More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:57:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The cheesecake thing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The cheesecake thing  (Read 30373 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: The cheesecake thing
« Reply #75 on: 2006 March 14, 15:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And another thing- through cheesecake or force twins after conception, does this result in identical twins? I would think that instead of rerolling genetics, it would just clone the original conception. Has anyone looked at this?

Genetics are determined during birth. Each baby's genetics would be determined as it was being born.

Fail.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 March 14, 15:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And another thing- through cheesecake or force twins after conception, does this result in identical twins? I would think that instead of rerolling genetics, it would just clone the original conception. Has anyone looked at this?

The twins produced this way are exactly the same as any other twins born in the game -- the gender is randomly determined at birth, and rerolling can change both genetics and gender.

Karen
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 March 14, 15:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

right, I realize gender is determined at birth but I thought genetics were at conception- guess I was wrong then

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 March 14, 15:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

right, I realize gender is determined at birth but I thought genetics were at conception- guess I was wrong then

The genetics are definitely decided at birth, along with gender.  I've rerolled many times when the baby's eyebrow color didn't match the hair color I was hoping for.

Karen
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 March 14, 16:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there something odd about the code, so that the time when you were supposed to eat the cheesecake was changed from before the pregnancy, to after? I thought it was only supposed to work if you did it beforehand, but people seem to be getting twins this way.

I have no idea if it would work before pregnancy (but I am pretty sure it would not) but I can surely tell it does work 100% once they are pregnant.

See the problem is that if it would work before pregnancy, for how much time before they try to woohoo would the "cheesecake" take effect?  I would definitely be scared to make any of my Sims eat some cheesecake if there is no time limit to that effect.  Maxis probably (though they can surprise us all the time) made it too work only after pregnancy so it is easier for the game to take track of this.  I have no way to confirm this since I am not awesome enough to create mods or check that, but according to TJ, this works only once they are pregnant and it definitely makes sense.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 March 14, 16:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly three hours is the cap.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: