More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 10:59:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I thought that patch made cemetaries possible
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I thought that patch made cemetaries possible  (Read 7473 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
I thought that patch made cemetaries possible
« on: 2006 March 05, 20:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got around to moving out the goth tombstones to a cemetary (Dina's causing a ruckus). I avoided it before because when you had a sim go place the stones then leave, when you rentered the lot nothing was saved. You can see the stones if you make a sim visit, but nothing saves. I thought the patch fixed that? I don't really want a cemetary where sims rest eternally on the sidewalk.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: I thought that patch made cemetaries possible
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 05, 20:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that by using the game option to move the tombstones to the cemetery, they are automatically placed on the sidewalk because the game has no idea where the grieving Sim wants them placed.

I've used the inventory to subsequently move them from the sidewalk to where I wanted them, or just went into the build mode and set up the plots.  They remain where planted.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 05, 20:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You used the inventory by having the sim "place in inventory" and then clicked ground to "put dead aunty here"? That's what I did, when I renetered the lot it wasn't saved where I put them, and entering in build mode didn't show them, just like before the patch.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 05, 20:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you can't use live mode when setting up the stones.  You have to enter the Cemetary Lot like you would be revising it, adding something on it, like a window, or a fire.  Then save when you've placed and decorated accordingly.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 05, 22:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My stones don't show in build mode. That's why I had to try with a live sim.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 05, 22:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of moving a gravestone to a Sim's Inventory from the home lot, simply click on the stone with a Sim and select the (I think) "Move All to Community Lot" option. Then select what lot you want them on, save & exit, and enter that lot so you can position them accordingly.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 06, 18:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of moving a gravestone to a Sim's Inventory from the home lot, simply click on the stone with a Sim and select the (I think) "Move All to Community Lot" option. Then select what lot you want them on, save & exit, and enter that lot so you can position them accordingly.

I think that's what Sara Dippity is saying doesn't work.  I have the same problem - move the gravestones to a community lot (either with the move gravestones function or taking them there in an inventory - I've done it both ways), visit the lot with a sim of the family, place the gravestones - and ... it makes no difference.  Whenever I go back with another sim, the same sim or with a group even, the gravestones are back on the pavement (sidewalk) or, if I go in build mode, I can't see them.  I am very sad about this because I killed 7 Jack Thompsons for this very purpose and I was looking forward to visiting the cemetary and gloating.  As it is, I have moved them back with the last remaining Jack I resurrected as a zombie (for the time being).  However, I don't want to actually play his lot (and therefore get the gloat option), I just want him to be there in the background, limping into shot and groaning.

Inteen for AL, yay!
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 06, 18:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is odd.  I've set up family plots with fencing, flowers, etc. and have experienced no problems.  They are all still there - even after adding OFB.  I used the "move to cemetery" option then went into build mode.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 06, 20:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, that's how I did it, with "Move all to..."
I wonder if it's an occasional bug and i can move them back home and try again...
Maybe I'll remember to try tonight when I get home.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
birene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 06, 20:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try with a fresh community lot. Don't use any cheats when building the cemetary! Especially not change lot zoning.
That should do the deed.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 06, 20:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try with a fresh community lot. Don't use any cheats when building the cemetary! Especially not change lot zoning.
That should do the deed.

I don't think that can be it - thanks for responding though.  I tried it both with the cemetary lot that came with Downtown (Gothier Green Lawns) and a church I built - without any cheats.

Inteen for AL, yay!
birene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 06, 20:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. Well, I wouldn't trust the Maxis premade cemetaries, because it's likely they used cheats when building them, being unaware that this would render them useless.  ::)Strange that it didn't work with your fresh built church, though. I had the tombstones on the sidewalk problem at first too, because I had made a churchard on a residential lot and of course used change lot zoning, moveobjects on (moving the phone booth is bad bad bad!) etc. When I then tried with a fresh and clean lot it finally worked as it should.
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 07, 01:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh...maybe I didn't explain what I was saying clear enough. After you move the gravestones to the community lot, you need to exit your Sim's lot (saving) and load the cemetary in Edit mode. Trying to visit a cemetary with Sims to move gravestones will not work, as no data on the community lot is altered when visiting with a Sim. You have to enter it directly from the Neighborhood screen.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 07, 02:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, entering directly through the neighborhood screen in build mode does not show any tombstones.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 07, 04:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had this problem but I'm wondering if its the "move all to..."

I never use that option (I think I read some where that option was buggy) I only use "move to" and do them one at a time saving between moving each one.
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 07, 04:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only idea is that it could be a hack conflict. Gravestones appear just fine on community lots after I move them using the "Move all..." interaction and enter the lot in Build mode.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 07, 07:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think maybe it is because you are moving them from neighbourhood to downtown. I have seperate cemetaries for every neighbourhood and sub neighbourhood, and I always put the graves into the inventory and send the sim downtown to place them themselves. I haven't had any gravestone/urn problems whatsoever  Smiley

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 07, 09:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think maybe it is because you are moving them from neighbourhood to downtown. I have seperate cemetaries for every neighbourhood and sub neighbourhood, and I always put the graves into the inventory and send the sim downtown to place them themselves. I haven't had any gravestone/urn problems whatsoever  Smiley

No - that isn't it either.  My church is in my main neighbourhood.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 07, 12:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.. that is puzzling then. Huh

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 08, 22:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I tried again. I had a sim go to the lot, "move all tombstones back home", and when they were home, "move all tombstones" to the same lot. I entered the lot in build mode, and all the stones were back the way they originally were, as in the Tricou (or however you spell it" tombstones were in their original places, not even on the sidewalk, as if they had never been moved back home with the Goth stones. The Goth stones were nowhere to be seen.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 08, 22:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. I had that same problem pre-first patch also, but it's working fine for me now, or at least pre-second patch, pre-OFB, as I just killed off a couple Sims I was sick of and sent the stones to the Gothier Greens in the downtown. Arranged graves in build mode, and it's fine. But it did originally do exactly what you're saying after a fresh NL install without the patch.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 08, 22:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if I have to load and save the lot post patch, then move my stones in, then... Oh fuck it. I'll just leave them there, it's not for visiting anyway, I just want to park the stones for resurrection later. I think Dina and Morty make beautiful kids.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: