More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 00:23:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Weak in Math...:)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weak in Math...:)  (Read 14846 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Weak in Math...:)
« on: 2006 March 07, 06:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, if anyone can explain to me the calculation of the income, I'll thank him forever...Smiley

Yesterday I built a house business. Put there several statues, toys and flowers. Not much.

Also, I put the Electronic Ticket Machine, to enable charge per hour from the customers for staying in my lot.

I had 5-6 customers, 3 of which I gave a  VIP entrance (free of paying per hour).

I hired Lisa, the florist, and payed her 25$ (overpaid).

3 customers bought 3 bouquets, on which I put "cheap" price.

The store was open from 10 AM to 9 PM (because I didn't know when to close).

My cash flow for the day was  14,850$!!!

I earned too a perk option, and choosed the Le Tourneau Price for starting businesses.

well - what is the calculation of the income?...Smiley

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Re: Weak in Math...:)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 07, 06:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, to be honest.

Cassandra and Darren Goth have a home business, a combined florist/robot shop (which so far looks downright ugly as I haven't mastered the new building options yet).  They're charging average prices for things (15-17% above wholesale), selling quite well, and the kids Victor and Prudence are running a lemonade stand.  Cassandra and Darren have both earned bronze talent badges for their various endeavours (flower arranging and sales for Cass, robotics for Darren)

Over 2 days of business, I've made a 6,000 simoleon loss on the business, while they're within a whisker of getting to level 2.

<insert witty comment here>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 07, 06:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cash flow for the day was  14,850$!!!

I earned too a perk option, and choosed the Le Tourneau Price for starting businesses.
The "Le Tourneau Prize" is basically a cash influx, so taking that perk instantly gives you more money. That's probably what your cashflow comes from, since I certainly can't imagine $14850 cashflow on just that level of traffic from the few sales you made and the charge-by-time alone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 07, 06:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is probably just more evidence that I suck. Cheesy

<insert witty comment here>
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 07, 06:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, something sounds off. Maybe a glitch? The Le Tourneau prize is only $1,000. So you had 3 paying customers? How long did they stay on your lot? How much were you charging per hour?

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 07, 08:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they bought something really expensive, or you sold off an expensive object. In a business lot, anything you to do that causes your cash balance to change shows up as cashflow change.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 07, 08:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the beginning, I charges 243$, but when I saw customers standing near the ticket machine long time, I reduced it to 193$ per hour.

I had 3 best friends among the visitors, which I gave VIP entrance (without pay).

2 customers bought the big floral arrangement from the "buy objects", for which they payed 143$ each. 1 customer bought my sim flower arrangement for 38$ (cheap), reduced from 41$. That's all the sales I made this day.

1 VIP customer stayd all openning hours; the other two - 5-6 hours.

Today I am going to pay poor Lisa the max wage - 25$ for all day is nothing...

I will report the second day of the business, I am quite curious where from all this money came. Does environment add points? my environment is full green (no cheats).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 07, 08:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not $25 a day, that's $25 an hour.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 07, 09:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, JMP - I thought something is weird in this salary.

This is my business - very humble...Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 07, 09:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And there you have it. Those figures clearly mean nothing because as the picture shows, GALI IS CLEARLY CHEATING OUTRAGEOUSLY AND DOING GODKNOWSWHAT TO HER GAME!

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 07, 10:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, if your business is humble, mine is outrageously humble!!! Geez, I shld post a picture. On my notebook now where there are no sims  Angry

And what's up with empty shelves? Are you selling the shelves?

Nice sim hair by the way...  Grin

Go Away
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 07, 10:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JMP, I already admitted that I cheat, but mainly using motherlode...Smiley. And nothing wrong keeping the motives maxed. These are my only cheats.

Jysudo, the empty shelves are there because I couldn't  put on the low shelf any object, don't know why.

All the objects on the shelves are done by my sims.

It  IS humble, and doesn't cost much...Smiley. It's just decorated well...Smiley
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 07, 11:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh goodness, that's not humble. My poor hippie couple (with child, twins, and until recently day jobs) are trying to run a flower/new age shop. It's a 6x3 box with two sets of shelves, a couple of pedastals to put crystals on, and a cash register. Very very minutely bigger than the 2 small lots you can buy. There's no decorations. Just paint, wallpaper, doors and windows.

I can't figure out where all those numbers on that screen are coming from either. They don't seem to make much sense at all. I do know restocking or setting prices seems to cost a lot, enough to send me into the red (I don't have any employees). Opening for a few hours with 2 customers at a time (I got a bad review the first hour I was open :p so only get 2 at once now - I hope that goes away eventually :p) puts me in the green. I can't at all figure out where the actual amounts are coming from tho.

Unsouper
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 07, 13:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jysudo, the empty shelves are there because I couldn't  put on the low shelf any object, don't know why.

You can't fill the lower shelves until the upper shelves are filled.  Fill the upper shelves with something, then fill the lower, then move the items from the upper shelves to another and repeat the process.  Once you have items for sale on the lower shelves you can restock without this issue.  It's just filling them the first time.

I also love your Sims hair.  Where'd you get it?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 07, 13:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't fill the lower shelves until the upper shelves are filled.  Fill the upper shelves with something, then fill the lower, then move the items from the upper shelves to another and repeat the process.  Once you have items for sale on the lower shelves you can restock without this issue.  It's just filling them the first time.

Thank you so much speedreader - I have many many deeds in my sims inventory...Smiley.

About the hair - "kill" me if I remember  Grin Grin - but I'll enter the bodyshop and the CAS to see if there is some notice...Smiley.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 07, 13:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found the source of the hair - was linked there through SimShowcase:

http://www.sussissogoodsims2.com/

I found there a big treasure of nice hair...Smiley

Search in the Free Area.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 07, 13:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much speedreader - I have many many deeds in my sims inventory...Smiley.

About the hair - "kill" me if I remember  Grin Grin - but I'll enter the bodyshop and the CAS to see if there is some notice...Smiley.
it's the dickens hair for all ages by sussi .

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 07, 16:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JMP, I already admitted that I cheat, but mainly using motherlode...Smiley. And nothing wrong keeping the motives maxed. These are my only cheats.
(my emphasis)

Boosting mood & money - What other cheats ARE there?  Tongue  Wink

Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 07, 16:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the beginning, I charges 243$, but when I saw customers standing near the ticket machine long time, I reduced it to 193$ per hour.

I had 3 best friends among the visitors, which I gave VIP entrance (without pay).

2 customers bought the big floral arrangement from the "buy objects", for which they payed 143$ each. 1 customer bought my sim flower arrangement for 38$ (cheap), reduced from 41$. That's all the sales I made this day.

1 VIP customer stayd all openning hours; the other two - 5-6 hours.

Today I am going to pay poor Lisa the max wage - 25$ for all day is nothing...

I will report the second day of the business, I am quite curious where from all this money came. Does environment add points? my environment is full green (no cheats).

Something is still wrong or you haven't included everything - what you have listed simply doesn't add up. Remember cash flow is sales - cost of goods -  the overall profit, not just revenue. According to your figures, even your revenue alone doesn't add up to $14,850:

Your revenue would be at a MAXIMUM:

11 hours x 3 customers x $243/hr = $8019
2 bouquets x $143 = $286
1 bouquet x $38 = $38
Le Tourneau Prize = $1000

So total REVENUE could be at maximum $9,343. 
And then for cash flow you have to subtract the cost of the flowers and your employee at $25/hr.

I'd say it's possibly a glitch or the result of cheatyness.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 07, 17:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly the motherlode was counted when the game did its figuring?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 07, 18:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see JMP succeeded to convince you, that I cheated in this case, when I really am innocent here...Smiley

I use Motherlode only when I create a family, because I hate poverty and ugly homes. I put the family in an empty lot, give it about 1 and a half million dollars, and pull it back to the family bin.
The new house costst 528,000$, so they are left 900,000$.

From then on - I NEVER tiouch motherlode again. I even try to reach the basis of 1.5 million with which they started. I know they have enough money to live, so I can concentrate on another issues.

The business I openned costed 10,000$, and now I reached rate 3, and it costs 15,000$. I didn't use any money cheat in this case!!! I got 3 perk options, all because my sims were doing the right thing: talking with the customers, joking, dancing - and the husband was even a personal trainer to a visitor. So, I pay the visitors a lot of attention, and they like it. That's why they stay so long in my lot (from 10 AM to 10 PM).

I didn't use the motherlode here - believe me! They had enough money to live a long time.

Sheesh...Smiley - unbelievers...Smiley.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 07, 19:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It really doesn't matter to me whether or when you used it (I use it myself to set up some households); I went by the fact that you said yourself that you had used it, and I didn't know whether it was while the business was in operation or earlier. Since it was earlier, then it wouldn't have figured in, but if it had been done on the business lot I would have been more surprised if the game didn't include it.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 07, 19:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was the excess flow from building and stuff?

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 07, 20:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was the excess flow from building and stuff?

I really don't know - I know only that I didn't touch the motherlode after I bought the expensive house. The investment was 10,000$, and now I have 14,000$ in two days. No motherlode involved.
FroggySim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 07, 20:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think my game has some math issues as well.
It stated that my expenses were 6000 $ and that I earned 500 $. Totally fine, it was my first day at the shop. But, it says the cash flow is + 6500, which is so not true!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: