Read 19751 times)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
I think I figured out when the bakery / disappearing inventory problem occurs
« on: 2006 March 22, 11:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... and I posted a long post on the BBS explaining my testing and findings.  Tongue Anyway, the short story is, food inventory seems to disappear when:

1) a Sim goes to restock and there isn't enough to complete the restocking and then
2) the Sim makes more of same food.

The workaround is to always make sure you have enough of each item when restocking. Otherwise, the next time the Sim makes that item, a "phantom restocking" phenonemon occurs, and the number of items that were not stocked will disappear from your Sim's inventory.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: I think I figured out when the bakery / disappearing inventory problem occurs
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 22, 12:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much !!!
For the first time I didn't lose one single cake while playing the Jacquet Family !
 It is a bit tedious to constantly go to the inventory to make sure the requested number of cakes is there, but it is better than the frustration to have some cakes vanished !!
I tryed to understand this problem and I failed. The only thing I did notice is that the problem did not occur on a home lot without a business : I did not make the connection with restocking.
Thank you and I hope Maxis while be able to address this problem in the next patch now you found how it works.
Pioupiou (happily baking with no vanishing  Grin)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: I think I figured out when the bakery / disappearing inventory problem occurs
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 22, 17:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This does seem to make sense from what I have seen of this bug.  What do you mean when you say "manual restocking doesn't count towards a badge"?  Do you mean that if you click individually on an item and ask them to restock it, rather than using the Restock command, it won't count?  I do that a lot, so it might explain why only one of my Sims so far has managed to get a restocking badge!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
Re: I think I figured out when the bakery / disappearing inventory problem occur
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 22, 17:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant if you just remove the out-of-stock markers, and then place new food items there in the food display, that won't count toward restocking, naturally. But clicking on the individual out-of-stock markers will, I think.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: I think I figured out when the bakery / disappearing inventory problem occur
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 22, 19:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another oddity I've encountered is that with some fridges, there is no option to check food supplies.  I think it may apply only to Uni refrigerators  - should have kept notes but didn't.

Maybe if I get all my work done at home after work here at the office, I can check.   Sad

dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 23, 06:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't check food supplies on community lot fridges. I note that it deducts money from you when your sims take things out of it.
crammyboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 30, 15:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fix is available here->http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3812.0
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 30, 20:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dusty I notice the exact same thing.  I think the reason Maxis made it that way is because we cannot have deliveries on owned business community lot which would make restocking the fridge impossible. 

It is frustrating that we cannot have maid or gardener on owned community lots, anybody found a fix for that working with OFB?
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 30, 20:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAY!!!!  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin 

Thanks, CrammyBoy!

VyeOlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 01, 17:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is frustrating that we cannot have maid or gardener on owned community lots, anybody found a fix for that working with OFB?

Christianlove's NPC stove works well for that. Smiley
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=62777&highlight=Christianlove
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: