More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 08:22:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Annoying jestures of CAS sims in OFB
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Annoying jestures of CAS sims in OFB  (Read 11498 times)
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
Re: Annoying jestures of CAS sims in OFB
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 06, 23:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "gesture" or action that annoys me is the sniffling.  It sounds like they have a runny nose and don't get a hankie, you know, just - sniffle.  I haven't been able to figure out what personality trait causes this, and I haven't seen anyone else discuss this, although I may have missed it.

The first time I saw Dina Caliente do her "lazy" spin, I thought she was going to fall over!  It was funny at first, but now I'm just used to it, so I don't think anything about it anymore.  Not amusing or bothersome for me.  The same with the armpit scratch.  Kind of bothered me at first, now I don't even think about it when they do it.

But I really hate the sniffling!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 07, 00:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim has taken up a new hobby of looking out of windows.  She has shop full of customers waiting to pay, but nooo, she wants to look out  the window. Shocked  There is NOTHING there I tells ya.

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 07, 03:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flowerchile, there are 2 options for doing that:

1) The Prima Guide says that customers buy more merchandise placed near the windows. How is your merchandise arranged? May be it's a hint.

2) You don't have enough light in your business.

I had this staring through windows in TS1 - didn't put enough windows and lights in my house. Suddenly I saw my sim starring through the window, but didn't know what it means. Then my sim passed to the dark side of the road, and stood there...Smiley. Now I understood the animation, and added lights to the rooms.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 07, 04:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim has taken up a new hobby of looking out of windows.  She has shop full of customers waiting to pay, but nooo, she wants to look out  the window. Shocked  There is NOTHING there I tells ya.

Turn the windows inside out. It stops them looking out and looks the same as long as they don't have shutters.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 07, 05:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the gestures thing, I think that there have been some new animations added for viewing art. Has anyone else noticed this? People spent a lot of time in Florence Delarosa's bathroom looking at the art in there, and they seem more invovled than before.
I've seen this for quite some time, when I actually let my sims be idle enough to do stuff on their own, and I didn't even have the NLp2 until last night.  So I don't think that was it.  The same thing for looking out windows.  I think it depends on the Sim's personality, mood, and what kind of fun objects you have in the house.  If they are serious, it could be that they enjoy looking out windows just as they enjoy reading a book as opposed to juggling cups like a playful sim.  It seems that I don't have sims looking out windows as much in my bigger, richer houses that have more "fun" type objects like big TVs, pool table, musical instruments, etc. 

I had a sim paint a nude painting of his wife when she was younger, and they hung it on their bedroom wall.  They seem obsessed with the thing.  Everyone in the whole family will go in there and look at it, talk about it, and the reactions range from appreciation, doubling over with laughter, or giving it a raspberry and thumbs down.  I think it's all random because it really doesn't make sense otherwise.  The artist was maxed in creativity, and I'm waiting to see how much the value of it goes up when he dies.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 07, 16:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if this is OFB related but I started to notice that when I'm not playing one of my sims and he shows up on a lot, he will go over to someone and say something to them or do something and the person will turn around with there arms crossed and shake their head. My sim would then give them a little shove. The shove is not the "annoy" action but a little shove as to say why are you ignoring me. Has anyone seen this?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 07, 19:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's usually caused when one sim wants to gossip with another sim, and the other sim doesn't have a high enough relationship with them to want to hear it.  They will turn their back on them and cross their arms.  I don't see this a lot since I work on my sims relationships keeping them high with autoyakyak and autosoc.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 08, 12:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flowerchile, there are 2 options for doing that:

1) The Prima Guide says that customers buy more merchandise placed near the windows. How is your merchandise arranged? May be it's a hint.

2) You don't have enough light in your business.

I had this staring through windows in TS1 - didn't put enough windows and lights in my house. Suddenly I saw my sim starring through the window, but didn't know what it means. Then my sim passed to the dark side of the road, and stood there...Smiley. Now I understood the animation, and added lights to the rooms.

Turn the windows inside out. It stops them looking out and looks the same as long as they don't have shutters.

Thanks guys, but I fixed it, well not really but I have free will OFF, so they do nothin' unless I tell them but I will try those ideas. Grin

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: