More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:55:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Playable Shoppers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Playable Shoppers  (Read 82161 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
No Playable Shoppers
« on: 2006 March 09, 21:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your playables no longer show up at stores to clog their inventories with garbage purchases, which you then have to dispose of at a loss in funds (items are sold at depreciated price, NOT at purchase or catalog price!).

noplayableshoppers.zip

No Playable Shoppers for TS2OFB p0
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!
In Memoriam: Dizzy

FEATURES:
Playable sims no longer show up at stores to waste all their family's monies
buying junk they don't need that has to be sold back at massive losses in time
and family funds, unless given an FFS Money Order object placed in their
inventory to designate them as shoppers (so you can sell them useful stuff!).
Placing one on the lot will make the lot visitable by all playables.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested for TS2OFB p0.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 01, 17:25:24 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: No Playable Shoppers
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 10, 03:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! a new shiny!! *kills a goat*
Moonshires
Blathering Buffoon

ESTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 10, 03:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*kills a goat or 10...hell...kills a sheep too, just for good measure*

Finally, now I can actually open up a community business without worrying about screwing up my playable's incomes.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 10, 03:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes! Cheesy Very shiny and very awesome!

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 10, 03:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are they limited to spending the amount of the money order, or is it just being used as a flag?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 10, 04:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah, so you want calf's blood or will a Mr Pibb suffice? Awesome.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 10, 07:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FEATURES:
Playable sims no longer show up at stores to waste all their family's monies
buying junk they don't need that has to be sold back at massive losses in time
and family funds, unless given an FFS Money Order object placed in their
inventory to designate them as shoppers (so you can sell them useful stuff!).

How exactly does the FFS Money Order thing work? If we actually want our sims to show up, when we play them on their lot, we place a money order in their inventory? I forget how the money order works... do we have to designate the amount first before putting it in their inventory? And if so, does the amount matter? Does the amount designate how much the playble sim is allowed to spend on a business lot? Or does the money order just sort of serve as a "dummy" key that allows them to show up on business lots?

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 10, 10:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll take the blood, thanks. Mr. Pibb sounds like a weak soft-drink that is lacking in caffeine content, and if I were to drink it, I would probably fall into a coma and die.

How exactly does the FFS Money Order thing work? If we actually want our sims to show up, when we play them on their lot, we place a money order in their inventory? I forget how the money order works... do we have to designate the amount first before putting it in their inventory? And if so, does the amount matter? Does the amount designate how much the playble sim is allowed to spend on a business lot? Or does the money order just sort of serve as a "dummy" key that allows them to show up on business lots?
No, the settings don't matter, it's just a "dummy key" like you said. I just kinda threw that thing in at the last minute just in case. It's sort of the same function as Ingelogical prisoner tags.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 10, 11:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure this is working 100%.  I saw one of my playable Sims on a home business lot, but she may have been there already from a previous session (saved before I installed this hack).  Can you make it so that if there *are* playable Sims that are on the lot as customers (without the money order in their inventory), they leave immediately, or something like that?

I'm sure I don't have the money order object in anyone's inventory.  I haven't used it in ages, since almost all my families have more money than they can use.

Karen
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 10, 13:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll take the blood, thanks. Mr. Pibb sounds like a weak soft-drink that is lacking in caffeine content, and if I were to drink it, I would probably fall into a coma and die.

It is a poor substitute for Dr. Pepper. It probably has caffeine in it, though.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 10, 14:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure this is working 100%.  I saw one of my playable Sims on a home business lot, but she may have been there already from a previous session (saved before I installed this hack).  Can you make it so that if there *are* playable Sims that are on the lot as customers (without the money order in their inventory), they leave immediately, or something like that?
No, that's a seperate issue. Playable sims can appear your home businesses anyway if you deliberately invite them, or if they were already there when you installed it. It will quickly fade into history as soon as they leave. Just tell them to sod off.

JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 10, 16:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love a hack which changed the menu from "ask to leave" to "tell to f'in sod off".

Hilarious.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 10, 16:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think you could do one where they won't autonomously buy, but they'll still show up? I don't send my simmies to community lots often, and walkbys are a toss up, so it's hard for them to meet other playables. I'd like them to still show for socializing, but I'm not keen on the crazy inventory clogging.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 10, 21:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not possible to make them show up and NOT buy. Once they show up, they will buy things.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 10, 22:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, will playables still do walkbys on a residential lot with a home business if the business is closed?

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 10, 23:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to make one that playable sims show up and buy, but only keep the last three items like townies?

Yeah, the guide said that there'd be an inventory limit. I guess they're wrong on that...again. Do you think, Pescado, that you could implement an inventory limit then, so that they'd only keep 3 items?
rma
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 11, 03:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for this much needed hack, Pescado. Playable Sims buying stuff is not the only problem. They can also spend their hard-earned cash in a ticketed venue, like Club Dante. I don't know how much of their cash they can spend, but I know it ain't coming back.

Plus, being the control freak that I am, I don't want my Sim going shopping and flirting with someone they are not supposed to. I will tell you who to fall in love with, dammit.
straycat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 11, 06:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank goodness! *worships* I have a playable sim who owns a toy shop. It's doing very well. He has a gold badge and makes and sells water wigglers. And then he turns up at another playable sim's shop and buys a water wiggler there! WTF.  Shocked
Jabberdau
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 11, 10:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol I kinda had a feeling Maxis was going to do this kind of un-thought of feature where they dont think very far into the game. Anyway This would kinda nuke the whole idea pf having a business selling items. Hmm could you make it so only townies would buy autonomysly?
Moonshires
Blathering Buffoon

ESTJ

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 11, 11:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol I kinda had a feeling Maxis was going to do this kind of un-thought of feature where they dont think very far into the game. Anyway This would kinda nuke the whole idea pf having a business selling items. Hmm could you make it so only townies would buy autonomysly?

Er...how?  All this does is prevent Sim-family-you-created A, from blowing their money on the stupid crap at Sims-family-you-created B's shop that you only want the townies to buy.

It stops sims you play from showing up, and thus buying.  It doesn't affect townies at all.

If you want Family A to buy from Family B's store, just play Family A, and go to Family B's lot.

Of course, this only works if it's not a home business.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 11, 19:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to make one that playable sims show up and buy, but only keep the last three items like townies?

I would join this petition too, because I like my playables to appear in community lots when I visit. Just make them keep the last three items as the townies, please?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Jabberdau
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 11, 19:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh well, hmm maybe I got confused for a second because I play with the notownie re-gen and deleted all characters before I started to play in the neigbourghood.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 11, 20:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would join this petition too, because I like my playables to appear in community lots when I visit. Just make them keep the last three items as the townies, please?
The "three items" thing is a myth. Everyone keeps everything they've ever bought. Townies, your sims, everyone. Meanwhile, they buy junk you ultimately have throw out at a loss anyway. Nobody cares what townies buy, since their money is free and unlimited, but your sims are not similarly gifted.

If you REALLY want your sim to buy something, you can invite them over with the phone, then ignore them and they will quickly fall into the shopping mode like anyone else visiting a business. Then you can peddle whatever item you think they actually NEED to buy, then say "Bye" before they buy anything stupid.

PanSola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 11, 20:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is it possible to make the bought item have their original instead of depreciated value?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 11, 20:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think at some point Maxis must have intended the three items limit because it's all over the Prima Guide. I guess they either didn't get around to implementing that feature or did but it's broken and didn't bother to test it to find out.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: