More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 05, 22:20:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Movement Mod/Hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Movement Mod/Hack  (Read 6983 times)
Moonshires
Blathering Buffoon

ESTJ

View Profile
Movement Mod/Hack
« on: 2006 March 08, 22:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er..hi.  I'm kinda new here, been lurking about for a few weeks and finally decided to stop.

I've got some questions/requests.

1) Teleportation - I've seen hacks/mods that let any sim use the teleport feature but, what I'd rather see is an 'unlockable' teleport movement feature.  Basically, once you unlock it by meditating, you can use it all the time, without having to meditate each time.

2) Fly - Is there any way possible to make or unlock the flight animation, so that you could choose to "Fly to [community/downtown/ofb] lot"?  It'd be like your super sim flying off to work and landing near the phone booth in the destination lot.

I've no idea if these are even possible but, I figured the worst that could happen by asking is someone makes fun of me, and hey, everyone deserves a good being made fun of now and then.

~Moon
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
Re: Movement Mod/Hack
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 09, 00:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe some talented simmer could make a superman costume to go with 2) maybe modified captain underpants (whatzhisname)

and if they havent done it already someone is probably working on your first one.

Welcome aboard, Im not making fun of you.

Axe murdered since 2006
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 09, 00:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moonshires, the only integrated teleport hack I know of is at VS made by Dizzy2. Maxed out sims will be able to teleport at will. It got broken with NL though and it was never updated. It does work with the base game and Uni though.

As far as flying is concerned, the only thing even close to it is a mod by Carrigon at

http://www.sims2workshop.com/forums/index.php

It, however, does only allow simmies to fly around the same way the vampires do. They can't 'fly' to community lots, just fly around in them so to speak.

By the way, you have to register at Carrigon's site to be able to download.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 09, 01:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're talking about the mod that lets you teleport at will for maxed logic sims, I never had a problem with it in NL.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 09, 01:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my Sims teleport all over the place, all the time, and I've only had maybe one or two meditate (for a few seconds, far too boring).  I ... er ... use the Sims version of the Insim.  All I do is click anywhere on the floor, click "Teleport Here" and off they go.  Even toddlers can do it.  I just don't have the patience to wait for them to walk everywhere, plus it's handy when you have townhouses, they can go from ground floor to 5th floor in a split second.  No way am I waiting while they climb all those stairs.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Moonshires
Blathering Buffoon

ESTJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 09, 01:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, that's the thing Ancient, I used to have that version of InSim.  I got rid of it because it made the game way to easy for me, and I got bored playing.

While I do use a lot of Pescado's and TJ's hacks, I only use the ones that get rid of/modify annoyances, not out and out 'cheats'.  Having a teleport that only unlocks after you've already unlocked the 'standard' teleport is an out and out cheat, since I'm asking for it to be made to where you don't have to meditate anymore.  But...I'd still have to get my sims to work for it (by meditating), and certain sims (the really playful ones), would never have access to it.  I like variety in my game and my sims.  If they all can do the exact same thing, in every household on every lot, then I very quickly get bored.

I orignally thought that maybe the flight ability could only be accessed after first reaching the top of the law enforcement career (like it is now), then stay 'unlocked' for that sim only no matter what career they changed to.  For the downtown/community lot movement/transfer, I was thinking it'd probably have to be a type of taxi/carpool hack or something.  I'm totally clueless about this sort of thing.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 09, 02:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lucky Charlenie, mine broke with NL, I even tried a re-download. Oh well, my simmies just have to run a lot (as in always) now.

Ancient, I wouldn't mind to have this feature, but I don't want the insim. I'm too cowardly to install such a huge mod. But you are certainly right, it was nice to have them teleport everywhere, it saved a huge amount of time. My problems with 'meditate' are the same as yours, it bores me to tears.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 09, 03:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I occasionally get my pregnant sims to meditate during the entire pregnancy. It keeps their mood stable and gets their meditation skill up for teleporting.
Moonshires
Blathering Buffoon

ESTJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 09, 03:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, sitting around waiting for them to meditate enough can be boring.  But, I've got  a sim couple that meditates together in their garden at the same time every day.  It always makes me grin when they simultaneously do the "ooohhhmmm" sound together.

What?  Yes, I already know I'm weird, thanks.   Grin
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 09, 03:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims don't get that kind of easy life LOL. They work on their painting/writing/whatever skills until they are ready to drop (either the kid or themselves). I do however, let my elders meditate a lot. I must confess though, that is mainly to get them out of the way. That'll change with the new ep though, no doubt.

You think that makes you weird? Funny Moonshire Wink

Moonshires
Blathering Buffoon

ESTJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 09, 04:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well...I could just launch into a disertation about how weird I am (or can get) but...that's always best left to be decided by the observer.  Hehe.

My sim couple is actually very young.  They did some heavy skilling as teens and YAs, and then focused on only obtaining their LTWs.  Once that was done (1 wanted 7 maxed skills, so he stayed home and studied...cooking first, and the other wanted to be a mad scientist).  They're both very young yet, in fact, part of my goal with them is to never let them get past 20 days until their next age transition (they use a lot of Elixirs of Life, usually taking a drink once every three days, and since they're perma-plat in asp, it's always effective).

They're also the first 100% no-cheat sims I've made...not counting some of the kick-ass mods/hacks from here, which I don't consider cheating, just more efficient. 

And actually, I have to blame/thank Pescado for it.  I didn't know the no20khandout was included in the OFB's DC pack, and got a little bit of a shock when after those two sims graduated, they each had roughly 7k simoleons.  I came here trying to figure out why that happened.  When I read about the hack, I decided I'd already spent to much time on them to just ditch them and start over, and I've always always always hated using the kaching/motherlode codes.  So...I plopped down that long and norrow first cheap plot, built a really effecient (and cheap) cottage for them (managed to make it 2 stories and keep it under 4k).  Moved the first one in, then combined the households and ran with it.  After buying the absolute bare essentials, my mad scientist want sim lucked out and got the job as the second choice from the paper.   Smiley

They've both maxed out all 'normal' skills and have started on the 'hidden' skills (teleporting, dancing, pool), and the OFB workstations.  Oh..and after reading something somewhere (I forget where now), they've been starting to collect all the job outfits by working through each career (thus unlocking each and every careeer reward as they go).

I'm honestly having a blast playing them 'cheat' free.  I keep saying that, even though I know some people would say that using any mods/hacks is cheating...but considering before OFB I freely InSiminated my sims any way I wanted (asp, personality, interests, etc), this is far from cheating IMO.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 09, 07:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And actually, I have to blame/thank Pescado for it.  I didn't know the no20khandout was included in the OFB's DC pack, and got a little bit of a shock when after those two sims graduated, they each had roughly 7k simoleons.  I came here trying to figure out why that happened.  When I read about the hack, I decided I'd already spent to much time on them to just ditch them and start over, and I've always always always hated using the kaching/motherlode codes.  So...I plopped down that long and norrow first cheap plot, built a really effecient (and cheap) cottage for them (managed to make it 2 stories and keep it under 4k).  Moved the first one in, then combined the households and ran with it.  After buying the absolute bare essentials, my mad scientist want sim lucked out and got the job as the second choice from the paper.   Smiley
Isn't that more interesting that way? I mean, since when did college students graduate with oodles and oodles of money? Hell no. A goodly number of them wind up starving to death in the street!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 09, 07:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my Sims teleport all over the place, all the time, and I've only had maybe one or two meditate (for a few seconds, far too boring).  I ... er ... use the Sims version of the Insim.  All I do is click anywhere on the floor, click "Teleport Here" and off they go.  Even toddlers can do it.  I just don't have the patience to wait for them to walk everywhere, plus it's handy when you have townhouses, they can go from ground floor to 5th floor in a split second.  No way am I waiting while they climb all those stairs.

That's what I would suggest, too.  While I had a bit of a problem with the *ahem* nameless mod, I haven't ever had a problem with Insiminator.  I don't think to use the teleportation thing all the time, but it sure is handy for getting toddlers around!  I hate having to wait on them to crawl or toddle somewhere (although it's super cute!), and I really don't like parents having to tote them up and down stairs, so they just *zap* here and there.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 09, 16:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think to use the teleportation thing all the time, but it sure is handy for getting toddlers around!  I hate having to wait on them to crawl or toddle somewhere (although it's super cute!), and I really don't like parents having to tote them up and down stairs, so they just *zap* here and there.

I actually make use of stairs to keep my toddlers out of trouble. Put the toddlers and the stuff they need to be able to access on a separate floor from everything else and voila. They have plenty of toys and a bottomless bottle to keep them busy, and if it's time for training or diaper changes or their social is low I send someone to go tend to them, but I don't have to keep them out of the toilet and they aren't constantly tugging on someone's leg.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Moonshires
Blathering Buffoon

ESTJ

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 09, 21:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A goodly number of them wind up starving to death in the street!

I know a lot of people that should happen to....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: