More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:38:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB bars bug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB bars bug  (Read 4353 times)
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
OFB bars bug
« on: 2006 March 22, 19:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to post here the bugs i've found related to the bars. maybe someone will find it important enough to make a hack to fix this. i think this is very annoying.

1 - there is a bar that came with Nightlife that matches with a counter, so you can make a big bar. It is the one that its original color is dark wood with a white surface. There are other colors available for them. however the bar doesn't have the surface recolors, so you can only match its original color. I *think* that the surfaces recolors are there, however it is just not available on the game for some reason (bug), as we have seen happening with other objetcs...

2 - The original bars don't work in community lots or Business lots like the bars that came with nightlife. I mean, if you put one original bar in a comm lot a barista will not show up, and in a business lot, you won't have the option to tend the bar.

3 - This is just a stupid bug!!! While sims are in their homes without running a business, you can "Make drinks" on the bars. If you start a home business, the option to make drinks are REPLACED with "Order..." and "Tend bar". A sim can no longer make drinks and leave them on top of the bar.

4 - This one is a bug that works as a cheat. In your home business, if you tell a EMPLOYEE to "tend bar" he will make money (like 15 simoleons) every 25 sim minutes or so, even if there is no one ordering drinks! and this money will go to your household, not to the employee. If you tell a sim of the household to tend the bar, this will not happen. only an employee can pull out simoleons from the thin air each 25 sim minutes!
« Last Edit: 2006 March 22, 20:01:11 by linolino » Logged
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
Re: OFB bars bug
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 22, 20:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2 - The original bars don't work in community lots or Business lots like the bars that came with nightlife. I mean, if you put one original bar in a comm lot a barista will not show up, and in a business lot, you won't have the option to tend the bar.

This isn't a bug.  The objects are different.  The Community Lot bartender is coded to find these objects and tend bar from them.  They didn't just re-wire the old ones because they purposely built the new ones to make more realistic looking bars with counters.  It's probably possible to hack them, but it's not really needed.  I prefer the new bars, anyway.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 22, 20:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, I thought so, i didn't really think this was a bug. however, it is something to think about. but it is not something necessary.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 22, 20:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original bars don't work in community lots
I had that problem too ... but if I ordered my visiting sim to tend the bar a bartender showed up ... you have to kickstart that stupid thing   Roll Eyes If itīs the same bar that we are talking about

The surfaces is there, and I just konw that I have seen them somewhere, but I canīt remember where ... maybe MTS2

Rose

edit ... no .. itīs Pixel Sims http://www.pixelsims.com/  furniture->Miscellaneous->page 3
« Last Edit: 2006 March 22, 20:41:14 by Mizz Rose Bud » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 22, 22:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, you need CEP 3 or higher for those Pixel Sims recolors to work. And the silver counter top for the bar doesn't match the one on the counter but that's Maxis' fault because Pixel Sims just extracted them from the game files.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 22, 22:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, you need CEP 3 or higher for those Pixel Sims recolors to work. And the silver counter top for the bar doesn't match the one on the counter but that's Maxis' fault because Pixel Sims just extracted them from the game files.

I didn't notice they don't match, I will have to take a look, it may be the Material Definition that doesn't match.

Edited to add: Yes, I think it's the Material Definition and not the textures that doesn't match, and it's my fault, not Maxis'. I forgot the different textures might have different TXMTs.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 22, 23:05:30 by IgnorantBliss » Logged

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 22, 23:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, do you run Pixel Sims? I love your site. Very nice downloads. Smiley
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 23, 06:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, it's my little site  Cheesy.

I will fix the bar recolor later on if someone is interested in getting a metal top that actually matches.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 23, 07:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, Bliss, I love ur site! You ought to put the link in ur signature. We are missing lots by not visiting it or even knowing about it !  Smiley

Go Away
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 23, 14:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, it's my little site  Cheesy.

I will fix the bar recolor later on if someone is interested in getting a metal top that actually matches.

Hello Bliss, maybe you also wanna know that you don't have all top recolors on your site. i just downloaded the top recorlors from your site and it is missing the white top with, what it looks like, thousands of black semi-circles. (it is the inverse of the black top with lots of white semi-circles).
Smiley
great site by the way
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 23, 14:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Bliss, maybe you also wanna know that you don't have all top recolors on your site. i just downloaded the top recorlors from your site and it is missing the white top with, what it looks like, thousands of black semi-circles. (it is the inverse of the black top with lots of white semi-circles).
Smiley
great site by the way

That texture is not included when I pull all the textures for the bar, though. It can only be found in the counter's textures. The counter textures are different, so simply pulling a Maxis texture as it is is not going to work for this one. I can try if I could modify the texture to fit on the bar.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: