More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:58:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stop Boasting about being Demoted!!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stop Boasting about being Demoted!!!!  (Read 14650 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Stop Boasting about being Demoted!!!!
« on: 2005 August 12, 00:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm utterly sick of Family sims who get demoted (sometimes right back to the bottom of the ladder!) and come home from work and stand there yelling their darned heads off telling anyone who's prepared to listen how wonderful they are! 

Does anyone know if there's a hack to fix this somewhere?    I don't mind them boasting when they get a promotion, or a huge bonus, in fact, I think other sims ought to be allowed to do that too, especially fortune sims!  But whereas every other sim weeps buckets if they get demoted, Family sims think it's wonderful!

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Stop Boasting about being Demoted!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 12, 00:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't notice that, but then again, I don't have any family sims in my games. Maybe it's the way I play the game, but they are the worst parent/partner the program has to offer. Aside from that, their wants drive me nuts as well.

I know this doesn't help you with your particular problem, but I don't remember seeing any kind of fix for that anywhere. I checked the German sites too, but no dice there either, sorry ZZ.

By the way, TJ has a nifty little mod. It allows same-gender pregnancies, it does however clash with all/any teen pregnancy mods. I don't use those, so I downloaded. Works like a charm. Now I can do it in-game and don't have to quit and go into SimPe.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 12, 00:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm utterly sick of Family sims who get demoted (sometimes right back to the bottom of the ladder!) and come home from work and stand there yelling their darned heads off telling anyone who's prepared to listen how wonderful they are!
On the road, too. Maybe I should make them go inside before doing this?

Does anyone know if there's a hack to fix this somewhere?    I don't mind them boasting when they get a promotion, or a huge bonus, in fact, I think other sims ought to be allowed to do that too, especially fortune sims!  But whereas every other sim weeps buckets if they get demoted, Family sims think it's wonderful!
It's pretty deeply buried, I think. I'd have to look for it somewhere.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 12, 00:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad you found the mod to help - I don't often have same sex pregnancies except via the telescope, so I haven't bothered with it - if I  want to have a pair of gay sims have a baby, I go into SimPE so often it's not much bother to do it myself, but if I were to want to do it frequently, I'd probably get the mod too!

I agree about family sims being a pain, but I do try to have a balanced neighbourhood, and with only the other four aspirations things do get a bit boring! I think a lot depends on what star sign you make your family sims, and how nice you make them!  Ones like John Burb drive me nuts too!

And JM, if you could make something, it would be wonderful!  What really annoys me is when they come home from work, the kid who's dog-tired rushes out to greet them, and they just prance about singing their own praises!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 12, 00:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you need the "hugging hack". It makes the action autonomous-priority, so it will not queue-wipe your sims, and if you instruct them to do something else, the action will be cancelled.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 12, 00:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think they are "bragging" about how great they are.  I think this is coded into family sims as a way to greet their family when they get home.  Kind of like saying, "Hi Honey, I'm home!"  Usually everyone is too busy to pay attention tho, so I cancel the "work" icon and they go about their life.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 12, 00:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh you mean that thing they do when they get home where they wave their hands in the air and act like a tithead?  Is that just family sims?  It's like, no one cares idiot, go use the toilet and STFU already.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 12, 00:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's just Family sims!  Perhaps I should put a toilet right near the mailbox? Cheesy

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 12, 01:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed them doing it specifically because of a demotion, they just do it anyway because they are so happy to be home.  They carry on doing it even while their exhausted kid is waiting patiently to hug them.  Incidentally, you don't have to leave the game to make someone pregnant, you can do it in-game either via the Tombstone of L&D or the Inseminator (the latter offers a choice of single, twin or random pregnancies).   Both give you the option to make your Sims pregnant with anyone on the lot, including "yourself", the Grim Reaper and the Remote Control Car (wouldn't recommend the latter though, it can cause problems apparently, although I know some people have done it successfully).  The Inseminator actually offers an exquisitiely named "Grimpregnation" option.  Quite a lot of the pregnancies in my game were boolProp-induced (much quicker than messing about with woo-hooing).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 12, 01:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend not to create too many family sims due to their unreasonable wants and the fact that I simply do not understand them at all, being that they have nothing in common with myself or anyone that I know.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 12, 01:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the advice, but I don't use the Inseminator or Boolprop if I can avoid it!  I've also never tried the Tombstone of L&D, but it doesn't appeal!

I know they don't do it specifically because of a demotion - it's just that, whereas I can accept they do it because they're glad to be home, it's just so annoying when they've been demoted, or they've lost all the family cash or something like that!

JM, I'd agree with you there - Family oriented humans seem to be totally unlike Family sims!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 12, 10:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They should definitely go inside the house before doing the cheering, if they do it at all.  That way the family dog can tackle them to the ground.

Of course, that's a hypothetical dog for the moment.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 12, 10:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it'd take a hypothetical Staffordshire Bull at the very least!  They are so bouncy and unsquashable!

Zephyr Zodiac
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 12, 14:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well as has been discussed before, Maxis obviously had no freakin clue whatsoever what the definition of "family" or "romance" really means.  When they designed the game apparently to them "family" meant the want to just pop out one kid after another with no regard to actually raising/caring/nuturing or even interacting with the kid (of course until that kid is at Uni or grown and moved out, then they are obsessed with playing/talking/inviting over that same child that they just ignored for the last 25 days of its life).
When I first got the game the Broke household was the first one I played and I couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong with Brandi Broke; how could she be such a horrible mother whe she was a "family" sim? I put it down to trailer trash type of mentality only to find out that all family sims are that way.
And "romance" to Maxis is apparently just another word for "slut."

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 12, 14:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually move Brandi out and leave Dustin to look after the kids, even the baby!  He hires the nanny, pulls himself together and does a fantastic job, and even manages to get A+ at school - and I did this before I had any hacks at all!  Of course, I do get rid of limpet Angela!

Zephyr Zodiac
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 12, 14:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I have an irrational hatred of Angela and I don't know why. I guess that's why it's irrational?  Cheesy

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 12, 15:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then that makes two of us who are irrational!  I drowned her in the pool once (took the ladder away!) and she came back and specifically haunted Lilith!  I had to get rid of her somehow, she is just such a pain!  And Daniel Pleasant is about as unattractive as it's possible to get (apart from John Burb and some of the townies!) and he still fancies himself!

Zephyr Zodiac
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 August 12, 15:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmm...you're right...I don't like Mary-Sue either, so I guess I should have put "I have an irrational hatred of the Pleasant family." Although, I do kind of like Lilth, she's mean.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 August 12, 15:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get rid of Angela, and Lilith is like a born-again Sim!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 August 12, 16:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me, I just focussed on salvaging the family with my usual ruthless efficiency. The first issue that came to mind was their HORRIBLE LACK OF SKILLPOINTS, something I took to remedying immediately. As a result of my general neglect of the entire Angela/Lilith rivalry, they eventually started to get along simply because I wasn't gonna buy two chessboards. Tongue

But yes, Lilith is much funnier, because Lilith is a complete and utter bitch, and I think it's hilarious.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 August 12, 19:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do the same thing. I don't care if they don't get along, they are to do as told. As a side effect, they end up getting along, I had that happen with the Smith boy and Tank Grunt who started out as enemies. They were in college and they needed skilling done. Who cares what the pixel people want, if they are lacking in areas I don't want them to be lacking, I pay little attention to their dispositions.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 August 12, 20:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the Have Child (or Adopt Child) want rolled up as part of a chain e.g. after fulfilling the Woohoo want, I think it would make more sense.  Family Sims, who are more predisposed to having wants which involve some kind of mushy romantic interaction with their spouse, would therefore roll baby wants more often because it's a possible outcome of the chain.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 August 12, 22:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Family sims spin wants to play with their kids all the time.  It's all they want to do.  So I don't understand why your sims are wanting to ignore theirs.  My Brandi Broke wanted to hug and play and talk to Dustin and Beau all the time, and the same with her others when they came along.  I got her a handsome guy to marry, and she was happy as a lark.  I like Family sims myself, and Knowledge sims. 

I recently had something funny happen with a Knowledge sim.  It was one of the secret society members at Sim State.  My sim is engaged to him, and he moved into the dorm.  All he wants is to flirt with her, talk to her, makeout with her, woohoo with her, and the one that always comes back is WooHoo in the hot tub.  He cares nothing about schoolwork or skill points, although I make him do them.  As a result, it's not hard to keep him happy as his girlfriend is always happy to oblige him, but she is a knowlege sim and while some of her wants revolve around him, she also has the typical wants of doing her assignment and writing a term paper.  Weird!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 August 12, 22:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do tend to have different wants while at Uni, I've found.  Maybe it's a hint to change their Aspiration?

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 August 13, 00:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I changed his aspiration at his Junior year, he no longer had these wants.  I switched him to family, and he started wanting to be best friends with other people.  I changed him back to knowledge, and his wants returned to the same as they were.  I decided to leave him because I wanted to keep the Max 7 skills LTW.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: