More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 23:23:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB Restocking price errors
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB Restocking price errors  (Read 1979 times)
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
OFB Restocking price errors
« on: 2006 March 07, 21:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I offer a variety of crafted robotic products in my store, US Robotics.  I placed 2 HydroBots, 2 CleanBots, 2 SentryBots, and 2 Munchibots for sales, at prices from "cheap" (HydroBots) to "Expensive" (Munchibots).  I then let one of my Servos restock the store.  He has a Gold restocking badge, so this should have been fast and error free.

Except that it wasn't.  As I sold items, my Servo sometimes replaced HydroBots with CleanBots, CleanBots with HydroBots, SentryBots with MunchiBots, and MunchiBots with SentryBots.  Basically it only matched broad class (rover or hover), not correct type.  Which is undesirable, but what's worse is that the prices did not change.  I had a "cheap" CleanBot priced at $480, which is $320 below wholesale, and $80 below manufacturing cost.

I could fix the prices by using the Pricing tool to mark the item as not-for-sale, and then repricing it.  Since this is a manual process, it destroys the point of the automated restocking.

I don't know if this affects stocking of other types of crafted items, but I'd guess it does.  Until this is fixed, the best solution seems to be to only sell one type of rover / hover bot each.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: OFB Restocking price errors
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 07, 21:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it has anything to do with those bots sharing the same type of docking base. Still, the game should be able to differntiate them.  Undecided

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: