More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:52:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Better Genetics?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Better Genetics?  (Read 8754 times)
vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Better Genetics?
« on: 2006 March 20, 02:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not seen this before, but that doesn't mean much.  I had a white woman have a baby with her black husband and they had a dark tan child.  Both sims are first generation.  The woman is someone I downloaded from here.  Metalkat I think and the hubby is Stephan the grocery delivery driver.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/vaughje/LittleTodd.png

Anyways, if it's new yay!

The End.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Better Genetics?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 20, 02:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's not new. Whenever a dark sim and a light sim have babies they can be anywhere from light to dark. It's all random. =)

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 20, 02:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well that's good I guess.  Tho with all the babies I've had I've never ever seen it.  Oh well yay!

The End.
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

Troubled Child, Breaking like waves at Malibou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 20, 02:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that only happens when both parents are using the default maxis skins.
If you're using custom skin tones, it will be one or the other of the two skin tones.
I really like that feature in the game, though!
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 20, 05:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the parents are more than one tone apart, I save before labor and then re-do until the baby is born a shade between both parents.  It usually doesn't take too long though.  I remember in Sims 1, when there were only three tones, the child would only be the same tone as one parent or the other, so a third-party program was necessary to make the babies medium-tone.  I know it doesn't always work that way in real life, but seeing a kid be a blend of both parents, like Todd in your picture, is one of the best things about Sims 2.
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 20, 08:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only annoying thing is that the child won't pass on his medium tan skintone to his children - he will pass on either the dark or pale skintones of his parents. I wouldn't mind having the occasional recessive skintone pop up in this way, but for everyone all of the time?  Huh
vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 20, 09:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only annoying thing is that the child won't pass on his medium tan skintone to his children - he will pass on either the dark or pale skintones of his parents. I wouldn't mind having the occasional recessive skintone pop up in this way, but for everyone all of the time?  Huh

Truely?  That does suck.  Yes I like this too, I guess I haven't had this before because I do usually use custom skins.  I was hoping it wasn't a lilly white baby, pretty unrealistic.  Anyways, I LOVE you guys posting self sims because all mine look the same and I wanted to start some legacys. 

The End.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 20, 09:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The guide is wrong about this. The sim will pass on his expressed skintone to his/her own children. So, a medium skintoned child born to pale and dark parents will pass on the medium skintone to his/her children. Apparently it was originally meant to be so that the genes inherited from parents would be passed on regardless of the sim's expressed skintone, but they changed it because it was thought that players would find it odd to have an unexpected skintone pop up in later generations.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 20, 10:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can work with custom skintones by changing genetic values in the custom skintones with SimPE. This thread has many useful details.

vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 20, 10:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

good!

Edit to add:  I'm like some mid-20's retard because all that simpe stuff makes me feel like I've got my thumb in by butt.  I thought I'd try to bin hair, and well I think some of my brain came out when I sneezed.  Lips sealed

The End.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 22, 03:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

good!

Edit to add:  I'm like some mid-20's retard because all that simpe stuff makes me feel like I've got my thumb in by butt.  I thought I'd try to bin hair, and well I think some of my brain came out when I sneezed.  Lips sealed

That probably doesn't leave you with much left Cheesy
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 22, 05:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, funny thing is the very first sim I ever had born in game was exactly like that. The mom was the lightest skin tone CAS sim. The dad was a mailman with the darkest skintone. He was actually one of those odd randomly generated sims via Maxis algorthim that had blond hair and blue eyes and very dark skin heh. Anyway, the daughter came out being the 'tan' skin tone which I believe is the 3rd one. I just assumed this was normal.

Later, she had a sister with the same dad (darkest skin) and different mom (but also lightest skin). This kid had the darkest skintone. Then she married a sim with the lightest skintone and their daughter also had the darkest skintone which I thought was just odd. I mean, this child had 3 of 4 grandparents with the lightest skintone and she still ends up the darkest?

Oh well, that's Maxis genetics for you. :p

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 22, 14:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that only happens when both parents are using the default maxis skins.
If you're using custom skin tones, it will be one or the other of the two skin tones.

But you can fix custom skintones so they aren't custom then your sims could have a chance of getting any number of skintones  Grin
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2966.0

I have 35 skintones that are mixed in with the Maxis defaults (I use replacements of course), so if my "S1" sim has a baby with a "S4" sim, their kid could end up with 1 of 39 different skintones  Cheesy

vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 22, 15:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That probably doesn't leave you with much left Cheesy

It's true!   Wink

I kind of like playing with the maxis skins more then others sometimes because I hate when they already have eyebrows.  Whats up with that?

The End.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 22, 22:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I "genetic-ized" my custom skin tones as well. My only complaint is that the game seems to favor Enayla's eerie skin tone... A LOT. Which is weird having light light pale blue kids born to a bunch of pinkies. =p

Also hair binning is MUCH MUCH easier with datgen. If you can get it to work.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 23, 02:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ended up removing Enayla's skintones and going back to Allan Akbars defaults and his non-defaults plus the tattooed skintones I did off of his.

I really loved Enaylas for my female sims but I felt they made the males look to girly  Roll Eyes  and I like chest hair on males! I tried to adjust to how the males looked with her skintones but it just kept bugging me... 

I also wanted more of a selection of skintones (that all have the same "look") and with Allan Akbars I can have some with/without tan lines, hairy/not hairy males, shaved/not shaved females plus tattoos/no tattoos and the colors are all "normal"
vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 23, 06:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ended up removing Enayla's skintones and going back to Allan Akbars defaults and his non-defaults plus the tattooed skintones I did off of his.

Yeah I tried the Enayla skins but they looked kind of funny in game to me.  I liked the skins from sim scribbling but again the eyebrow thing was weird and then when I lost my downloads his new set was missing from the sims2 site they used to be at.  His site still has the older set but it's not as good.

Where can you get Allen's skins?  I used to have some when i got the original game, but lost them among the purging before EPs.  I googled him and found an old website http://sims2.mine.nu/ but it's not up anymore?  I went to mod the sims2 and he's banned?  eh if anyone knows where they're for upload I'll give you a big sloppy kiss or a pretty bundle of doggie dingleberries.  Whichever you choose.

The End.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 23, 08:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin

you can get Allans default skintones at the InSim forum  http://www.insimenator.net/forums.php

They are in the adult genetics section on page 2 in a thread started by Grykon

heres a direct link to the thread
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=905

you need to be a member and have access to the adult section - I think you have to PM kathy for access (if you don't already have it)

I'd offer to send all his non-defaults but theres 30 of them *laughs*
vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 23, 09:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

woohoo ok i'll have to ask for access.

sooo...  Kiss*big sloppy kiss* Kiss  beleive me you don't want the dingleberries!

The End.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 23, 10:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*laughs*

You ought to give yourself a gender in your profile, unless you truly are genderless *giggles* otherwise you will be getting called the wrong one and saying "I'm a ----- damn it!"
vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 23, 20:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a nude hot lady! Shocked

ok i got that from some show on tv but im a chickadee.  i'll fix it! 

EDIT and I'm not awesome.  w00t. 

The End.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 24, 01:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*laughs*

love that av  Cool
Pages: [1] Print