More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:48:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Lame Hires
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Lame Hires  (Read 85507 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: No Lame Hires
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 15, 01:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely will conflict, no way around it. Hireable YAs can definitely be done. In fact, I already have, I just have to test it to make sure no undesirable effects occur as a result of doing so.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bain
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 15, 01:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely will conflict, no way around it. Hireable YAs can definitely be done. In fact, I already have, I just have to test it to make sure no undesirable effects occur as a result of doing so.

I bow at your awesomness
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 15, 01:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm... I was about to report this conflict, but Pescado beat me to it.

In anycase, I thought I should mention something interesting in that, when I tried to use dizzy's GUID hack conlfict checking tool, it initially did NOT report any conflict, which obviously is erroneous information. Huh At first, I couldn't figure out why this was so, since it still appears to work with everything else.

Then I noticed that Squinge's hack is named 'OFBHireYA .package' If you look carefully, there is a space between the file name and file extension separator. I renamed the hack to 'OFBHireYA.package' and only then did dizzy's tool properly report the conflict. I guess it just doesn't expect spaces between the file name and the file extension separator. So... if anyone is using that tool to look for conflicts, you should make sure to check how your hacks are named, otherwise it might not catch everything.

I'll probably post this over at MTS2 too as a warning to any of it's users.

Ste

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 15, 02:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the YAs run off to their job like they do to class? And what if the class or a final is at the same time. Hmm. Lots to consider.  Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 15, 03:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the YAs run off to their job like they do to class? And what if the class or a final is at the same time. Hmm. Lots to consider.  Tongue
Well, presumably, their carpool would come for them. And if their class or final is at the same time? Well, bugger, then. Gonna have to break your kneecaps. Besides, it can't be worse than hiring teens, where their job *WILL* conflict with EVERY SINGLE DAY of school...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 15, 06:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, I just never have seen cars in the college town other than to drop them off or pick them up. I suppose it would work though. The only real difference seems to be that sims don't age a day at 6pm.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 15, 07:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, presumably, their carpool would come for them. And if their class or final is at the same time? Well, bugger, then. Gonna have to break your kneecaps. Besides, it can't be worse than hiring teens, where their job *WILL* conflict with EVERY SINGLE DAY of school...

Hrm. Wait... so the game doesn't take into consideration if a sim is a teen? I mean, for teen jobs, all the hours are after school. If a teen gets hired for a business, do business related jobs only have a set in stone schedule that all employees abide by? Are all businesses, no matter what type they are, 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri dealies?

Ste

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 15, 09:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. Wait... so the game doesn't take into consideration if a sim is a teen? I mean, for teen jobs, all the hours are after school. If a teen gets hired for a business, do business related jobs only have a set in stone schedule that all employees abide by? Are all businesses, no matter what type they are, 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri dealies?

If you hire a playable teen for your business, the game will assume the hours are 9-5 Mon - Fri, just as it does for other Sims, playable or not.  I don't know if it's possible to change this or not, but it makes hiring playable teens a recipe for disaster.  They work 9-5, period, and when the car pool and school bus arrive at the same time in the morning, they get in the car pool instead of the school bus.  So they don't go to school Sad

Karen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 15, 10:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's right. Not particularly sure how this should be dealt with, but certainly hiring teens is a far worse problem than hiring YAs. YAs can manipulate their schedules easily, and missing a day of work out of an average of 3 to attend finals isn't fatal (classes being optional).

School is somewhat less optional. You may need to take up Ingelogical schooling.

Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 15, 20:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How hard would it be to change the "Employee" schedule if the "Employee" is a teen to 3 PM to 8 PM (and they only get paid for 5 hours instead of Cool? I'm sure it's pretty difficult as a hack at this point, but it seems it wouldn't be all that complicated for Maxis. That would make "Employee" a very viable teen job.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 15, 21:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be possible to do with SimPE, maybe. Unless the hours are hardcoded.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 15, 21:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge has a couple new shinys that might be of interest

an automated open/close sign for OFB businesses
and
The Employee Token You use one token per employee and can preset times for them to start and stop work.  This needs to be used in conjunction with the Automatic Open/Close sign and will only summon employees when the latter is in Auto mode.

http://www.simlogical.com/
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 15, 21:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I am reading it correctly, it tells them when to come and go when you play the business lot they are employed at, but it doesn't look like it changes the hours they leave for work and come back on their home lot. Still sounds useful though. And the OFB version of the no autonomy fridge, yay! But I digress... Embarrassed

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 15, 22:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's very useful if you want to have multiple shifts in your shop. I snatched already, yet to fully make usage.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 15, 22:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's very useful if you want to have multiple shifts in your shop. I snatched already, yet to fully make usage.

Lion, I haven't gotten to the point of multiple employees yet (due to lack of gameplay time -- DAMN real life!)  But I thought the summon employees summoned them all.  Is there a way to summon individual employees?

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 15, 22:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the OFB version of the no autonomy fridge, yay! But I digress... Embarrassed

Finally!  I've been watching for that one for what seems like forever.  Thanks for letting us know.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 15, 22:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lion, I haven't gotten to the point of multiple employees yet (due to lack of gameplay time -- DAMN real life!)  But I thought the summon employees summoned them all.  Is there a way to summon individual employees?

C

If you use Inges hacks (see my earlier post)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 March 16, 00:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to summon individual employees?

C

If you use Inges hacks (see my earlier post)
[/quote]

Oh, I see, I didn't notice it was for individual employees.  I did skim the thread earlier, but didn't read carefully enough.  My bad.

Stupid cwieberdink.  There, now you don't need to say it JM>

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
GreenEyedHobgobblin
Asinine Airhead

[See also: Damage Inc356]

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 March 16, 20:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what this is supposed to do, but when I have them call to hire someone it's still mostly my playables and NPCs with jobs.  But maybe I got it wrong.  That is what it's supposed to do, right?
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 March 16, 20:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Npc and townie with or without jobs will show.  Sims with a job below level 6 will also show as mention in 1st post of JM, the one at level 6 or higher won't show.  If a Sim is already working in another business as an employee it won't show.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 March 16, 21:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge has a couple new shinys that might be of interest
The Employee Token You use one token per employee and can preset times for them to start and stop work.  This needs to be used in conjunction with the Automatic Open/Close sign and will only summon employees when the latter is in Auto mode.

http://www.simlogical.com/

Wow, I was just thinking about requesting a hack for this yesterday! I thought it would be to complicated to do or take a long time since you have to take into consideration your playable sims that work at another's lot. (goes to show that's why I'm not a programmer but a tester  Wink )
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 March 17, 01:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The feasibility of this will be looked into, but I suspect jobs are not that malleable.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 March 17, 17:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a townie (Hall of Famer) shown up as a hire despite this hack  Huh

Go Away
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 March 17, 17:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should have read the manual.

Non-townie sims with jobs >= L6 or who are already working in a user business are no longer considered eligible hires and will not clog the hiring pool, nor be available with the "hire" option unless they quit.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 March 17, 17:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Opps. In my eagerness to download and use this, I must have missed out reading that essential part.
Thanks for solving my mystery ...

Go Away
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: