More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 04:09:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Car dichotomy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Car dichotomy  (Read 7650 times)
Zyrcona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Car dichotomy
« on: 2006 March 09, 14:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the buy catalogue on community areas, you can buy and place a table on which to stand cars to sell. (it's in surfaces under 'miscellaneous') However, cars are not purchaseable in community areas, and the table is not purchaseable in residential plots. This may just be me being obtuse, but it seems it's not possible to use this table without extensive use of the changelotzoning cheat.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Car dichotomy
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 09, 15:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that, too, and I wonder if a sim has to actually own the business and buy the cars wholesale while on the lot.

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 09, 16:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. I just checked that out myself. The car platforms do work. But you have to take the cars there in your sims' inventories. Just as a thought ... seems like a profitable way to get rid of second hand cars instead of selling them via the delete option in residential f2 mode. I just sold two cars -- bought at full retail price on their residential lot -- at the expensive rate using the Bluewater Jaquet's (one bronze sales badge between 'em)

So save up those cars and start up a used car lot in retirement?

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 09, 16:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, between the used car thing and the need to get the actual purchase (rather than catalog) price back on stuff my sims bought on their own, this is looking more and more like The Sims: Hold Your Own Yardsale.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 09, 17:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe you have to buy the cars wholesale, and not from the regular lot catalog.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 09, 18:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe you have to buy the cars wholesale, and not from the regular lot catalog.

... and you buy them wholesale, how?

me shit
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 09, 19:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click on the price tag icon (Business Build Tools) in the business tracker. Click on the padlock (Wholesale Mode Toggle) and notice how the background for most things in buy mode turns yellow. You are now in Wholesale Mode.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 09, 21:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wholesale Mode doesn't make a damn bit of difference regarding products for sale. It is basically an easier way to place objects without having to subsequently mark them as "For Sale." If you'll take notice, when you place an item straight out of the catalog and mark it "For Sale," you are refunded the difference between the catalog and wholesale prices. If you mark the same item as not "For Sale," the same difference that was refunded to you is now deducted.
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 09, 21:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the "changelotzoning" thing when bulding my car dealership. No idea whether the lot functions as it should, but the idea is there.

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 10, 02:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click on the price tag icon (Business Build Tools) in the business tracker. Click on the padlock (Wholesale Mode Toggle) and notice how the background for most things in buy mode turns yellow. You are now in Wholesale Mode.

But cars cannot be bought that way. duh

me shit
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 10, 02:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've pulled this one of the official board. It was in a sticky from a maxis employee, Kane or somesuch person

Cars on Lots:
To place cars on a community lot to be sold, you need to purchase them through Wholesale Mode.
Here is how you access the Wholesale Tool:

Go to the Business Tracker in the top-right corner of your screen, then click on the Business Build Tools button (bottom right button...it's the biggest one). Click on the icon that looks like a lock (Wholesale Mode Toggle) to activate Wholesale Mode. Go to your buy mode catalog and place cars.

I haven't tried it myself yet, so good luck.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 10, 02:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one of my aliens running a rather successful car dealership right now.  I had some wierd issues with buying the cars..even wholesale they would be sometime grayed out.  I'm not sure what the deal was but I finally got it working (don't remember how).  I've got the cars I want to sell on the lot now so I can just do the restocking option and not have to deal with wholesale mode.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 10, 03:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah yes, its especially nice when you get up there in rank, its where I use almost all my perks
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 10, 04:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I buy everything in wholesale mode. I even declare my homes a business just to buy things in wholesale mode. In fact, wholesale mode is basically free money. Buy tons of expensive junk "wholesale", then unmark it "for sale" and delete it all.
Why not just use a money cheat if you're going to cheat anyway?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jeffreyc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 15, 04:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But cars cannot be bought that way. duh

That is EXACTLY how cars are baught for sale on community lots!  Roll Eyes
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 15, 19:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't see any cars when I was in wholesale mode. I saw the icon to click on to open the car category, but it was greyed out, even in wholesale mode.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 15, 20:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't see any cars when I was in wholesale mode. I saw the icon to click on to open the car category, but it was greyed out, even in wholesale mode.
Not sure what the problem is. It worked for me.

Have you tried a different lot? Or tried entering the
Code:
boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false
code?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: