More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 06:17:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is it just me or is chat failing all the time since OFB?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is it just me or is chat failing all the time since OFB?  (Read 10396 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Is it just me or is chat failing all the time since OFB?
« on: 2006 March 10, 05:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I am just having a string of bad luck, but I could swear that since installing OFB chat seems to be failing all the time for sims who have no or low relationships. I know it used to fail some of the time for me before, but it wasn't all the time like it is now. I can't even use Macrotastics socialize friendly anymore until I've got the relationship up a bit and it seems like the only safe first interaction do is joke.  Tongue

Just curious if anyone else noticed this at all.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Is it just me or is chat failing all the time since OFB?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 10, 05:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chat can't "fail". Chat only "fails" because your sims have shitty interest compatibility. It otherwise always runs until a bad topic occurs or about 10 cycles.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 10, 05:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well then I must have the most incompatible combination of sims since I got the game because I can't seem to get anyone under 10 or 20 score to have a conversation without a negative reaction.

I guess it's just coincidence.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 10, 07:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this with the greek house initiation. I had to get my sim to 'entertain-joke' all the time cos the chat thing was losing her major scoring points!

Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 10, 07:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just you.  I'm having the same smegging issue.  No matter what they talk about, they *seem* to always be incompatible with each other.  (I can't say "always" for sure because I work too much to play often.)  It's really beginning to irk.

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 10, 07:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I can't say "always" for sure because I work too much to play often.) 

I am running into this same annoying problem.  Grin  I am working so much I've barely been able to play since I installed OFB and can't join in the conversation!

If anyone has a fix for that annoying bug, I'd appreciate it.

Tongue

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 10, 10:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I can't say "always" for sure because I work too much to play often.) 

I am running into this same annoying problem.  Grin  I am working so much I've barely been able to play since I installed OFB and can't join in the conversation!

If anyone has a fix for that annoying bug, I'd appreciate it.

Tongue

->hands windy moon a pack of smokes and a (flu-virus infected I'm afraid) Wild Turkey

-Now, let's discuss your issues...

Footnote: 40% alcohol concentration is enough to make any virus desperately search for a toilet/bucket/sink to throw up in. They usually pass out halfway there. You can safely enjoy your Wild Turkey...

Let the Beast inside you free!
Ilikecoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 10, 10:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it helps . . . the only successful low relationship chat I've noticed since installing OFB has been between two sims with two lightning bolts.  All other chat interactions ended with the "la, la, la, hands over the ears" response if the relationship was less than 20.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 10, 10:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, I *WISH* that would happen more. I mean, that's how I'd react if some random person started talking to me. Or, more accurately, I tend to react with irritated glares and "Who be you? Do I know you? Do I like you?!?"

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 10, 11:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, I *WISH* that would happen more. I mean, that's how I'd react if some random person started talking to me. Or, more accurately, I tend to react with irritated glares and "Who be you? Do I know you? Do I like you?!?"

Depends on what they'll say to me. If it goes something like "Hey, Metallica were such an awesome band, too bad they did that St. Anger piece of shit!", drinks are on me! It's all about striking the right chords.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 10, 11:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do I like you?!?

There's people you actually like??? People, people? Not say squid-faces from the outer dimensions pretending to be people or something?

Unsouper
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 10, 11:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean people actually try to talk to you?  Cheesy  Me? I'd run for my life.....

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 10, 11:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, don't let Pescado's gruff demeanor scare you off. Trust me on this, a person who loves animals CANNOT be a bad sort! Even in those rare cases where someone is an asshole and loves animals, it turns out their love for our four-legged friends is superficial at best.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 10, 11:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you mean me, I'm not the slightest bit scared of Pescado. ;)

Unsouper
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 10, 11:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not scared of him-I just like my lips Cheesy

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 10, 11:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was lipless to start with, so he's not hurting me any. But shhh, don't tell him that, k? He might come up with something worse Wink

Unsouper
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 10, 13:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Pescado: Ha! It's not just me. We can't all have a whole neighborhoods full of completely uncompatible sims. I seriously think they messed with something. I'm not sure if it's a bug or 'feature' though.

re: talking to strangers

There's some cases where it makes sense. Shop owners to customers. If a friend brings a friend over, or a friend of a relative that you don't know, at a party, blind date (gypsy lady) etc.

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 10, 14:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Admire seems to also fail a lot for my sims lately (after OFB), I just had a sim get a bad reaction on an admire from a friend he had 70 daily relationship with.

As far as I can tell, the autosoc takes a while longer to reach 100 daily when chat and admire fails here and there...

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 10, 14:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean people actually try to talk to you?  Cheesy  Me? I'd run for my life.....
Well, usually the way I subsequently interrogate someone who tries reduces the more timid ones to quivering heaps.

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 10, 15:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pfffs!!

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 10, 16:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Admire seems to also fail a lot for my sims lately (after OFB), I just had a sim get a bad reaction on an admire from a friend he had 70 daily relationship with.

Yes, and they all seem to love admiring autonomously even if they don't know or barely know a sim.  Roll Eyes It irks me that they do that because it almost always fails. That and hugging too. Who tried to hug people they barely know?

Mandy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 10, 17:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just you.  I use the 'Entertain-Joke' interaction almost exclusively now, until they get to 20 or so.

Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 10, 17:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like we need a new option in autosoc - Joke, as well as Friendly, Unfriendly and Romantic.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 10, 17:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every "dirty joke" I've tried since installing OFB has failed, even with Sims who are 100/100 with one another and both in platinum moods. I've never seen it fail prior to OFB unless the receiver did not have the required daily relationship for acceptance. I usually only let my Sims develop friendships over the telephone but the few times I've had them chat in person, it did seem like it failed more frequently than before. I think I'll just stick to Cool Shades and joke/gossip/bust a move to make friends.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 10, 18:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

. Who tried to hug people they barely know?
Oh you'd be suprised, especially if you are a pretty young thing,  seems to bring out the hug urge in every old perv around and at the flimisiest excuse too.   
 That and relatives you hardly know seem to think it's okay to give big ole bear hugs and slobbery kisses to your cheek. ughhhh
 Pass me some of that Wild Turkey, somebody might need it for medicinal purposes Wink
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: