More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:19:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Keeping employees happy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Keeping employees happy  (Read 9916 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Keeping employees happy
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 14, 21:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Platinum townies? As far as I can tell, they don't gain aspiration and are perma-green. I could be wrong.
Hmm. I used to see platinum townies, but now that you mention it, I haven't seen them since at least Uni, mostly because I've taken to shunning them and not paying much attention to them. Perhaps something was added to permanently suppress them. In that case, avoid townies, they're lousy workers.

Does anyone know if you make them selectable and then make them platinum, if they will hang on to that status? It seems like they don't because they get pissed off and go home if they're hungry or bored. Thanks.

It has very little to do with their state of aspiration, it has to do with their needs. If they get hungry or tired, they will leave. They don't want to starve, die or pee themselves on your lot. They also don't want to be bored to death.

It's important for you to help your visitors maintain their needs by being a good host. A platinum aspiration will not help you.
Platinum aspiration will get rid of the temperamental moodiness that causes sims to reject actions for no apparently visible cause, but they'll still eventually leave if a motive gets low.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 14, 21:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, townies still have LTWs right? I wonder if it's possible to say have 20 of my sims be best friends with a popularity townie sim or something like that. Probably not worth the effort though.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 14, 21:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although townies never actually become platinum, they still amass the points. I'm wondering if there is a hack to give them the platinum state if they have earned it. I lock the 'get married to whoever' want, and when I get them married to my sim, the want is fulfilled, they get the points, but the meter stays green. Most annoying. Angry

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 14, 21:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kind of like how some have their fit meter all the way up but are still average.  Roll Eyes

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 14, 21:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amusing work of LTWs: If you have the 5x influence perk, satisfying a want that grants more than about 6500 influence will cause you to instead lose influence.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SimSherry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 15, 04:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Townie Andrea Hogan is a manager at one of my Sims shops.  She was hired as a stocker at the wifes shop, then later came to the husbands shop as a visitor (and got a makeover from her employer hehe) and while she was there her asp score changed.  I didn't notice this until I went back to the store she works at and called her in to promote her to manager.  She had plat status when she became selectable as manager.

As far as making townies platinum, it seems to me that if you spawn the Sim Modder with the boolprop testing code that there is an "Aspiration > Level All Sims" option.  I don't know that they would stay this way, though.  Seems like their aspirations really do go up and down like playable Sims, just less often since they don't get the interactions that playables do.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: