More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 03:49:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Harderjobs hack and others
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Harderjobs hack and others  (Read 9668 times)
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
Harderjobs hack and others
« on: 2006 March 17, 12:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There 2 hacks that i like a lot that i wanted to know if they are compatible with OFB. i dont think they are J.M's hacks

One of them is the gardeningisfun hack wich makes gardening an activity that increases a litttle the fun bar.
The othe one is that hack that will reschedule the final exams to 8 AM if they would happen after 9 PM and before 8 AM. And if this hack is compatible with OFB will it conflict with JM's finalfix hack?

Also does anyone knows exactly what does the harderjobs hack do? i know it makes regular jobs harder, but how?
i have seen some people saying the following, please tell me if this is right:

1 - Graduated sims no longer start regular jobs at higher levels.
2 - Promotions on regular jobs are harder for non-graduated sims and easier for graduated sims.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Harderjobs hack and others
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 17, 13:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1 - Graduated sims no longer start regular jobs at higher levels.
2 - Promotions on regular jobs are harder for non-graduated sims and easier for graduated sims.
How it works is that firstly, graduates are no longer guaranteed to start at level 9. Instead they will receive a bonus of up to (randomly) the +3, but instead of it being applied to a base start level of 6, the base start level reverts back to 1.

Secondly, there is a quota on how many upper-level career track positions there are. Some of these quotas are "soft", in the sense that no regular promotions will be given to them if they are full, others are "hard", in the sense that THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE, and if the position is ever overfilled, someone will be demoted (Mayor, Police Chief, Senator, etc). This basically means that regardless of your skills, you may not be able to advance until someone else leaves.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 17, 13:11:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There 2 hacks that i like a lot that i wanted to know if they are compatible with OFB. i dont think they are J.M's hacks

One of them is the gardeningisfun hack wich makes gardening an activity that increases a litttle the fun bar.
The othe one is that hack that will reschedule the final exams to 8 AM if they would happen after 9 PM and before 8 AM. And if this hack is compatible with OFB will it conflict with JM's finalfix hack?

I don't know about the gardeningisfun hack, I think I've seen it somewhere but I didn't pay much attention. The one that reschedules the fimal exams is by TwoJeffs, it's his College Adjuster Plus. It's OFB compatible, it does not clash with JM's finalfix (I have both), and you can find it here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1236.0

Edit: I found the gardeingisfun hack over at MTS2, but it seems to have been abandoned. Anyway, try it out and see. Here's the link: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=36532&highlight=Gardening+is+fun
« Last Edit: 2006 March 17, 13:19:48 by DrBeast » Logged

Let the Beast inside you free!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 17, 13:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gardening is fun is from MTS2. I know it had some issue prior to University coming out but I think she fixed it. I haven't used it in a long time though. Here it is: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=36532

re: the jobs and graduated starting at higher levels

I always thought it was dumb that Maxis went to the trouble of making new uniforms like the fry guy one for some of the lower levels of the uni careers, but no graduate will ever see it since they never start that low.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 17, 14:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you guys for the info on those 2 harcks..!

aboute the harder jobs..
So, aside the quota for some of the jobs rendering it impossible to get a promotion in certain situations, is there no such thing as promotions beeing harder to get for sims that are not graduated?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 17, 14:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you define "harder"? Obviously, you have to get MORE of them, which is certainly harder.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 17, 14:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean harder for non-graduated sims.
for example, not beeing able to get 2 promotions in a row (like 2 promotions in 2 days),
going to work with all requirements met for a promotion (friends, skills, good mood) will not guarantee a promotion.

while for graduated sims these would be more likely to happen
------

i thought these were happening, because i a non-graduated sim to work with these requirements met, and he still didn't got a promotion until the 3rd day
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 17, 15:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i thought these were happening, because i a non-graduated sim to work with these requirements met, and he still didn't got a promotion until the 3rd day
Either there wasn't an opening to be promoted into, or you didn't have an adequate mood rating. In order to be promoted, mood has to be somewhere above 100, which is impossible without the aid of either platinum mood, or the noodlesoother. If you don't have one of the above, don't bother.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 17, 15:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experience, university graduates will still have a difficult time getting promoted. They start off at a lower level than they do without the hack and it takes longer for them to get promoted, and unless I have something wrong, if they have low interest in interest areas related to their career they will be even slower to get promoted. For example, I had a sim in the culinary career who had a 4.0 drama degree - but zero interest in food. Not only did she only start out as a fast food manager, she worked for over one sim week going to work either all greened or in platinum mood and only got promoted once (it occurs to me to mention that yes, her performance meter was maxed for much of this time). When she got demoted due to a bad choice on a chance card I made her quit (of course the stupid thing kept rolling up a want to get a new culinary job).
« Last Edit: 2006 March 17, 16:43:56 by Renatus » Logged

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 17, 15:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gardening has always puzzled me.  There seems no point in the Sims themselves doing it because they gain NOTHING from it, they only lose.  How come there is no gardening skill, or at least some body skill obtainable from it?  Gardening is excellent for building muscle and that sort of thing, so surely it should provide something?  I only use gardeners because of this, otherwise I'd get my Sims to do it.  I took the gardeningisfun out because it caused problems with some expansion, can't remember which. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 17, 15:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if a graduated sim pick a job on the newspaper, he or she will start at level 1 + a bonus of up to 3 levels
What about graduated sims picking a job on the computer?? will they start a job in a higher position AND get the +3 bonus ?

Gardening has always puzzled me.  There seems no point in the Sims themselves doing it because they gain NOTHING from it, they only lose.

yep! exactly. gardening is so stupid in the game because it gives nothing! i think the gardening beeing fun great! it is a great activity for my natural elder sims that enjoy their plants...

Can anyone update it so it will be compatible with OFB?
VyeOlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 19, 16:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gardeningisfun works fine for me with OFB.  Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 19, 17:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yep! exactly. gardening is so stupid in the game because it gives nothing! i think the gardening beeing fun great! it is a great activity for my natural elder sims that enjoy their plants...
Well, I would say gardening wouldn't necessarily be fun for EVERYONE. I mean, me, I loathe gardening. That's why I use napalm for all my yard-care needs. That's much more fun. And saves on yard-care. Other people get a kick out of it, but I see it as a repetitive effort that calls for a more permanent solution.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 19, 19:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, J.M., that certainly makes sense...and explains many of the issues the farmers in our neck of the woods have been complaining about. Are you certain that you aren't "helping" any of your neighbors with your "gardening"? Wink

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 19, 20:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm.  Maybe I will put this hack back in place then.  I wasn't too keen on the idea before, but my custom neighborhood isn't going to be running an infinite number of Mayors anyway.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 29, 13:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How it works is that firstly, graduates are no longer guaranteed to start at level 9. Instead they will receive a bonus of up to (randomly) the +3, but instead of it being applied to a base start level of 6, the base start level reverts back to 1.

Secondly, there is a quota on how many upper-level career track positions there are. Some of these quotas are "soft", in the sense that no regular promotions will be given to them if they are full, others are "hard", in the sense that THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE, and if the position is ever overfilled, someone will be demoted (Mayor, Police Chief, Senator, etc). This basically means that regardless of your skills, you may not be able to advance until someone else leaves.

soo, any chance of being told precisely which jobs have a hard quota, and which ones have a soft? Ive searched high and low, and cant seem to find any RTFM on this hack.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 30, 09:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fat Head is supposed to be writing it for me. Ask Fat Head.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: