More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:00:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Testers wanted: Load package in sim surgery.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers wanted: Load package in sim surgery.  (Read 110426 times)
Sunbee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Testers wanted: Load package in sim surgery.
« Reply #50 on: 2010 December 14, 04:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying this out, the most recent version with 73_44-QA and it worked fine for the first three sims, but the fourth . . . okay, you know how some sims don't have pictures in SimPE?  Usually in Sim Surgery their name is there without a picture.  In your plugin, they don't show up at all.  I'm probably not making much sense, but here's what I'm trying to do: I downloaded a replacement face for Jessica Picaso.  I want to fix her face, so she passes on the correct dna to her kids instead of the broken template she's made from.  When I go to sim browser, she shows up, but with the potato-head picture instead of her own.  When I go to normal sim surgery, her name is there without a picture above it.  When I go to your plug-in, she's not listed, along with a number of others who are also missing their photos.
I know the photo is not strictly necessary for the export function to work on normal sim surgery, because I've used it for that purpose with sims without pictures before.
I do appreciate your work on this, and it's making my fussing around with my game much easier and tidier.
I know I'm necromancing, but I think you're still around and looking at feedback, at least you were a month-and-a-half-ago, and while mine may or may not be useful, there's always a chance it might be.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 December 22, 09:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've removed the sim picture restriction; test it on your system and see if it works.

ETA: Updated OP.
« Last Edit: 2011 January 03, 16:32:01 by Theo » Logged
Sunbee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2011 January 01, 00:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have a picture-less sim in need of surgery at the moment, but I can see all of them just fine now.  The surgery tool itself seems to work (I'll be sure in fifteen minutes after I fire up my game and I'll let you know if it didn't).
Lulu
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2011 March 18, 03:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't necromancy since an update was posted March 1, 2011.

Theo - I'm trying this update out with the latest SimPe (SimPe_0_73_44-QA). It lets me perform surgery with an archetype from a neighborhood other than the patient's, but, although it loads a file from SavedSims (I can see the name), it doesn't seem to do any surgery with it. I know the file is the right one because I emptied out the SavedSims folder ahead of time to make sure. I feel like I'm missing something about... I don't know, the format of files in SavedSims... or... I don't know. What am I missing?

Also, please clarify: clearly you need to click"use" on the patient side, but, it's not so clear that you hit "use" on the archetype side after you see the filename. Should you? Click use on the Archetype, even though you get the icon of the patient there when you do? Or, do you just load the file name and hit "surgery"?

Either way, thanks, if I can use sims from another neighborhood that will work to keep out the simglut. I'll have to make a special SimHell neighborhood for the poor little clones, but... well... so be it. Tongue
Nalia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2011 March 18, 23:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not Teo, but I tried it and works just fine. The changes do not appear while working with SimPE, you will notice no difference. You have to start your game and visit the "patient" Sim to see the surgery was successful.
Lulu
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2011 March 19, 19:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it now. I'm sure I was just missing a step somewhere. It works perfectly. I don't know why there's not more talk about this on other forums. All that complaining about the superfluous sims, everyone should try this. Thanks, Theo.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: