More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 07:27:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Reporters not reporting?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reporters not reporting?  (Read 13335 times)
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
Reporters not reporting?
« on: 2006 March 07, 01:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As if OFB didn't have enough annoyances, right?  Undecided

So, I found the Reporter on my first business lot that I've opened, writing away on his clipboard. I think, "Okay, the Prima guide claims that the Reporter only needs to gain 100 Customer Loyalty points (enough for the first Star)." So, I go over and Dazzle said Reporter, he gains a Star, and immediately decides he wants to check out. After checking out, he leaves. End of story. No Good Review, no Bad Review; he just leaves.

This is really frustrating me, as my business owner keeps rolling the want to win a "Best of the Best Award." Plus, I want to plant a few of those awards around the store because, according to the Prima guide, Sims who view them will gain a jump-start to their Buy bar on the next item they browse.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Reporters not reporting?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 07, 01:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly, he will stay for 5 hours and if in that time he doesn't get +100 or -100 then he'll leave without writing a review. If he left in less than 5 hours without writing a review something is definitely wrong though

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 07, 02:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the Prima guide mentions an invisible "Shopping" want that all Sims now possess and the goal of a business owner is to not complete satisfy that want. Apparently a Sim whose Shopping want is nowhere near filled will get larger starting bonuses to their Buy bars than one whose Shopping want is almost satisfied. Perhaps the Reporter I had didn't have much of a Shopping want in the first place? I dunno.

I had another Reporter on another lot earlier today who gained three Customer Loyalty Stars within 3 hours, stayed for the other 2, and still left without giving a review.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 07, 02:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have played my home business lot to a full 10 stars and have yet to see the reporter.  I thought it had to do with it being a home business, then my son downloaded my house lot for the exact home and made abusiness on it.  Bingo! Reporter! 

Oh well, at least he didn't have a sim spontaneuosly combust and have to have the Hydrobot put him out.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 07, 02:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad someone mentioned this. In my first ever shop in downtown I got the reviewer twice. First time good, second time bad. Next, I open a shop which I build myself in Pleasantview and no reviewer until star 10! A guy comes in writing on his clipboard and I dazzle him etc etc. He leaves happy but no report! Frustrating.

I will try again with my real estate business in Blue Water.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 07, 03:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may have seen him and not known it. I think everyone has the same Bluewater npcs and if so he has red hair and that weird pony tail with the sides shaved hairdo. He'll be scribbling on a pad and paper.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 07, 03:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one just after my shop opened and I didn't know who she was and I got a bad review.  I mean gimme a break my poor sim was still trying to learn how to work the cash register. Huh

Axe murdered since 2006
straycat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 07, 03:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one just after my shop opened and I didn't know who she was and I got a bad review.  I mean gimme a break my poor sim was still trying to learn how to work the cash register. Huh

Same here! It's terrible. My Sim was simply too busy with so many customers in the newly opened shop. The business is doing so well now. I wonder if there is a way to get rid of a bad review. Will another reporter come by or are we stuck with that initial bad review for all eternity? *weeps*
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 07, 03:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't ever gotten any report, but I have gotten several Best of the Best awards from my reporter.

wait!!! Maxis would never mes up something so vital!!! YOU BASTARDS HAS HAXX!!!

sorry...

channelling the BBS.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 07, 04:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: Where is this "star 10" crap coming from? Last time I checked, customers only had 5 slots for positive Customer Loyalty stars...

And, although I appreciate the input that people have been having regarding the Reporter working in their game, that doesn't really help me now, does it?  Undecided

EDIT: D'oah...you meant Business Level 10...  Cheesy
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 07, 04:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First reporter I had gave my Diva's home-based business a bad review, even though the lot was absolutely full of entertainment, entire floor devoted to refreshments, extremely comfortable seating ... then I'm playing my newly-graduated Fortune female who immediately wants to buy a community lot.  She buys the cheapest one available, hires a townie with a Silver Badge in flower-arranging and while he's furiously making bouquets, she pops a few cheapie vases and plants onto the stands from the catalogue, while this builder person adds a little shack with a toilet, plus a cheapy picnic table, a barbeque, a swingset and a bubble-blower.  The reporter is going around with positive signs all over the place, stops to have a quick swing, then tells my Sim he thinks her business is top-notch and he's giving her a great review.  No stars, though.  I reckon the whole thing is totally random.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 07, 04:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TheCheat, I've had this problem too. Actually, I've only ever gotten one review (home business, positive). Other than that the reporter shows up, scribbles, racks up 2-3 loyalty pts, scribbles, makes a purchase, then leaves without giving a review. I know I've met the criteria to receive reviews, dammit.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 07, 04:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that sneak bastard reviewer spy through a window outside of the building on numerous occassions, completely out of sight, then come into view and give a bad reveiw.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 07, 04:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a reporter the very first time I tried to do a business... it was that florist lady.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 07, 04:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had two reviews...

The first one I had, the business had only been open a couple of days and my sim was still trying to find his feet. Needless to say the review was a bad one!  Tongue

The second review was when the business reached a 10 ranking and had been open for a few weeks. This time the review was a glowing one  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 07, 04:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first review was a great one. I got that award and placed it on my wall. Sims seem to like seeing it, and it helps my rating too.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 07, 06:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first business, first day, got a Best of the Best Award without even knowing what she was doing. I think it was because the environment score was so high (surrounded by masterpieces).

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 07, 06:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the reporter leaves and you get do not get a good or bad review, it meant you got a "meh" review that was neither good nor bad.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 07, 22:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what do you have to do to get a good report? I dazzled the reporter sucessfully and talked to him socially. Appreciated him. I made sure he got personal service from my sim at the register (she's a gold medal check out chick) and did everything but kiss his butt.

sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 07, 23:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pucker up next time.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 07, 23:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, pucker buttercup.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 07, 23:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but the second review I got, which was a glowing one BTW, I didn't even realise the reporter was on the business lot until I got the pop up that told me about the good review!

So, I don't think puckering up works (unless one of my other non controllable sales staff kissed arse big time while I wasn't looking?  Grin

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 07, 23:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He was the second customer on the opening night of my home bakery.  Micha Eliza joked with him for a while then tended another customer.  She worked on her sales skills with him so he wound up buying a few things, hung around for a long time (always getting in the way since the bakery is small), then gave her a great review.

I had no idea who he was until he pulled out his clipboard.

Maybe he liked the jokes she told him...
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 08, 00:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the reporter leaves and you get do not get a good or bad review, it meant you got a "meh" review that was neither good nor bad.

So we're to assume that the Prima guide's info concerning the Reporter and how many Customer Loyalty points he/she needs to gain is BS?
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 08, 02:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been hassling the Electronic Boutique guys about the Prima guide and 'James' just told me that boxes have arrived, he hasn't had a chance to open them but to call back in 2 hrs. So hopefully in 2 hrs time I'll be in my car driving to the store to get a copy of my guide. I hope it explains all.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: