More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:50:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Problem with moveobjects on/off cheat (Sims OFB)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with moveobjects on/off cheat (Sims OFB)  (Read 4774 times)
Diane
Problem with moveobjects on/off cheat (Sims OFB)
« on: 2006 March 23, 14:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh First of all I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place, this is new to me.

Anyway, before I installed The Sims OFB I was able to use the moveobjects on/off cheat to move items to the out of bound areas, such as the garbage can, the mail box or even place street lighting nearer to the roadside etc.,  Since installing OFB the faciility to do this has vanished, you can still move things, but cannot place them in an out of bounds area which is a pain, other people have come across the same problem, but no answers really as to why this is now happening.

Do you think anyone there might have a solution to this problem.

Thanks and regards
Diane
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Problem with moveobjects on/off cheat (Sims OFB)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 23, 15:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

youre thinkiing of another cheat because move objects cant do that.  IM not sure but that sounds like a boolprop type cheat .

anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 23, 16:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, moveobjects cheat did used to work to do this. the lot boundary goes across the street so thats why objects could be placed there. so its not really out of bounds.
anything really out of bounds would have to be placed in neighbourhood view i would have thought
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 23, 16:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm kewian, actually you could do it with moveobjects on/off-and yes Diane it is screwed since OFB.
If I have to move the mailbox or trash for any reason I place them on the opposite side of the sidewalk-nearer the lot than the road. It sucks, but I don't think there has been a workaround for this yet. I was kinda hoping the patch would fix it.
Oh-and you probably should have posted this in the Podium, but no worries-Pes doesn't bite Grin

HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 23, 16:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

youre thinkiing of another cheat because move objects cant do that.  IM not sure but that sounds like a boolprop type cheat .
No, not another cheat. Moveobjects used to allow moving of the mailbox and trash can, and placement of other items in that row of grass between the sidewalk and the street. OFB has disabled this. I read in the last chat transcript that Maxis was not aware of this and it wasn't intentional, but they are apparently looking into it.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 23, 16:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try boolprop locktiles false, but I'm not sure if it'll work either.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 23, 16:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't work, Venusy.  Sad
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 23, 16:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it was weird.  Apparently, they were dumbfounded that this could have happened.   Roll Eyes  Some of us discussed this in another thread, I can't remember what it was right now, but we were discussing paying bills.  Some of us had been using moveobjects to place a small table right under the mailbox to create a shelf, and someone mentioned windkeeper's mailbox covers at TSR, which also required the use of moveobjects but was much more attractive. However, since OFB, neither of these methods are possible.   Angry

I tried using the old Pay-at-box hack, which JM said didn't work in NL, but someone said it was working fine for them.  It does appear to work, until someone receives a love letter or coupon.  The sim will to to the box as normal, but they cannot pay the bills.  They hold their hand as if it's holding the bills, but there is nothing there.  Then they just return to a standing position.  The option to Pay Bills does not go away.  The only way to get whatever is in the mailbox is to quit the game and remove this hack.  So it is indeed broken as JM said. 

So I guess the only solution is to place a table somewhere close to the mailbox as before, although it doesn't look as nice nor is it as convenient as the method using moveobjects.  Sad  I also hoped this would be fixed in the patch, but I guess they haven't figured out the problem yet.   Huh
greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 23, 17:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this problem too since installing OFB, so I moved the mailbox a little closer to the house, and used move_objects on to place Windkeeper's mailbox cover onto it, and my Pay Bills At Box works with no problems.

--green

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 23, 17:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. that's what I did too - move the mailbox to the other side of the sidewalk.  I haven't had a problem but I'm waiting for the BFBVFS any day now lol.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 23, 17:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also move the mailbox on the oppsite side of the sidewaalk and use windkeepers mailbox cover and have had no problems. The mailman still delivers the mail and such.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 23, 17:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool, this is good to know...for when I get time to gather all the OFB-compatible hacks together and install OFB myself. Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: