More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 11:47:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Servo "Do Chores"
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Servo "Do Chores"  (Read 66713 times)
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
Re: No Servo "Do Chores"
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 23, 18:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The newest maxis patch has a fix in for servo. It claims that now servo will not pop up the DoChores and insert itself into queues with 'free will' off.

Does this in any way conflict with your fix JM? I'd rather not take it out, but I do want to patch OFB, especially the car->community lot bug.

Edit: Ah well, nevermind. A few friends tell me that they haven't any problems with it, so I'll just leave it in for now. If my neighborhood goes down in flames, meh, so what. I just either junk it or install the back-up over it. Here's to pushing the button.

He replied to this in one of the patch discussion threads.  This still kills do chores altogether, but it doesn't really conflict per se.  It's just that Servo won't decide to do chores with autonomy off by default.
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 23, 23:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM can you look and see if this (although I am sure it doesnt) affects any of the servo's ability to sleep during the day? I am just checking my mods one by one to try and figure out which one is causing it.

My servo can no longer sleep while anyone else on lot is awake, only when everyone else is asleep and then oddly enough sleeps all night instead of just to recharge. The other mods I have in are toddler/elder sleep through night and no auto napping. Its probably those and I will be reporting there as well I just want to ask you also, to see if there is a conflict or some bizarre effect on the sleep code in do chores.

I use this No Do Chores hack but I don't have any of the sleeping hacks you describe, and my Servos sleep just fine.  They can sleep at any time and will continue to sleep until Power is full, and then they get up regardless of what time it is.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 24, 05:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He replied to this in one of the patch discussion threads.  This still kills do chores altogether, but it doesn't really conflict per se.  It's just that Servo won't decide to do chores with autonomy off by default.

I know he did, Ruann. I usually try keep my eyes on all related threads after I post a question. Hence my edit. I mostly play with free will on, that was my only concern. But thank you for re-stating it.

It doesn't conflict at all, by the way. I took your word for it JM, and no explosions yet Cheesy

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 April 04, 21:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure what to do about this.  I took it out because it stopped the servos doing chores on other lots when they were visiting and I really liked that, but now I'm back to them getting pushed into doing chores all the time when they're on their own lots.  Is it possible for it to just apply to their own lot, so they can still do chores for other people?  (Well, why not, they are robots after all).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 April 05, 02:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient, Squinge did one too.  From what I read his only affects them while they are in a shop or visiting.  You can get it at MTS2.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 April 05, 13:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, Squinge's is the opposite to what I want.  His stops them doing chores when they're out and about, whereas I want them to continue helping out when they're visiting and just not have to do them at home.  We have Macrotastics for that.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 April 05, 17:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well then I suggest you do a request for that to Squinge too.  He seems really into new mods these days.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 April 30, 21:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If robots don't wear clothes, they shouldn't change into formal when attending a wedding.  I just saw this happen in my game today, and it looked weird, to say the least....

Karen
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 May 30, 19:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a change apperance on a buyable servo I downloaded from Monique to see what would happen.  He now has a regular Sim head on a Servo body.  Now that looks weird.  Any idea how to get his servo head back?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 May 30, 21:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put a servo through the clothing tool and ended up with the same thing - and as far as I can figure, there was no way to get it back. 

Sorry, Rainbow.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 May 30, 22:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah well.  This is a test neighborhood anyway.  I'll remember not to do that in the future. 

Thanks, Ness.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 November 03, 13:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the necromancy, but I figure keeping all discussion on hack topics in one place is better.

Anyway, does this also stop Servo's annoying tendency to cook a meal every time someone on the lot has even a mild drop in hunger score?  I don't know if this is something new since BV or just something that is happening more often or whether I've just noticed.

Baaa! in Advance
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 November 03, 14:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, food-obsession is one of Servo's "chores", leading him to first waste your food and then clean it up again. I would recommend also autonomous-locking the kitchen. I hate food.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: