More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:23:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Caryl Gray & Cheryl Miller - Mystery Solved?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Caryl Gray & Cheryl Miller - Mystery Solved?  (Read 5032 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Caryl Gray & Cheryl Miller - Mystery Solved?
« on: 2006 February 15, 14:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, those two elderly Downtown women who are dead but not dead (i.e., they have "I am Dead" tokens, but are not marked as ghosts).  There seemed no purpose to them whatsoever - they can't haunt anybody because they're not dead, but they don't appear downtown because they're in the Default house.  Presumably they could still turn-up as dates from the Matchmaker, but otherwise they seemed to serve no purpose whatsoever and I was totally flummoxed as to what their purpose was.

Messing about in SimPE, I noticed that Cheryl Miller looked exactly the same as the downtownie elder following her in the list.  They definitely ARE the exact same Sim, only the clothes are different.  Cheryl is character 139 in my game and the active one is 140.  Similarly, Caryl Gray (character 115) looks to me as if she is an elder version of the downtownie teen preceeding her in the game (character 114).

I think this is another Maxis cock-up.  Looks as if they've created these characters twice for some unknown reason, rather like the Skip/Darleen/Michael situation with the extra thumbnails.  Quite why, is anyone's guess.  Personally, I'd suggest either making these women playable (you could have identical twins in the case of the two that are the same, should you for any weird reason want identical twin elders) or deleting their files altogether.  Personally, I will be doing the latter, because I can't see that they serve any purpose whatsoever other than to add two totally unnecessary character files to the neighbourhood.  I certainly don't think there's any 'mystery' about them, as some people have suggested (mainly on the BBS, needless to say).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Caryl Gray & Cheryl Miller - Mystery Solved?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 15, 15:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Ancient - I never even noticed them, but I'll definitely keep my eyes open in future!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 16, 06:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know I won't be missing anything then, I deleted both Cheesy.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 16, 21:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just made me mad bc I have like 8 Caryl's in my game...I will be deleting them

ISFJ
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 17, 00:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How on earth did you get 8?

Zephyr Zodiac
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 17, 03:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4 elders, 2 adults, and two teens...The 3 elders are downtownies one is a repairwoman, one adult is a maid the other is a downtownie and the teens are downtownies.  And Im just sick of seeing that name...And thats just one neighborhood...And I guess the name picker or whatever you want to call it likes that name...Couldnt it at least randomize the  name though...maybe I wont delete them all though just the ones that are useless...Ill rename the others
« Last Edit: 2006 February 17, 03:09:41 by StarrKist » Logged

ISFJ
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 17, 03:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They've actually made clones of sims for the Dormies, I've seen 3 sims that are exactly the same face and clothing.  This is different though.  Maxis puts all sorts of artefacts in their games and game files such as the Family want and the Bella in the fireplace.  I nuked my neighborhood and installed notownieregen so I probably won't encounter these two sims, but it's nothing beyond Maxis just shoving some data in there.  However, you might be able to find some way to bring those townies back if you wanted them as twins or something.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 17, 05:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if they haven't met anyone yet, then you could delete them all and let the game generate replacements - maybe you'll get lucky and get different names and faces.

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 17, 12:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4 elders, 2 adults, and two teens...The 3 elders are downtownies one is a repairwoman, one adult is a maid the other is a downtownie and the teens are downtownies.  And Im just sick of seeing that name...And thats just one neighborhood...And I guess the name picker or whatever you want to call it likes that name...Couldnt it at least randomize the  name though...maybe I wont delete them all though just the ones that are useless...Ill rename the others

I was thinking of a cool story you could create - attack of the killer Caryls.  You could turn them into the seven (plus one) horsemen of the apocalypse and spread pestilence and misery throughout your neighbourhood hehehe.  On the otherhand you could just rename them... Tongue

EDIT: aaaaahhhhhh, I just checked my neighbourhood out in Sims2DB and I have not one (and seriously that was bad enough) but two Goopys [shudders and reaches for my cow plant named Bertha]
« Last Edit: 2006 February 18, 03:02:08 by vilia » Logged
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 18, 07:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mayhaps you could just change their names in SimPE?  I get duplicate names all the time and that's how what I do.  I also use Merola's multi-painting to change names of service worker and/or townie sims that move in with my other sims.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 18, 09:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The trouble with just changing their names is they'd all still look alike, and have identical DNA.  Personally, I'd remove them and let the game generate replacements for the NPCs.

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 18, 20:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The trouble with just changing their names is they'd all still look alike, and have identical DNA.  Personally, I'd remove them and let the game generate replacements for the NPCs.

Okey-doke!  I was thinking perhaps this was one of those cases of just too many sims generated with one name--annoying at best. LOL  I wasn't scoring real high on reading comprehension last night. Wink

Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 15, 07:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reviving a dead thread.  After I installed OFB Caryl and Cheryl respawned, but thats not all.  Most of the characters that came with OFBare messed up.  Most of them have one or more of the following: the wrong gender, no personality, no aspiration, no interests, 0 days remaaining, wrong age.  If Maxis keeps this up it will be a bad, bad thing. 

ISFJ
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: