More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 10:48:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Smarter Cashier
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Smarter Cashier  (Read 53144 times)
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Smarter Cashier
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 11, 09:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some things are affected, other things are not. The various guides are, as usual, full of shit. What did you expect from a book which obviously must be pure conjecture given that it was put up for sale BEFORE THE GAME EVEN EXISTED?!?

Not a whole hell of a lot. That's why I don't buy them, but leech the info off of other suckers who have. Wink

Does this hack also make them faster pre-badge? I noticed that the fresh CAS sim I played last night seemed to punch those keys a lot faster than the other sim I played pre-hack.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 11, 11:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This seems to be working great.  I got my first bronze level cashier badge today, and it didn't take a tremendous amount of effort.  Thanks!

Karen
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 11, 16:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed another dumb thing about cashiers, Maxis didn't see fit to give the cashier npcs any badges. Also, while you visit a community lot they seem to punch away at the register with great ease, yet if you hire in your store them they suddenly seem to forget being able to do that and fall all over themselves.  Roll Eyes

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 11, 19:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, you mean un-owned community lots? hmmm....that's really double standard from Maxis. Even worse, when you visit an owned community lots, the cashiers that you assigned, or the owners, don't even want to ring up customers.  Angry

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 11, 20:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes the regular old pre-OFB community lots. I thought the best way to find someone to hire with a register badge would be to hire someone who already has experience as a cashier, but I guess that's not the case.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 11, 21:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes the regular old pre-OFB community lots. I thought the best way to find someone to hire with a register badge would be to hire someone who already has experience as a cashier, but I guess that's not the case.

Cheesy hehe, quite good thinking, but you were wrong to assume Maxis follows logic. The thing with hiring a specific person is you have to know them (but I don't know the relationship requirement). I just don't have the time to get to know them before I can hire them. In my Bluewater village, all the community lots are owned by somebody by now.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 11, 22:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's around 20 daily. It's a pain in the butt though having to try and manually hire them all to figure out who has what badge. I am finding I really need to sharpen my memory and keep in mind which sims have which badges so I can hire the right ones when I need them at a later date.

Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 12, 17:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many transactions should a Sim have to go through to hit Gold?  I pulled it off in my one-Sims home shop (Flower lady in Bluewater Village) in less than three Sim Days.  With hours of operation being 9am to 5pm or so.  And she was busy re-stocking (for the first two days, then she hired a peon townie teen) and doing Sales socials the entire itme.  Unless she started with an invisible head start, she flew through them.  The first badge only took between 3 to 7 transactions.  She got it her first afternoon of business.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 12, 17:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to my data, it's 4 to bronze, 8 to silver, and 28 to gold. Sims perform their tasks competently at the Silver level, badly below that. It's enough to incite one to homicidal rage after seeing it more than a few times, sorta like the urge you get when you see somebody typing too slowly: You just wanna punch 'em in the face.

By DEFAULT, it's an AGONIZING 17(!!!) to bronze and an additional 33(!!!) to silver!, and an additional 66(!!!) to gold. My level 10 business has served 81 customers. You will never see a gold cashier badge like that. It just won't happen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 12, 17:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this JM. It was a badly needed mod. Although I have come across more than a few cash-register morons of all ages and in shapes and sizes of store over the years they are not that common!

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 12, 17:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By DEFAULT, it's an AGONIZING 17(!!!) to bronze and an additional 33(!!!) to silver!, and an additional 66(!!!) to gold. My level 10 business has served 81 customers. You will never see a gold cashier badge like that. It just won't happen.

Shocked   Roll Eyes

That is just...  MENTALLY RETARDED!

I like your version way better! 

Gah... 17 transactions... no wonder people hated my shops before. 
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 12, 18:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the risk of being lipless, ThankYouThisisGreat.

Right up there with the Coffee Cup hack for pounding logic into poor design.

Cool

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Angeleyez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 18, 04:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much this is a very needed one for sure. I hate it when they get hit in the stomach by the drawer.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 18, 05:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much this is a very needed one for sure. I hate it when they get hit in the stomach by the drawer.
Yeah, how often can someone realistically fall for that one, anyway?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 18, 08:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, how often can someone realistically fall for that one, anyway?

From personal experience: Maybe twice, if the shop is busy and two people are trying to simultaneously serve customers, and the cash drawer is situated just below the bench on which the non-using-cash-register-person is trying to wrap a customer's purchase. And there is no warning.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 18, 09:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to modify the hack so that the level of logic does have an effect? I need some motivation to build my sims' skills, and it's disappointing if the logic affects nothing when it comes to cashier skills. I knew there was something fishy going on when a sim with at least 7 logic skill points took ages to earn even a bronze badge.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Thraxwhirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 22, 20:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'know, it's things like THIS that make me wish Maxis would send advance copies of their EPs to JMP to Beta Test and debug sort of two or three months before inflicting them on the rest of us.

The ****** "Location out of Bounds" bug is another of course. How no one spotted THAT during weeks or even months of testing before its release, when it took me about 10 minutes after installing, God alone knows.

Anyway, yes, better Cashiers. Thank GOD!

By which I mean thank YOU, JMP. Wink
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 March 23, 07:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did someone kidnap the Smarter Cashier? I'm getting an "it ain't here" error. My eyeballs can't find it, either.
WoundedImmortal
Asinine Airhead

Never injure what cannot die

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2006 March 23, 18:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must try this out...This was definately something that annoyed me.  One of my first jobs was as a cashier and it was simple...learned in training before I even saw a customer.  Definately not as difficult as this game makes it look!

"Oooh, I just had one of thoes things!  You know!  Like a headache, with pictures!"

"An idea?"

<---Clicky
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2006 March 23, 18:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There should be a copy of it in the moreawesomethanyou.zip file.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 March 25, 05:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if logic did have an effect, and max logic halved those numbers, that wouldn't be so bad.  I wonder what Maxis really intended.   Huh
Oh well.  Doesn't matter.  I'm installing your hack.  I've gotten a few bronze register badges the hard way, but it looks like it will take forever to get to silver.

Just coincidence but it works.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 March 25, 21:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone must have paid the ransom, because it's back.  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: