More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 02:52:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Post problems you've noticed,
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Post problems you've noticed,  (Read 137751 times)
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
Re: Post problems you've noticed,
« Reply #225 on: 2006 March 14, 15:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that once a playable sim is hired as an employee, they will stay an "employee" until you make them quit. Even if the business is sold or the owner dies and does not pass it on. I think this is a 'feature' so the sim still has a job even if the playable owner sells the store. I guess it's better if you know you are going to sell a business or the owner is going to drop dead and not pass it on to lay off the workers.

It sucks. I had a home business running and the owner wanted a community lot. I had her purchase one and close her home business. Poof! Two perfectly good townie employees are no longer available for hire by anyone in the neighborhood. I don't call this a feature, I call it a bug and it's a good thing SimPE was updated so that I can repair those townies (I don't have very many to begin with).

Instant gratification takes too long.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: 2006 March 14, 16:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that once a playable sim is hired as an employee, they will stay an "employee" until you make them quit. Even if the business is sold or the owner dies and does not pass it on. I think this is a 'feature' so the sim still has a job even if the playable owner sells the store. I guess it's better if you know you are going to sell a business or the owner is going to drop dead and not pass it on to lay off the workers.

It sucks. I had a home business running and the owner wanted a community lot. I had her purchase one and close her home business. Poof! Two perfectly good townie employees are no longer available for hire by anyone in the neighborhood. I don't call this a feature, I call it a bug and it's a good thing SimPE was updated so that I can repair those townies (I don't have very many to begin with).

Won't the townies still come as hirable even though they have a job, just like any other townie who is currently employed but shows up in the "to hire" list?

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Riez Forester
Blathering Buffoon

I am a virgin ;).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: 2006 March 14, 16:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A usually lurker... But I have some serious problems with OFB.

First of all, if you save a set of uniform for your employees, and decides to delete them, then when you go home, your business is gone. I am serious. The shop is gone and what is left there are a blank, patch of lot.

Another bug is, whenever my sim went out (on a date or just went out), sometimes there are a CASUAL GROUP waiting for them at the community lot. And if they are not there, they usually accompany your sim home but your invited date will not appear home. What the hell is wrong with those people? Desperate for a company?

Please dont rips my lips for my bad english!
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2006 March 14, 17:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Won't the townies still come as hirable even though they have a job, just like any other townie who is currently employed but shows up in the "to hire" list?

No, it seems they are removed from the pool of eligible hires altogether.

I checked the files of my problem townies in SimPE. They were still assigned to the lot number which they used to work on with their jobs set to "Unknown". I presume, one way to resolve the issue would be to open a home business again, call them in, lay them off and then finally, close the business again. Personally, I did a little repair work in SimPE by comparing them to townies who aren't and haven't been employed anywhere. Changing their files accordingly made them available again.

Ashman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2006 March 14, 18:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One REALLY annoying bug I've just come across: putting playable sims in uniforms changes their entire face! For example, one of my CAS's suddenly had the same face as Remington the Maid! With no eyebrows! I haven't seen this with any townies I've hired, but so far almost every adult, playable sim has had their face literally rearranged by putting on a uniform.

Also, I had mentioned this previously for Uni lots, but it seems now that base neighborhood lots also have the problem of sims not always going to bed when told. They just walk up to the bed, it drops out of queue, and they decide to do something else totally not going to bed related. Even when about to drop from exhaustion. They don't always do this, but when they do, it's usually at the worst time.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2006 March 14, 18:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One REALLY annoying bug I've just come across: putting playable sims in uniforms changes their entire face! For example, one of my CAS's suddenly had the same face as Remington the Maid! With no eyebrows! I haven't seen this with any townies I've hired, but so far almost every adult, playable sim has had their face literally rearranged by putting on a uniform.

You know, I thought I noticed that happening but I didn't bother to zoom in and look.  Undecided
Guess we're all workforce clones, hmm?

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2006 March 14, 19:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this problem too and it bothered me very much until I found a cure : change appearance at the mirror (even if you don't really change a thing, simply accept the change (don't click on the X))
It seems to be necessary for every CAS sim after you created them and for every sim each time they change fitness level (from fit to fat for example and the other way around).
Hope it works in your game the same way as in mine
Pioupiou
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2006 March 14, 20:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it seems they are removed from the pool of eligible hires altogether.

I checked the files of my problem townies in SimPE. They were still assigned to the lot number which they used to work on with their jobs set to "Unknown". I presume, one way to resolve the issue would be to open a home business again, call them in, lay them off and then finally, close the business again. Personally, I did a little repair work in SimPE by comparing them to townies who aren't and haven't been employed anywhere. Changing their files accordingly made them available again.

Actually you can rehire them but not if you have Pescado's no lame hires hack, you have to take it out because it prevents re-hiring them.

And SimPE only shows that career as unknown because it's new and doesn't know how to identify it yet. I'm sure Quaxi will add something to the GUI so it labels that value as "employee" soon.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
lowlucious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2006 March 14, 23:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just experienced the problem with the sims dying of natural causes (old age). The age transition doesn't clog up the queue anymore but they die and their children aren't receiving their inheritance. I have hacks but they mostly come from here. I have lizzie's lovebed and medicine cabinet.
trancejeremy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2006 March 14, 23:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my sims have an obsession with espresso, but it was seemingly caused by that espresso machine hack which added some menu options (like max motives, rejuvenate), since when I took it out, their obsession stopped.

Shame though, since it was a favorite hack.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2006 March 15, 00:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually you can rehire them but not if you have Pescado's no lame hires hack, you have to take it out because it prevents re-hiring them.

And SimPE only shows that career as unknown because it's new and doesn't know how to identify it yet. I'm sure Quaxi will add something to the GUI so it labels that value as "employee" soon.

Yeah, I understand the SimPE issue. I was just explaining how it's done (in a round-a-bout sort of way).

Really? nolamehires is doing this.  Undecided Pescado!

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2006 March 15, 00:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He knows. I told him about it in the thread for it over the weekend. Says it will be fixed in the next version.  Grin

anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2006 March 15, 14:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my probem is a build one
having spent the last couple of weeks actually playing with the businesses and stuff and feeling a bit smug because i haven't come across problem that i couldn't fix by taking a hack/hacked object out, i decided to start building something

i wanted to do a raised area using the new split level tool. foundation works fine, i can recolour the sides and lay floor tiles. what i cant do i is attach stairs
i took out my sims 2 folder today and reinstalled the EP, went in and tried again withouth the mods and custom content and still had no joy
smug feeling has  now gone and i join the ranks of the frustrated
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2006 March 15, 14:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

are you using connecting stairs (modular)? The regular staircases dont work, you need to use the connecting ones. Did you accidently leave any stairs scripts in and not the meshes? (that was my issue)

*because I cant spell I must edit
« Last Edit: 2006 March 15, 17:28:53 by nectere » Logged
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2006 March 15, 16:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night I had to bust out the teleporter shrub because Nina Caliente singlehandedly pulled my Level 3 home business (it's a lounge type thing) down to a Level 0.  She had been in before and accrued three positive loyalty stars.  The next day she came over, paid to enter the lounge and immediately turned on the lot owner, waiving her arms and getting the Storm Cloud of General Dissatisfaction over her head. 

I've had unhappy customers before, but they usually have been hanging around for a while or have been "hasseled" by the sales help.  Nina hadn't been on the lot 20 sim minutes before she freaked out and no matter what the Owner did, he couldn't get her to leave.  I would queue "Ask to Leave" and the action would be canceled by Nina's next epic bitchfest.  For three sim hours they were locked in this cycle, with the business level dropping lower and lower (and despite the fact that the other customers were having all kinds of fun).  Has anyone else had this happen?
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2006 March 15, 16:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what i cant do i is attach stairs

I had the same problem with the raised floor when I tried to play with it. Having no custom modular stairs in at all...could not place stairs. Move objects cheat didn't work either. I think it was saying "no floor tile" or something similar when I clicked to try and place.

*edit to say I still have the problem, haven't found a solution any where.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 15, 17:01:00 by myskaal » Logged
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2006 March 15, 16:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had unhappy customers before, but they usually have been hanging around for a while or have been "hasseled" by the sales help.  Nina hadn't been on the lot 20 sim minutes before she freaked out and no matter what the Owner did, he couldn't get her to leave.  I would queue "Ask to Leave" and the action would be canceled by Nina's next epic bitchfest.  For three sim hours they were locked in this cycle, with the business level dropping lower and lower (and despite the fact that the other customers were having all kinds of fun).  Has anyone else had this happen?

No, but you could've just deleted her. After all, in RL, we have security for these types of cases.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2006 March 15, 16:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

are you using connecting stairs (mudluar)? The regular staircases dont work, you need to use the connecting ones. Did you accidently leave any stairs scripts in and not the meshes? (that was my issue)

yes i'm using modular stairs and...ah,  i'm pretty sure the only script change i have is Numenors recolourables. i could hunt out the originals and try that, thanks nectere

edit...nope...thats not it, they aren't aren't a script change (had it in my head they were) i've checked all the stairs and foundation scripts and i have no added, or changed ones. and Numenors stairs are present and correct. these can't be the probem as i have tried with a freshly installed game with no downloads in at all
« Last Edit: 2006 March 15, 23:43:40 by anelca » Logged
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2006 March 15, 16:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, but you could've just deleted her. After all, in RL, we have security for these types of cases.

Oh, once I realized that something was definitely not kosher, I teleported her off the lot.
Chanco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2006 March 15, 17:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had some Invisible townies after changing their clothes.
This happen on community clothing shop lot; Everything went fine as far as the changing of their clothes and the sales, but some of these townies became invisible after changing clothes, I change their clothes with the (recommend an outfit option.). It seem to be a random thing, I had change 4 of townies clothes this way, but 2 became invisible.

I figured this out when I noticed shopping bags floating around the shop, but the sims were invisible, I use the mind control mirror to see who they were, I found it was the same townies that I sold the new outfits to a few hours before on the lot.

I may be a bitch, but I'm the pick of the litter.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: 2006 March 15, 18:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this or not, but I can't find anything with Search.  It may be intended, but it's still annoying.  Basically, when I send someone to restock, they never stop.  Even if everything is fully restocked, they just keep wandering around as if they're looking for something else.  This makes it hard to tell when they've actually finished.  Anyone else getting this?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2006 March 15, 18:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that too in my restaurant but I didn't seem to have it in my home retail toy store. Of course when I played that house, I didn't have all the hacks I have in now so it's possible one of them could be doing something.

vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2006 March 15, 18:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this or not, but I can't find anything with Search.  It may be intended, but it's still annoying.  Basically, when I send someone to restock, they never stop.  Even if everything is fully restocked, they just keep wandering around as if they're looking for something else.  This makes it hard to tell when they've actually finished.  Anyone else getting this?

I think that's as designed, probably so you can assign a worker to the task and they'll keep doing it as more things are bought up.

I'm not using any hacks, so it's not to do with that.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2006 March 15, 20:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That behavior applies only for employees. (and cashiers).  I wish we could do the same for our controlled sims.  I'd love a "sales" and a "stock" function.  It's extremely annoying to micro-manage.  I'm hoping that JM will come out with one of his famous macro's soon.

I have only been playing home based businesses.  I just think they are more realistic.  Otherwise they just work in some kind of time warp. But I'll admit that it does sound easier to run a community business.  But I hate the loading time!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2006 March 15, 20:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought you did have a restock option at home lots. Click on sim and choose restock. Sales is the only assignable task that is missing on home lots - at least for me anyway.

Has anyone been able to give a guy a makeover in the salon chair and have options show up? I have done it several times now and I dont get any options, they just get a "haircut". (the stylist has gold badges so that isnt the issue and it works fine on females)
« Last Edit: 2006 March 15, 20:30:41 by nectere » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: