More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 21:45:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims having a "met themselves" memory....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims having a "met themselves" memory....  (Read 9092 times)
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Sims having a "met themselves" memory....
« on: 2006 March 09, 00:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

has just started happening in my game.   This is a new hood....used Delete all Characters after I place a uni and nl downtown areas (and have the noreg hacks installed too)....made some y/a's .....20 to start off with ( I'm starting from scratch in uni)...and as I was playing today I noticed one of them rolling a "make friends with themself" want....I know there have been issues in the past with the hand helds and the little game thingy but I don't have any sims buy these objects at all ever....they don't have cell phones either....I did "patch" my game with the 2nd patch....haven't installed ofb yet....and I have the no jagged lines memory fix....could this be patch related?   thanks, tgdrysix

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Sims having a "met themselves" memory....
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 09, 04:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an old issue that no one really knows the cause of, It thought to have to do with the sim not knowing anyone else to "be friends with"

I had this happen to a child right after she became friends with all the other children that lived at the orphange with her, she hadn't met any other kids to "be friends with"
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 09, 06:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is related, but a few months ago I had a teen sim who constantly rolled up the fear of her own death.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 09, 07:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meeting yourself is bad, and generally a precursor to BFBVFS.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 09, 12:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an old issue that no one really knows the cause of, It thought to have to do with the sim not knowing anyone else to "be friends with"

I had this happen to a child right after she became friends with all the other children that lived at the orphange with her, she hadn't met any other kids to "be friends with"

Well this is a very new hood and no one, well most of the sims, knew the others unless I "created them together"....some I did some I didn't.... Embarrassed   

I was afraid of that...your suggestion would be to just "start the hood over before it does this itself by turning into a BFBVFS?" or is there something I can try....to may fix or ward off this happening? Undecided.....what if I "nuke" the memories in Simpe and just start them all over like they never met or anything?   I haven't gotten really far in this hood...basically just got them all matched up and in the groups I wanted them to be in....I have 4 that are seniors that I played yesterday but the rest are pretty much just fres. and soph.....I wanted to use this hood for ofb but if it's doomed already I just a soon not "waste" any more time on it....I would like to possibly save the sims from it if at all possible.....thanks again you guys and gals....really appreciate the responses....tgdrysix

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 09, 13:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this thread a euphamism?

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 09, 23:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed OFB yesterday and got this too. John Burb rolled up a want to be friends with himself, I looked in his memory and sure enough, there's a 'Met John Burb'. It's not as if he doesn't know enough people or have enough friends already! Before I saw that want, I had sold his handheld game. Everything was fine and dandy, then I installed OFB and suddenly, this is happening again. I thought the handheld bug is back, but wait a minute, John had never even used it. I bought it for him just for the heck of it, but sold it in OFB because sim inventories are getting overcrowded with stocks of goods for sale, and I'm trying to have to scroll less Tongue.

Too bad SimPE for OFB isn't ready yet, but oh well, I'm treating it like a test game and if it blows up before I get to fix it, I still have a backup to go back to. Hopefully, that backup isn't corrupt and in danger of blowing up too Tongue.
Ashleigh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 10, 16:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH NOES.

Seriously, first thing that happened after I read this thread? My Sim got a memory of meeting herself.

*headdesk*
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 13, 08:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I know how this happened. It's caused by using electronic gadgets.

I sold all the handhelds but kept the MP3 players, removed TJ's 'Handheld & MP3 No Autonomy', and the sims who had a memory of meeting themselves had been autonomously listening to the music player when they were standing around with nothing to do. That's the only thing I can think of, that why sims in other families doesn't have it (because I haven't played them and gave them a chance to use the MP3), and why some sims in the same household had it but the rest don't.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 13, 08:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if its related at all or not but i just bought my sim their first mp3 palyer and now he goes around talking to a ball with a hat all the time!

Axe murdered since 2006
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 13, 08:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"a ball with a hat", I'm having trouble visualising it, but it sounds hilarious Cheesy.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 13, 08:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if its related at all or not but i just bought my sim their first mp3 palyer and now he goes around talking to a ball with a hat all the time!

isn't that the popularity aspiration failure behaviour?
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 13, 09:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"a ball with a hat", I'm having trouble visualising it, but it sounds hilarious Cheesy.
Yeah like that tom hanks movie where he was stranded on an island and was talking to a soccer ball with a face marked on it

And Im pretty sure hes not a popularity sim and his aspiration is in green and so is social, the thing is hes never done it prior to the getting the mp3 player.  Maybe just coincidence or glitch, his wife is family sim and everyone keeps getting luv hearts and fluttering around her like she's a romance sim.  It is the buggiest of all my lots but I love the family!

Axe murdered since 2006
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 13, 15:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you design the house?  If not, you might want to move the family out, bulldoze the lot, and rebuild.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 13, 15:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't you get floaty hearts around a thought balloon of a sim even if they're not a romance sim in NL? It could just mean they find her very attractive.

I have two fortune sims and two family sims that keep swooning and doing that "Ssst, hot!" thing they do to each other all the time.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 13, 16:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

apparently you can cause a met and fell in love with self by using the sim modder thats in debug. If you choose all to all I think and likes -  I got a fell in love with self, but it was weird because the sound and floaty icon it made was one of falling out of love, but the memory didnt indicate that, just that he was in love with himself. Last night I had him fall in love with another sim and it didnt seem to adversly effect him, yet anyway, we will see tonight when I play his lot from his point of view and look at his memories.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 13, 16:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that would be funny if he got furious with himself for cheating on himself.

*hums "You're So Vain*

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 13, 16:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I know how this happened. It's caused by using electronic gadgets.

I sold all the handhelds but kept the MP3 players, removed TJ's 'Handheld & MP3 No Autonomy', and the sims who had a memory of meeting themselves had been autonomously listening to the music player when they were standing around with nothing to do. That's the only thing I can think of, that why sims in other families doesn't have it (because I haven't played them and gave them a chance to use the MP3), and why some sims in the same household had it but the rest don't.

Yes I have read threads on this however...I have never bought these items for any of my sims....never ever ever....in this hood they don't even have cell phones yet....they are ya's in university....I used  delete all characters after I added uni and downtown....so I only have npc's plus the few sims I created in cas...20 in all.....I haven't install ofb yet either...I'm going to continue to "play" this  hood and get them graduated and just wait and see if it becomes a BFBVFS....I'm kinda planning on using it as a "test" hood anyway for when I install ofb cause after reading all the threads here on it I may need to do this to learn how it works.... Undecided....at least most of the hacks will be or already are ready for when I do install it  Grin....tgdrysix

Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 13, 19:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim meet himself before Uni even came out.  My Johnny Depp sim was woohooing with his wife in the hot tub and he suddenly jumped out with the cheat symbol above his head and started slapping her.  When I looked in his memories, I saw "Met Johnny Depp" and then the cheating memories.  It was like some bizarre out of body experience.  I never firgures out what cause it, it was a custom neighbourhood with about 25 CAS sims.  That house had no remote control car or hacked objects.  It was all very odd.

Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 14, 00:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that was caused pre Uni by switching sims while they were woohooing.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 14, 06:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you use Insiminator?  I've had that issue come up after I clicked "friends with everyone here" before.

It was late, I was bored; I wanted to see what would happen when I played with random settings in my test hood.

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 14, 09:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was quite a while ago, but IIRC, it was Uni that introduced the 'met self' and have a crush on another sim they played the handheld with bugs, but then JMP came up with the handheld fix and all was well. Then the patch came out and supposedly fixed those 2 bugs, I haven't had a sim meeting themselves since then. Then we got a new one about 'making out with self', which as mentioned, was supposedly caused by switching sims in romantic interactions. So, ok, I stuck to one sim initiating all the romantic advances and no trouble. Then OFB came along, some sim used the MP3 and suddenly, sims are meeting themselves left, right and centre. Naturally, I assumed the new EP broke what was fixed, but Tgdrysix says s/he hasn't installed OFB, it's still happening in NL without any electronic gadgets.

I have yet to try out the sim modder, but I do play in debug mode. So, what is going on here Huh?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: