More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:35:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bed Side Fix
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bed Side Fix  (Read 36771 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Bed Side Fix
« on: 2007 September 15, 06:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, even though there was nothing wrong with it before, Maxis fucked with it and broke it.

bedsidefix.zip

Bed Side Fix for TS2BV
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness
Rohina the Ugly Butted

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

BUGS FIXED:
Fixes bug with double beds where sims no longer are capable of remembering
which side is theirs, instead always going for the same side of the bed when
trying to sleep, even if specifically told to go for the other side.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. For TS2BV.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Bed Side Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 15, 08:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed this - I wondered if it was a glitch with the BV beta ACR. So it was EAxis. Well, well, well.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Deagh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 15, 21:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Pescado - this was bugging the hell out of me.  There's the obvious "My side of the bed" issue, plus the time it takes for the stupid little sim to go to the right side of the bed, realize "oops, there's someone there", and then go to the other side.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 15, 21:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't take long when they're running!

Zephyr Zodiac
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 15, 22:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The BedGlobals code is way too fucked up for there to be a legit "their" side. The issue is moot. This whole ownership issue should be handled with Inge-style ownership.

Deagh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 15, 22:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The BedGlobals code is way too fucked up for there to be a legit "their" side. The issue is moot. This whole ownership issue should be handled with Inge-style ownership.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I am clearly not awesome.  I don't mean anything the game handles.  I mean when I send them to bed I click one side of the bed for one of them, and the other for the other.  Before, they went to the side I clicked on.  Now, with this hack, they do again.  It's a minor thing, I know, but it was annoying me.
Xylune
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 15, 23:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what we'd do without you.  Maxis is always in such a hurry to pump out expansions they never fully test them, and it sucks to wait for them to stop focusing on the next ep to patch the errors in their recent release.  Thank you so much for developing all of these fixes!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 15, 23:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps we should say "some of the errors!  Some errors from the base game are still with us, I fear. Wink

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 16, 02:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't even really matter how the ownership works, what matters is that even if you TELL them which side to use, they won't. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 16, 20:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TJ's Smart Beds works well for me.  You can use the option to delete all bed ownership and start again.  (Useful when a teen goes to college and you want to move another kid into their bed.)  But as to the side of the bed they use, as long as they each have a "their" side, it doesn't really matter, does it?

Zephyr Zodiac
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 20, 20:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks again for educating the lowly stupid with your fixes.  I noticed this problem and thought it was my stupid cursor giving the wrong sides. Or just stupid me. Now I know it was stupid Maxis borkiness. LOL!  Grin

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 20, 23:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was this also borked in Seasons and i'm just not finding the fix for it in the Hack Directory?  Or did i just get lucky and get the rare game.

Since i installed Seasons recently (no PETS EP) i'm getting couples who go to the wrong side of the double bed than i click on (and for single beds, if the bedroom is on a different floor from where they started at, they'll go to their bed, then stop and it drops out of their queue).  I don't have BV, so unless i hear someone give the all-clear, i won't get this.  I don't have any hacks dealing with bed ownership (checked 3 times).

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 03, 09:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this issue in seasons also and decided to try this - doesn't work without BV for me.  Just causes the sim to jump out of the sleep action.  I'm not reporting this as a problem as I know this wasn't intended for pre BV games - just as info for GayJohnScarrit or anyone else who wants to know.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 03, 09:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The issue simply doesn't EXIST in Seasons. If you're seeing it in Seasons, it's occurring for totally unrelated cases. In BV, the problem is not even just that they can't remember which side, but that even if you TELL them to use a specific side, they will insist on going to the other side half the time (one side becomes The One Side), and only when they discover it to be firmly in use will they circle around BACK, SLOWLY, the other side.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 03, 19:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was this also borked in Seasons and i'm just not finding the fix for it in the Hack Directory?  Or did i just get lucky and get the rare game.

Since i installed Seasons recently (no PETS EP) i'm getting couples who go to the wrong side of the double bed than i click on (and for single beds, if the bedroom is on a different floor from where they started at, they'll go to their bed, then stop and it drops out of their queue).  I don't have BV, so unless i hear someone give the all-clear, i won't get this.  I don't have any hacks dealing with bed ownership (checked 3 times).

I had the same issue as far as going upstairs to sleep and dropping the bed icon as soon as they were next to it. In one house, the daughter did that every night and would go over to sleep in the parent's bed, despite it being on the other end of that floor and HER bed being one step to her left. Fixed with sleepclocks for all! Mua ha ha. Now she's FORCED to sleep in her bed and I no longer find Mother sleeping in a child's pink castle bed.

Annoyingly enough, another house in another neighborhood (this one is one of the AwesomeSpec selections) appears to have too MANY bed choices. Father beelined for a single FutureSpawn bed in one room despite his wife being in a double bed across the way. He slept before I had time to stop him and now heads with single-minded determination to the same bed no matter how often I X out the icon. And yes, I'm using Syberspunk's vampire coffin fix and TwoJeff's smart beds.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 03, 20:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and TwoJeff's smart beds.

Make sure you have the latest version of that if you have BV.  Also, you can have the sim stand beside the bed, and click on the adjust/bed ownership menu on the sim to clear his ownership token.  Then have him go next to the bed you want him to sleep in, and then adjust/bed ownership/own this bed.

(P.S. -- this mod and TJ's smart beds conflict -- you can only have one or the other, not both.)

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
PlayBoyRobbie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 30, 18:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did the Patch fix this? or is it still messed up?
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 30, 22:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most recent BV patch does nothing bed-oriented. In fact, it only affects Controller_NPC_Pool, Controller_PeriodicEvents, and various PhoneCall objects.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: