More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 10:13:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB Shopping Districts... really necessary?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB Shopping Districts... really necessary?  (Read 11339 times)
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: OFB Shopping Districts... really necessary?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 06, 23:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also helps that I have SimCity 4000 so I was able to go in and create my own terrain and lay down roads to define the neighborhood strictly for this purpose.

http://www.hairysims.com/images/Port_Kingston.jpg

I'm not done decorating yet, but this pic gives a pretty good perspective of the playable area.  The lot in the foreground is a restaurant on a 4x3 lot.  So as you can see, LOTS of room in the neighborhood alone, and an accompanying downtown means I won't be running out of space soon.

Don't need no "shopping district"!!  Grin

Allen, this is a really great terrain.  Any chance you could post it for download in the Peasantry section, or on your own site?  BTW, I really like your hairy sims.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 06, 23:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really haven't played OFB much yet, just experimenting with a test neighborhood to see what setting up the default district is like.

I'm in the process of starting a new neighborhood called "Port Kingston" with all my own custom-made townies.  Auto-generated townies and NPCs are using the CAS face templates to get rid of ugliness.  Consequently, I don't want Bluewater Village added to my town because it introduces a whole raft of sims based on the old templates.

So now I'm wondering if even making a shopping district is worth it.  I have yet to establish a custom Downtown area vis-a-vis Nightlife.  I was thinking of splitting the shopping buildings up between the downtown area and the neighborhood.

Anybody with a Prima Guide or experimented enough yet to tell if there are any disadvantages to doing this?  Adding a whole new sub-neighborhood just seems like excess clutter.

I have mixed feelings on the Shopping Districts. It is alot of clutter, but that doesnt really bother me. What bothers me is that we have multiple lots that offer the same thing.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 07, 00:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, the water looks like the neighborhood water.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: