More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 01:50:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Perks
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Perks  (Read 6395 times)
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Perks
« on: 2006 March 08, 11:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do these bloody perks work exactly?  I know that you can pass them on to household members, but can you also pass them on to employees?  I can't seem to find any options for doing so.

I'm particularly wondering about the wholesale discount set of perks.  If you go down that route, is it only the playable business owner who can restock and get the discount, or does an employee who you've assigned to restock get the discount too?  I suspect not, which sucks and makes no sense.  Can anyone confirm?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Perks
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 08, 12:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Employees do get the discount, as the store (=owner) is paying for all of it.

Duh.
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 08, 12:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I realise that the store is paying!  I'm not talking about going through the wholesale buying system through the business tracker. What I'm asking is if an employee is assigned to restock rather than the business owner does he get the rising wholesale discounts associated with the perk?

I may well be being dense here, but I thought this was a reasonable enough question...
« Last Edit: 2006 March 08, 13:04:32 by Magwitch » Logged
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 08, 13:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In answer to your first question, once employees are promoted to management, you can "Pass Along" the perks to them. And I think the Wholesale perks are for the entire business (regardless of the buying/restocking method), but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 08, 13:20:15 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 08, 13:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, I expected that the "wholesale" perks would make the supplies for the craft tables cost less, but on another thread it sounded like that isn't true? Sad Anyone know? (I haven't actually looked). It seems like if you're buying vases or whatever to arrange flowers, you should be able to get those wholesale for a savings as well.

Unsouper
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 08, 13:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, I expected that the "wholesale" perks would make the supplies for the craft tables cost less, but on another thread it sounded like that isn't true? Sad Anyone know? (I haven't actually looked). It seems like if you're buying vases or whatever to arrange flowers, you should be able to get those wholesale for a savings as well.

Wholesale perks do not apply to craftable or point of sale restocking.  Only items bought through the catalog, AND if you have an employee assigned to restock, you get charged the same amount as if you restocked it.

About passing on perks you can only give them to family members or managers.
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 08, 13:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info!
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 09, 01:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pls note that it takes forever to pass along the perks and ur sim boss will lose the perks after passing it on.
so my advice is pass it on only when ur sim boss is about to die or something otherwise don't waste the time.

Go Away
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 09, 02:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont know where on earth people get this "The boss will lose its perks if he passes them on" business, but the fact of the matter, at least in my game, and with my sims, is that I can pass along the same perk as many hundred times as i want to, and I still get to keep it. Only thing that is the matter with the Pass Along system, is that it takes night on forever, (24+ hours) to pass one level of one type of perk along. But the perk stays with the sim that passes it along, and the other sim learn it as well, so now you have two sims with the same single level perk.

Yay for a waste of time,w hen you can get a shop to around 7 in the same amount of hours...

The perk stays.

Mkay?!!

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 09, 03:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read everywhere ...you are 1st person I read that said this isn't so.
I was at first going to take my own advice and wait till the boss is going to die of old age or something. Undecided

Go Away
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 09, 03:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I might as well put some flesh on my tale then...

I am building a minor robot army, to be suitable workers in my various businesses. They are from a family named Terminator Inc.

I started out with one, which i gave a home business, and put to work skilling up his robotics. Along the way he aquired basically every perk, except for the cash line. To get 20 perk points, i simply shut down the business, and reopened it again, as a new one. You get to keep the old perks, and can use the new points on the rest of the perks.

Well, once he had a gold badge, i had him make 7 other servos.

I activated one, and started to pass along perks. When i check the first ones perks, he still have all 20 of them and havent had to buy any of them again. When i close the business and start a new one with Number Two, because lets face it, doing a business from scratch is way faster to gain perks, than getting them passed along, he already started out with the 6 perks i had had the patience to pass along to him. So taht makes 20 with Number one, 6 passed along to Number Two, and still 20 with Number one.

Just for kicks, i activated another two servos, Number three and four, and had one and two teach a perk to each of them. Number one kept his 20, number two kept his 6, and three and four gained a new perk, as they could now asses mood of the customers.

So, in my observation, perks stay put.

Which also makes sense to me. i mean, teachers dont forget Chemistry 101 when they teach that to their class... Its the same here, you are passing along trade secrets, but that does not mean you mystically forget the things you yourself knew. (Sole exception to this rule, is that teachers seem to actually forget how to handle electronic equipment such as tv's, VCR's, DVD players and such items, the moment they graduate as teachers.... )

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 09, 04:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pretty much posted this in another thread but it fits here, here's it for anyone that wants perks passed along FAST.

Passing on perks can be quick and simple or hellish, i know because i did it for the daughter of one of my sims.  There also doesn't seem to be any kind of limit since i tried briefly the pass on when she was still a teenager.  It also does not remove the perks from the sim who's teaching.  The annoying part is that you are passing on only a single perk each time not the entire chain as you'd expect for a 24+ hour job.

To do it simple and probably cheating tell your sim to start the training, disable it and reenable it.  It will boost the bar by a decent amount.  Repeat this over and over and your sim will learn the perk in a couple hours.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 09, 04:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice trick there. Took me just under 3 hours to pass along a whole 5 string of perks. Thats a whole lot nicer than the 5 days nonstop chatting i would have had to endure fastforward through otherwise

Grin

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 09, 05:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice trick there. Took me just under 3 hours to pass along a whole 5 string of perks. Thats a whole lot nicer than the 5 days nonstop chatting i would have had to endure fastforward through otherwise

Grin

Oh yeah tell me about it, 24 hours is WAY too much.  Okay i understand if it's the entire chain but it's not its one single perk out of the entire lot.  I found it by acciedent while training up the perks, i noticed the bar jump a bit after i had to cancel the action momentarily to answer a phone or something.  So i then tested it out and sure enough it's a fast way to get em.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 09, 05:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the deal with the green beam shooting out of their eyes sometimes when passing on perks? It happens on occasion, and I can't figure out what triggers it, or if it's working.

The passee gets red minus signs above their head.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 09, 05:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I have been able to nail it down, it occurs when the relationship between the sim you have selected, and the one you try to pass a perk on to, dont have a very good relationship. I am not sure how good a relationship is needed for it to work, but I usually make them at least friends to begin with. After that they stop doing the gazerbeam, and start having a blue progressbar over the head of the sim that is getting lectured in the secrets of sim world business.

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 09, 06:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes sense. I've got a home robot business, and I had a teen do that to a couple of his sisters.

I've been so focused on everyone working on the business, I haven't payed much attention to their inter-family relationship scores.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: