More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 02:09:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Complaining on a date?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Complaining on a date?  (Read 3484 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Complaining on a date?
« on: 2006 March 13, 19:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one of my sims, who has a home business, go on a date with one of her loyal customers. The date was in her house but the business was closed. A little into the date, she put out a bag of chips on the counter and he started to "complain" to her. Huh
She proceeded to talk to him and reassure him, they both gained relationship points.
Anyway, is this some sort of bug? Why is the "complain" interaction coming up when the business wasn't even open?

(this is pretty realistic to do on a date, though...maybe he wanted a home cooked meal?  Smiley)
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: Complaining on a date?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 13, 22:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen last night. I have a sim who owns an at home floral shop. The business was closed and her main squeeze came over after she invited him. They chatted, kissed, etc., and then all of a sudden I noticed little negative signs flying; when I moused over it said "be complained at". However my sim didn't reassure or soothe him, she walked away but then they started chatting again with no direction from me, so I guess they got over it. I too, thought this was very bizarre.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 13, 23:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I closed Jodie & Jason Larson's home florist shop for a sim day so Jodie could marry downtownie Craig Custer. A few of their guests were some of their loyal customers. I was less than pleased when most of the guests left after Jodie & Craig took off in the limo but Checo Ramirez stuck around. He complained to Jason about something, Jason "reassured" him and they gained relationship points. I then had Jason tell Checo goodbye. But if sims who have home businesses get complained at by their visitors when they take a day off I'm going to get quickly annoyed with this ep.
Lelani
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 14, 03:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen while playing Florence Delarosa. On weekends the shop is closed, but passer-by sims will wander into her yard to complain. I now lock the front gate as well. It's really annoying.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 14, 04:54:56 by Lelani » Logged
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 14, 03:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like its something maxis overlooked. I have a romance sim florist, who has his house upstairs and the shop downstairs. Bieng the lazy simmer I am, when I invite one of his friends over to complete his ltw, I just drag the bed downstairs. Almost every single time, much to my amusement, the visitor complains about the bed bieng mussed up (Hey guy, don't complain at me, you're the one who unmade it!)

Gosh.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 14, 04:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a "Don't complain at me!" mod would be a nice addition.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 14, 05:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a way this is realistic. It's like being a doctor at a party..."say, man, could you look at this mole for me?" That doesn't mean it's NOT ANNOYING in OFB, though.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 14, 05:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it there's a Reassure option?  I've never noticed it!  The complain interaction is weird all round.  I've had customers complain for no apparent reason even when they're best friends with the owner, then straight afterwards they've invited them to play a game or hang-out.  Makes no sense!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 14, 06:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen last night. I have a sim who owns an at home floral shop. The business was closed and her main squeeze came over after she invited him. They chatted, kissed, etc., and then all of a sudden I noticed little negative signs flying; when I moused over it said "be complained at". However my sim didn't reassure or soothe him, she walked away but then they started chatting again with no direction from me, so I guess they got over it. I too, thought this was very bizarre.
this has been really annoying me too. i had MAIDS complaining at my sims during off hours for cryin' out loud. i downloaded the "no complaining" file from squinge at mod the sims, n now they be quiet-yayyyyy!  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=138958

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: