More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 22:26:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Post problems you've noticed,
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Post problems you've noticed,  (Read 138418 times)
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Post problems you've noticed,
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 05, 04:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims are obsessed with drinking from the bar. I threw a graduation party and everyone just stood in the corner, drinking and then wetting their pants when they couldn't get to the bathroom. I'm removing bars from all my lots   Undecided
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 05, 05:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering if the other business owners can take advantage of having some of the snapdragon bouquets
in their stores?      If they give a boost to all the motives except energy, wouldn't the employees work longer without taking breaks?     I haven't got this far in my game yet to see if this is even possible.     The owner of the business would have to buy them and put them in his inventory, then maybe put them for decoration in their business.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 05, 06:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the "hang out" action been modified?  Now adults seems to be able to do it too!!!  Angry

Can anyone confirm that action is available in their game too please.  Smiley

Is this normal or not... if anyone with the prima guide could check I would appreciate.  Or if any modder could check that I would really appreciate it.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 05, 06:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes Adults and children can now join in hangout.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 05, 07:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks gypsylady, I still wonder why Maxis made it available for almost all the sims now....
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 05, 07:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does lots dissapearing count as a problem?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 05, 08:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed slight problems with the computer(s) and the SSX game (or whatever its' called). Even after the sim stops playing, the animations and sounds for the game keep going on the computer screen. Sometimes there is nothing else to do about it but sell the computer and buy a new one.

For some reason, Don Lothario couldn't play the game at all: It kept disappearing off his queue no matter how many times I told him to play.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 05, 15:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having issues with servo coming to other lots as a visitor? I have one who whenever he gets invited and shows up on someones lot just stops and stands there. If you try to interact with him, the action immediately drops out of queue. If I turn on debug mode I get errors. Reset doesn't fix him. The only things that will are either making him selectable or deleting him from the lot.

This is rather annoying as I want to play this servo like a regular sim but apparently he can't just show up as a visitor on anyone's lot.  Huh

*Edit: Okay, I checked the error log, it's giving an "invalid constant" error.

Here's the begining of the log and I've attached the full log if anyone wants to look at it. Mackey is the name of my servo sim btw.

Object id: 476
name: N004_User00424 - Mackey
Stack size: 4
Error: Invalid constant.
Iterations: 620
  Frame 3:
    Stack Object id: 476
    Stack Object name: N004_User00424 - Mackey
    Node: 15
    Tree: id 8688 name 'Visitor - Motive Check - Check Queue?' version -32757
    from PersonGlobals
    Prim state: 0
    Params:    Locals:
  Frame 2:
    Node: 14
    Tree: id 8283 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version 96
    from PersonGlobals
    Params: 6 20 1    Locals: 0
  Frame 1:
    Node: 6
    Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 102
    from PersonGlobals
    Params:    Locals: 6 20 0
  Frame 0:
    Node: 2
    Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 17
    from NPC_Template_Servo
    Params: 0    Locals: 0

[404'ed!]
« Last Edit: 2006 March 05, 15:09:50 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 05, 15:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes Motoki, same here. I have a servo named Dagmar (long story, lol). She shows up on community lots and businesses (home and otherwise), but any interaction immediately drops out of queue. My simmies can call her up and chat with her on the phone, but no interaction is possible on lots the robot visits. She doesn't even autonomously interact with anyone, just stalks around for hours and then leaves.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Pyrobon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 05, 19:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Help please! I bought a grill for my community business, but i can't clean the plates after people eat!!! Is this normal? do you have the same problem? The clean option just isn't there and the dishwasher isn't clickable...so there are plates everywhere  Lips sealed

Okey! I discovered the mod that was giving me the problem...i overlooked it, and when i tell you the name you definitely gonna kill me (or throw me stuff at least). Name is: "NO COMMUNITY PLATE CLEARING"

*runs for his life*
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 05, 19:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*laughs* Sounds like that mod is going to need an update, so it can tell the difference between a community lot your controllable Sims are just visiting and should not be tidying up, and a community lot your Sims are running a business on and need to be able to keep clean.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Pyrobon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 05, 19:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. It really isn't an incompatibily, it's doing what is supposed to do just fine. But...as you explained, it's purpose doesn't fit OFB.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 05, 20:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one problem I've had intermittently is what I call the Bakery/Inventory bug, although it's not confined to bakery items, it has happened when my Sim did the "Make Many..." for other foods as well. Sometimes the food items that are made simply disappear from the owner Sim's inventory. I had my Sim make about a half dozen plates of grilled cheese sandwiches, and when I checked his inventory, only two servings were in his inventory - the others had just vanished. I've seen other people having this problem on the BBS as well. It doesn't happen all the time, though and I haven't determined which factors lead to the vanishing inventory.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 05, 20:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed one thing, the burglars are passing by more often than they used to - thank goodness I can just ban them from the lot before they break in!  Mind you, the current lot the place is almost always open for mot of the night!

I've had no trouble restocking any of my fridges, and for those who wondered, I've a custom hood where as yet I have no stores at all, and you can still restock the fridge over the phone, so I don't think the problem with Mister Paper's fridge has anything to do with whether there is a grocery store or not.  I would definitely think it has to be a hack of some sort causing the problem.

I've tried the food option, and I can't get my sim to "make many", they just make one and eat it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 05, 21:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to try lotbinning an owned business - Landgraab's nightclubto see what would happen.  Bad idea.  There was no warning about it being owned, it went straight into the bin.  I spawned it back onto its spot.  It was there minus the dollar sign showing that it was no longer owned.  Unfortunately, Malcolm still had the deed in his inventory, but now its worthless.  He didn't recieve any money for the property.  I made him buy it back.  Now he has two deeds for Club Dante, one has the option: 'view', while the new one has these options: 'view' and 'sell'.  Definitely a no - no.  Maxis should have included a warning system for this.  Malcolm's lost a small fortune.

happy now :-)
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 05, 21:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As an amature error log reader, I believe Motoki's log is an error caused by different motives that Servo has.  Correct me if I'm wrong...
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 05, 21:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He only has 4 motives, so maybe that's part of the problem? Perhaps as a guest the game is looking for 8 motives and not finding them all?

ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 March 05, 21:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More things that annoy me, but aren't a glitch:

1. Customers get into a fight/shove match/argument/ANY negative react with each other, and the owner loses business loyalty for both sims.

2. Customer loses loyalty because they didn't want you to try to sell them something? (this may not bother others, but we've got a program where I live that if you go into a store, expect to be asked if you need help, and expect to be told to LEAVE if you want to be a jackass to the person trying to help)

3.Customers get angry when "May I help you?" is performed.

4. Customers complaining about the stupidest things! I've had customers complain about the maid, paper boy, newspaper being on the ground, repairman being electricuted. Baby being born in their presense, children being in the store, toddler playing with toy. I could go on forever with this.

Things that are glitches:

1. things that are created (make food/toys/flowers/ect) dissapears after created and money is lost.

2. "May I help you?" confused morons, act like morons right in front of the register, making other PAYING customers angry, and throwing their bags down, resulting in loss of customer loyalty.

3. Assign is screwed up. Employee trying to sell something will continue to do so, even though the customer wants them to leave them alone, until the customers gets pissed, complains, then leaves.

Just another thing not related. The sooner someone makes a hack so a emplyees build just what you need (and maybe a couple extra of each item), instead of making fifty of one item, while the rest of the store inventory goes empty, the better!

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2006 March 05, 21:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He only has 4 motives, so maybe that's part of the problem? Perhaps as a guest the game is looking for 8 motives and not finding them all?

Nope, that's not causing the problem. It's got to be a hack conflict. There was one constant added by OFB to Bcon 7F01EC29:2001 (that this bhav is trying to check but can't find).
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 March 05, 21:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. Customer loses loyalty because they didn't want you to try to sell them something? (this may not bother others, but we've got a program where I live that if you go into a store, expect to be asked if you need help, and expect to be told to LEAVE if you want to be a jackass to the person trying to help)

3.Customers get angry when "May I help you?" is performed.

I actually agree with this. Some people want interaction when they shop and some people don't. I'm one of the latter and tend to avoid the stores where they pounce on you the minute you walk through the door. I've worked in retail for several stores. Some of them insisted you must greet everyone  Roll Eyes but some (the smarter ones imo) told us we needed to kind of observe the customer feel them out, check their body language and use our judgement to decide if they wanted to be helped or not.

I agree with this and I think it adds strategy to the game. It also makes the assess perks useful because you check out the customers moods and leave the grumpy people be! I don't think someone like Pescado would want to be greeted or sold to in a store. That is, if he ever left his bunker to go to one.  Grin

4. Customers complaining about the stupidest things! I've had customers complain about the maid, paper boy, newspaper being on the ground, repairman being electricuted. Baby being born in their presense, children being in the store, toddler playing with toy. I could go on forever with this.

Again, having worked in retail, this seems quite normal to me (well maybe not the babies being born heh). It's kind of like the headmaster, if you want to make him happy, you have to keep the place tidy etc. Some of the stuff like the paperboy is kind of dumb because you can't control it, but on the other hand you really shouldn't have a maid walking around on a sales floor during business hours or some woman dropping her kid in between the shelves.

Just my opinion of course.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 March 05, 21:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, that's not causing the problem. It's got to be a hack conflict. There was one constant added by OFB to Bcon 7F01EC29:2001 (that this bhav is trying to check but can't find).

Well I'm only using the ones that the creators have claimed to be clean. I guess I could try taking everything out and see if he works, but then if he does comes the joy of taking out all my hacks one by one and reloading the game.  Tongue

Is there any easy way to scan all the packages in a directory for that particular value?

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2006 March 05, 21:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should come up as dirty using hackdiff if you scan your hacks folder(s).

Edit: and hackdiff will mention that particular bcon file.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 March 05, 22:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never had any serious lot problems in my game berfore, mostly just hack conflict stuff and thats it. But the other night I built a new community lot for my sim in Pleasantview. It was a furniture/decor shop. All went well, got up to 11 stars and have almost filled my business perks board from this sim owning previous lots.

In the past, in downtown, I could exit the game while my sim was still working in the shop and come back to it later but I did it the other night and but when I re-loaded, I couldn't access anything my sim was connected with. My sims house said that this family was visiting their shop and there was no car in their driveway from the neighbourhood view. I tried to access the shop and it was just accessing build mode, thats it. I could see my sim and her car but couldn't play them. I could only build/add to the shop.

I couldn't move the lot into the bin as the game said that it was still in the middle of a save so I just bull dozed it and everything seems to be ok now.

Frustrating after all that hard work. I just had her buy the Real Estate place in the shopping district and she still has all her stars from her prevous business adventures.

Am disppointed though with teh Rea Estate business. You just sell books or your office furniture! Am I missing something here??

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 March 05, 22:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you have to buy up many, many buildings and then place the deeds for sale.  Sims will buy them, but shoo your playable sims away.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 March 05, 22:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should come up as dirty using hackdiff if you scan your hacks folder(s).

Edit: and hackdiff will mention that particular bcon file.

Oh joy, now I get to spend the better part of my afternoon trying to figure out this oh so user friendly program of Pescado's. Maybe the one by one process of elimination isn't so bad after all.  Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: