More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 21:39:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Real Estate Office
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Real Estate Office  (Read 10944 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Real Estate Office
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 10, 01:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, you have to buy the real estate office (or any comm lot) in order to sell deeds.  But that's some extra financial requirement. Can you sell it at your home business?

You have to buy the real estate office to sell deeds AT the real estate office, but you can sell deeds at any business.

If not, then does it mean that you (the sim) has to go to the office lot (where you can't make any savable changes since you don't own it) and put up the deeds for sale, and wait until a buyer buys it before you can go home?

This scenario is the one that cannot happen.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
SimSherry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 10, 01:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you sell it at your home business?

Yes.  You can also sell the deeds back to the community by phone or computer.  I've been playing around with this a bit and so far I have Nicole Thompson-McCarthy (former teen clerk, college graduate, & current wife of George McCarthy, another former clerk and graduate) as the owner of 5 business lots.  Most of these had little or nothing on them at purchase.  I sent her to visit each lot and had her work them until they achieved at least 1 rank (and were therefore more valuable) before going back to real estate office and setting the deed for sale.  One of her shops is the Just Flowers something-or-other place and she hired a Downtownie Slob as manager, and he's doing great since he came with nice badges in both sales and flower arrangement.  This way she can run the business remotely and collect the profit until it sells.  At least, this is my plan.  We'll see how it works.

Wow, your alien is pretty cute with the pink hair, SimSherry!

Thank you!  Cheesy
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 10, 02:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Real Estate office seems awfully impractical.  You can buy any number of ordinary items and resell them.  You can craft any number of items.  But there's a very definite limit on the amount of land available in a neighborhood.  Sooner or later you're going to run out of land plots to sell.

I suppose you could make more by adding empty commercial districts just for the land.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 10, 02:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Real Estate office seems awfully impractical.  You can buy any number of ordinary items and resell them.  You can craft any number of items.  But there's a very definite limit on the amount of land available in a neighborhood.  Sooner or later you're going to run out of land plots to sell.

I suppose you could make more by adding empty commercial districts just for the land.

- Gus

But when you sell them to townies and other nonplayables, they go right back into the available pool. You buy a lot, sell it to a townie for more than you paid for it, it becomes free again. Buy it again, and you can sell the same plot of land to some other townie (or, better yet, THE SAME TOWNIE), make money on it AGAIN...  Grin

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 12, 21:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really enjoyed the real estate office thing. You need alot of cash but the profits came rolling in when you sell a few. Plus I didn't need any lazy staff and if a playable sim asked to purchase, I just said no to releasing the deed. Still a hack to stop them coming into your store, any store, would be good.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 12, 21:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's already done, Darkstormyeve: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3419.0

Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 12, 21:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks akatonbo! I spent my weekend playing rather than board reading  Wink which is rare for me at times.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: