More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:34:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Testers wanted: Load package in sim surgery.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers wanted: Load package in sim surgery.  (Read 110405 times)
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Testers wanted: Load package in sim surgery.
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 28, 21:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to defuglify some of the Riverblossom Hills townies.  How do I use this tool w/ the Pets version of SimPE?  Riverblossom Hills doesn't show up as a neighborhood.
valentinegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 29, 23:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am amazed to find this thread! I was just trying to puzzle out in my own mind how to change the appearance of a sim who lives in a different neighbourhood to the archetype sim without creating a new family in CAS.

This might be the answer I was looking for. I will try it and let you know!
cascaneda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 April 07, 02:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Elvie : don't try with the neighborhood browser but with the menu item open mydocume'nts/eagames/etc...G001. It should work. Well, it worked here

Hi, Theo : I use all of your plug-ins akmost everyday. I think I have tested them in every situation as I reskin all townies and NPC everytime I create a new NB and use the excellent clothing tool to give them my own clothes.
I didn't find anything wrong with alt-simsurgery yet, at least nothing wronger than the standard simsurgery : Sometimes the resulting character file is corrupted and sometimes I get the infamous Alpha shadow character ( all black then becomes invisible after a while). Nothing irreversible, though and These problems were already present with the original simsurgery.

My problem here is with the new flavor of sim deleter tool. Could you add a "hardcore"version with the DNA deletion back ? I wouldn't make a long message but I think it is very useful when creating an "archetype pool neighborhood". I end with 387 characters and 2384 DNA. Of course, I can delete all DNA manually but if it is simpler to put back the option... because some character files are more" than 2MB large. Thanks in advance

By the way, I think the exported character and then the patient sim is not really homozygous. I used some in-game born sims as archetypes, with custom blue eyes among both parents and alien green skin and SOME of their children have the original alien eyes from their grand-parents ( When creating a child from 2 sims in CAS, not tested in game, but I suppose it is the same). Same thing with the custom grey skin. It reappears even when both exported parent have another default skin. Deleting the DNA could be usefuln even if just for a smaller character filesize
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 April 10, 16:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an interesting (I think anyway) observation to make regarding genetics of a sims that has been altered using this technique.

It seems that the DNA is modified by the surgery, but not the recessive traits.  For example I used a BS created red hair/green eyed sim with pale (S1) skin and altered with with a BS created dark haired/green eyed tanned (s3) sim.  When I examined his DNA i discovered that while he expressed the DNA for dark hair, s3, his recessive traits were still for the old character.

So his children also had recessives genes for red hair and light skin.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing and I am not going to modify the DNA. But it's good to know.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 April 10, 17:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked at the code - which I had to download again after being unable to find it on my computer (thanks MATY! Cheesy) - and the recessive genes are being set only when you choose the full sim cloning. If you check the "Skintone only" box, it will only set the dominant genes, leaving the recessive genes of the patient. Is this consistent with your observations?

And for the deleter tool, that change is simple enough to be available in a few hours. I'll just add a dialog box asking if you want to delete the DNA too  Cool
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 April 10, 18:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

huh.  I'm an idiot.  I just realized that I'm using your alpha version (2006.10.01).  You know.  The "highly experimental" one I wasn't supposed to use on my sims.

I switched to that version, because I thought it would show me the thumbnail of the archetype sim.  It didn't, although I know why now.  I never switched it back.

cascaneda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 April 27, 17:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, I'd like to say how much I appreciate all your plug-ins. It would be very unpleasant to play without them.
But to the point : I have some concerns with the new version, with the 2 windows. I can't get it to work in SimPE 0.61n :
The window opens, I can select the patient and the archetype then a potato head appears as the archetype and when I click the "surgery" button something seems loading but there is no change made on the patient sim. I tried to check and uncheck all option boxes, try different ways but with no result.
Sometimes I get an error message, with the archetype package not recognized as a character, but I'm certain the character file is good.
With the previous version ( the one looking like the original simsurgery) in SimPE 0.60b all works well, with the same patient and archetype.

I thought I missed something, as I'm confused with the new display, used I am to the looking of original simsurgery, or is it simply not for SimPE 0.61 but only for 0.60 ?

By the way : I saw you kept the eyes only option. Does it work  now ? There were issues with simsurgery when trying to change a sim eye color that way. Did you achieve to fix it in this version ?
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 May 01, 05:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to second how wonderful this mod is.

However I am getting the same experience as cascaneda, I have exported Angela and Lilith Pleasant, after making new modified clones in Bodyshop I have tried to sim surgery them.

When I first click load the saved sims folder comes up. I select the newly created sim. When it returns to the simsurgery screen it has the file name correct, but once I click on use, it goes to the thumbnail and name of the patient sim.

I'm running all expansions and all stuff packs inc Celebrations. I'm running SimPe 0.60.2.20832
I haven't had any error messages.

-Skadi

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 May 02, 23:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the previous version ( the one looking like the original simsurgery) in SimPE 0.60b all works well, with the same patient and archetype.

Well, the experimental version never worked in an acceptable manner, so it's basically a project left in the drawer  Embarrassed

When I first click load the saved sims folder comes up. I select the newly created sim. When it returns to the simsurgery screen it has the file name correct, but once I click on use, it goes to the thumbnail and name of the patient sim.

The "use" and "load" actions should be mutually exclusive, so you must choose only one of them.
Sorry for the bad button link placement Wink
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 03, 19:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure which version I'm using, but it worked great to export a Sim so I could package him with BodyShop!  Thanks!
Rich
Blathering Buffoon

Isn't Very Personal Is It...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 September 27, 13:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amazing Plugin!

I have a few questions...

1. Does it work on pets?
2. Do both sims have to be the same age group and same sex?* I ask for DNA purpose Smiley *

Thanks
Rich
Cheesy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my content at MTS2:
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/Macey246

Rich Cheesy
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 September 27, 13:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets - no, not that I know of. Never tried it - I did try it on a dead Sim once to fix another problem I caused.

Same sex - no problem, any old gender is OK, different ages too, but you might want to go into the Sims file after you've applied the template of another gender/age over the top of them so that everything matches again. Or you'll have Sims that look one way but are really another.

<editted to include missing word - I make even less sence than normal if I don't put all the right words into my sentances>
« Last Edit: 2007 September 27, 14:54:54 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Rich
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2007 September 27, 13:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for replying!

Does it work on plantsims?.... I would like to give them real hair not the leafy stuff  Huh

Thanks
Rich

Rich Cheesy
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 September 27, 14:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should work - but if you can't change their hair in the mirror (I don't play with the 'supernatural' Sims normally) how are you going to build a Sim with the correct skin and alterred hair in BodyShop or CAS? And wasn't there a fix somewhere else for Plant Sim hair.

In any case, back up your Neighbourhood and try. If they end up looking silly or other problems occur just put the backup back in.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Rich
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 September 27, 20:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been looking for a plantsim hair fix since I saw Rose in Riverblossom....

haven't found one yet thou...

Rich

Rich Cheesy
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 November 08, 16:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Theo still around??

I was wondering if this plug-in would be updated for the new SimPe (which hasn't been release yet, in case you're wondering).  I tested the plug in with it, and it the surgery part appeared to work.  However the export sim function gave a call to obsolete function error.

MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 April 18, 20:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ye ye here is me !
 the necromancer !  Tongue

the bast@!#os Rick Halle didn't reply to my eamails and i didn't wont to pay ts2enh. again !  Angry
 so i hope that someone here poke Theo and revivie him  Undecided
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 April 21, 16:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oi, I've updated the code in January, but I didn't bump the thread Tongue

You'll find it on the first post.

This is still the original sims surgery made by Quaxi, with a few modifications. The other one at my site was a futile attempt to get it more user-friendly, but I never made any progress since the Pets expansion. It's still there in case anyone wants to develop it.

cheers

MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 April 21, 22:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yee necromancing rulez !  Grin
thnx alot Theo  Wink
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 September 07, 14:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I am being a NECROMANCY, by can you tell me if there is an updated version of this plugin.  Thank you.
valentinegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 September 29, 01:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have used and loved this plugin right through to Mansions and Gardens and even though it hasn't been updated in a long time it still appeared to work.

Now I can't seem to get it working with the latest SimPe. I hope there are still some Sims 2 fans out there that can help me get it working again. I admit I am a bit puzzled about how to install it. I tried throwing all the files into the Plugins folder but this didn't seem to work.

I know many have moved onto Sims 3 now, but I am sure there are other Sims 2 fans out there, like me who have no interest in Sims 3 and are mainly interested in playing, and perfecting their Sims 2 games. Please help if you can!!
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 October 07, 11:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*tumbleweed*

How exactly is it not working? Is the 'Alt. Sims Surgery' item not in the Neighborhood menu, does it fail to start when clicked, or is it failing to do its purpose?

I could at least make it show up in the menu by installing SimPe, doing the manual update for M&G, and finally copying the plugin dll into the Plugins folder.

valentinegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 October 21, 02:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Theo,

The problem I am having is that the option for Alt. Sims Surgery does not show up at all as an option in the Neighbourhood menu. That's why I was wondering if I had installed it correctly. I would be so grateful if you can look into this for me!

Thank you!!
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 October 21, 14:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try using the attached file and see if it fixes anything.

Edit: Obsoleted test version; new version at http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,3563.msg562404.html#msg562404
« Last Edit: 2010 December 22, 09:50:50 by Theo » Logged
valentinegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 October 28, 21:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Theo,

I've had a chance to try the new version now. The good news is the option for "Alt Sims Surgery" now shows up when loading Sim Pe, so that is great - thanks! The bad news is for some reason not every neighbourhood NPC is loaded as a candidate for Sims Surgery. The regular Sims Surgery loads every NPC, but your version doesn't for some reason.

For example, I wanted to make over a waitress but she does not appear in the list. The only NPC's that appear in my list are:

The reporter
The break dancer
One waiter
The delivery guy
The human statue
The firefighter
The gypsy

There are three others but I am unsure of their roles. I will try to note what they do next time. Maybe they are just random townies - though I don't think so as this is a clean neighbourhood and I have the no townie hack regen. by Pescado.

So your plug-in is partially working which is a lot better than not at all, but not every neighbourhood sim is listed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: