More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:05:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Some OFB questions re: inventory and general question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Some OFB questions re: inventory and general question  (Read 4214 times)
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Some OFB questions re: inventory and general question
« on: 2006 March 19, 04:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to make a hack or otherwise automate transferring the entire inventory from one sim to another?

(edited: I am an idiot. Checking the logitech forums answered my mouse questions. Please point and laugh at me Smiley)

And damn,I know I had another inventory question, but I can't remember it now.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 19, 05:13:40 by gethane » Logged

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
Re: Some OFB questions re: inventory and general question
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 19, 06:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since there are hacks and regular in game actions that move items in and out of different sim's invs I would assume yes.

However, it is probably fairly complex.

If its something you think you would use quite a bit just download a macro program like ACTools or if you have a gamepad like a nostromo you can use the packaged software to write or record a macro.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 19, 07:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well for craftable items, including food, if you set up a home business, even if you always keep it closed, any items that anyone in the household makes will automatically go into the inventory of the sim who made the call to start the business. It doesn't help for items already in inventory that you need to switch, but it's good to know for future reference.

I have a servo who bakes pies and cakes at home so her owner can take them down to his store and restock. Rather than me transfer them all by hand, I had the owner call and set up a home business, put up a sign, kept it closed and now all the pies and cakes she makes go straight into his inventory.

I agree though that there really need to be a program, hack, or something to mass tranfer items from one sims inventory to another. I also think when a sim dies all their inventory items should transfer to a relative or on the lot. Apparently in TS2 you can take it with you.  Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 19, 07:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims' craftable items (so far I've done robots and flowers) don't automatically go into their inventory.  They're finished and I get a pop-up saying the item can either be put into inventory or into the world for use.  Am I missing something here?

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 19, 07:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to 'make many' for them to go into the inventory. If you 'make' then they don't. It just makes one that stays on the bench and they stop.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 19, 07:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh.

You know, thinking about "transferring the contents of a sim's inventory from one sim to another sim" reminds me of the many times I've typed "get all corpse"....

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 19, 08:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to 'make many' for them to go into the inventory. If you 'make' then they don't. It just makes one that stays on the bench and they stop.

I guess that would make sense then, wouldn't it?  Thanks, Motoki!

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 19, 08:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime I have an elder nearing death I always mean to clean out their inventory but forget and end up having to pause, teleport their asses back over to the lot and make them selectable while still being on pause so I can yank out all the stuff from their inventory one by one.

You wouldn't beleive some of the crap they took to their grave. I had one recently who took a (non activated) servo with him to the afterlife. I guess he wanted some company. :p

I didn't even realize he had it. He must have bought it before I put no playable shoppers in.

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 19, 08:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess our sims are Egyptian royalty. We'd better build them pyramids rather than graveyards, so they have a place to put all their "stuff."

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 19, 09:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL - I can't think of how many times I've done that, too. Get all corpse, sac corpse. Nice to know there are others around here who have mudded.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: