More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:43:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Best Made Celeb Sim Ever?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Best Made Celeb Sim Ever?  (Read 10814 times)
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
The Best Made Celeb Sim Ever?
« on: 2006 March 11, 09:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=137736

The best I've seen yet! Wink

happy now :-)
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: The Best Made Celeb Sim Ever?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 11, 12:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup.  It's a lot easier to make celeb sims when you use a full face paint to cover up the face rather than trying to use the in-game sliders.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 11, 12:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that yesterday! Very good Smiley

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 11, 13:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha I knew there was something suspicious about that sim.  So she is using face paint?  I guess all the legions who download Brad for their new Don will be disappointed with the resulting babies.

I don't use celebrities sims.  They make horror-inspiring babies most of the time.  Although, if I was into celebrity worship, I'd maybe download him for a "flavor" sims.

Sim I had one of those rare suprise event where Drew Carey would should up in Sim form.  That was totally awesome.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 11, 13:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, he is the best I've seen. I usually avoid the faces painted on sims but he is tempting. My wish for Sims 3 is more CAS control on faces so we can get this kind of variety and detail! (and loads of working hair styles!)
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 11, 13:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I had seen that one yesterday I think and I have to agree with you on that ....I thought the likeness was remarkable....very very good work....tgdrysix

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 11, 13:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the most amazing Natalie Imbruglia from the same site, the likeness is uncanny, although that's also face-paint.  I also have an excellent Mona Lisa (face-paint again).  It didn't occur to me that they wouldn't pass on their appearance, but I suppose it's obvious really.  Unfortunately, I can't find either of them on their now.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 11, 14:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I should upload my Ron Perlman sim there. I thought I got the likeness down pretty well and I didn't use facepaint, just some of Mermaid Cove's facial character makeups. I don't know if anyone would be interested in him though, since he isn't a prettypretty like Brad Pitt.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 11, 15:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even know who he is Renatus! Cheesy

I don't download celeb sims, I make my own. I don't share though cos I am mean Tongue

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 11, 17:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never quite got the obsession with Brad Pitt. He always seemed so bland and cookie cutter to me.  Undecided
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 11, 18:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never quite got the obsession with Brad Pitt. He always seemed so bland and cookie cutter to me.  Undecided

Ditto.  Crossed out lightening bolt for me!   Cheesy 

Now, give me a Jack Bauer Sim that looks that realistic, I'll be happy with the face paint. 

(three lightening bolts for Jack Bauer, has to be Jack though, Keifer is only so-so.  Grin )

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 11, 19:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's interesting about the face paint. I didn't think about that, but I'm very glad to know the trick! The celebs still could be a cool addition to the game in certain aspects -like stories- I guess.

I, too, remember the Drew Carrey sim from Sims 1 Superstar (I believe). He did show up a couple of times in my game at the best parties!

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 11, 19:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I should upload my Ron Perlman sim there. I thought I got the likeness down pretty well and I didn't use facepaint, just some of Mermaid Cove's facial character makeups. I don't know if anyone would be interested in him though, since he isn't a prettypretty like Brad Pitt.

Ron Perlman is the shit!  I loved him in Hellboy.  You should definitely upload it.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 11, 19:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, give me a Jack Bauer Sim that looks that realistic, I'll be happy with the face paint. 

(three lightening bolts for Jack Bauer, has to be Jack though, Keifer is only so-so.  Grin )

Windy, there was a Kiefer sutherland at the sims 2 website or somewhere that was very, very good.  I still have him I think if you want him.  I had to have Jack Bauer in my game too!  LOL

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 11, 19:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exuse me, but our Sim-Trepie is much much more hadsome then the Sim-Brad...Smiley.

I am surprised at you, Sandilou...Smiley.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 11, 19:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best celeb I played is Elvis Presley from MTS2, it is not face paint, just some make up, and he produces very good looking babies, and grand babies, too.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 11, 20:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Dave Letterman and Paul Shaffer as a gay couple in my town. Jeff Rowland also joined the group recently.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 11, 20:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes the author is pretty talented. I downloaded a Tom Welling Sim she made and it was pretty good. However when I played around and changed the skin to a Maxis skin he looked nothing like Tom Welling anymore. So how do they do that, take photos of the celeb's and stretch them out to be custom skins?

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 11, 20:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windy, there was a Kiefer sutherland at the sims 2 website or somewhere that was very, very good.  I still have him I think if you want him.  I had to have Jack Bauer in my game too!  LOL

C

A woman after my own heart.  The husband answers the phone "Bauer." when I call from work, just to give me a little pitter patter. Cheesy

I'd love to have Jack, but I'm honestly so emeshed (hey, there's a pun) in struggling with OFB set up, I might not get to use him for eons....if you come across him, let me know.

He'd deserve a serious plot line, and selling furniture or crafting toys wouldn't be part of it!

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 11, 21:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exuse me, but our Sim-Trepie is much much more hadsome then the Sim-Brad...Smiley.

Very true, Gali, he's a hottie!!!

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 11, 21:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean the red-head guy in Trepie's avatar? I love that sim! Is he for download? I agree that he's a very, very goodlooking sim! I want him in my game.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 11, 22:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean the red-head guy in Trepie's avatar? I love that sim! Is he for download? I agree that he's a very, very goodlooking sim! I want him in my game.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2095.0
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 11, 23:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no celebs in my actual game, but I do use a couple of the facepaints/masks from them to insta-change my pre-made uglies.  This is just for those uglies I have to deal with on a daily basis and not for reproduction purposes.  Use the mind control mirror and slap a pretty mask/facepaint on them, and they are not so hard to look at.  I do this with the maid and whoever else is really ugly that comes to the house regularly.  It's quicker than sims surgery. 

You know, I've often thought about how we talk about how ugly the maxis sims are - what if they are based on some of the creators of them at maxis?  That would make them feel really good, wouldn't it, that the first thing we want to do is get rid of the uglies or change them.  Has anyone seen pics of the folks who make this game?  I've played it a long time, but I've never bothered to find out anything about the people behind making it. 
SimJymm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 12, 00:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was digging through all the posts made about the Brad sim over at MTS2 and saw this one by it's creator.

"I forgot,it's not a face mask,i made a new skintone for him.I just changed the face,base skin is not by me.I think it's by Revoye."

I like seeing realistic sims and use some of Helane's skins made into default skins and the realistic eyes defaults too.

One of the better likenesses done of a "celebrity" is the one done of Adam Sessler of G4 fame, I found at MTS2

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=63140
« Last Edit: 2006 March 12, 06:27:20 by SimJymm » Logged

"Search" and Ye shall Find.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 12, 02:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, each time I see Trepie's avatar, I think "Be still my beating heart...<sigh>", so don't worry, he's still Maty's No. 1 Hottie. 

I've been 'playing' with Sim Brad and I must agree with Sim Jymm, having a very real skintone and face freaked me out.  I went all shy....!   After reading earlier comments about him being photoshopped (or whatever)  I used Insim to age him to a teen and to be fair, his looks held. Then I aged him back to an adult. Of course, I've paired him up with another sim just to see what his kids turn out like. If all goes well, then I'll add him to my version of Simmiecal's Matyville. 

happy now :-)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: