More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:28:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Editing BHAV's for Newbies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Editing BHAV's for Newbies  (Read 7945 times)
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
Editing BHAV's for Newbies
« on: 2006 April 17, 21:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if I am in the right place or not, please correct me if I am wrong.  I am looking to try to fix a sim that was originally a cheerleader NPC and I made her into a playable character.  Then I graduated her and sent her back to Pleasantview, married her to a townie sim and is currently a mother to one child (don't know if ya need all that but you never know).

My problem is, when I sent her back to Pleasantview, she continiously wears the llama suit outside of her home.  I have checked several sites and I do know that Jaxad0127 did a global no NPC revert mod recently, but that was after I made her playable.  I also followed some instructions to delete a file within Behaviour Function - Init that said NPC change outfit.  However that did not work.

Then I found out I didn't have to delete it but to change the Attributs to not point to that particular attribute.  But as a newbie, I wasn't sure how to modify the behaviour as outlined by mpharpham from MTS2 and the fact that I deleted a line.  I am hoping that perhaps it could be fixed as I looked at another NPC file from Univeristy and her BHAV attributes were all the same except the one that I deleted.

I hope this is making sense. I would really like to try and fix this if I can as I really like this sim now and do not want to get rid of her but the llama suit is soooo annoying.  Any steps I can take to try this or what do you think??

thank you for listening.

"totally not awesome"
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Editing BHAV's for Newbies
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 17, 22:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading about all this in this forum and I don't think there was cure for this other than do not make NPC with special behavior move-in with your Sims.

Other Sims that have special behaviors are:  headmaster (might have been fix with a patch though), drama professor only, social worker, repoman, social worker, grim reaper, Mrs. Crumblebottom, cheerlead and mascotte, there are others but I cannot think of them all right now.

OK to move-in Sims are:  maid, gardener, mailman, repairman etc.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 18, 11:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine you would also have problems with The Streaker as well - that would definitely give Miss Crumplebottom something to whinge about Shocked

I think Mr P said that you could copy the BHAV from a normal sim over the top of the cheerleader's and that would make them 'normal' Huh
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 18, 14:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my born-in-game sims fell head over heels in love with the llama mascot from the Academie Uni and they got married, had 3 children and lived happily together.  He often turned up at relatives' houses in his llama suit and even his daughter's wedding!  Whenever he was invited to Uni to visit his children he would come as the mascot and entertain the dormie's - he was just eccentric I suppose  Roll Eyes

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 18, 14:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my born-in-game sims fell head over heels in love with the llama mascot from the Academie Uni and they got married, had 3 children and lived happily together.  He often turned up at relatives' houses in his llama suit and even his daughter's wedding!  Whenever he was invited to Uni to visit his children he would come as the mascot and entertain the dormie's - he was just eccentric I suppose  Roll Eyes

Some people just never let go of their university years....  Grin
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 18, 18:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definitely know better now, I have been playing with this sim for several months now and have never made any of these "special" NPC's playable again.  What a pain in the butt it has been.    Angry

vilia . . . I think Mr P said that you could copy the BHAV from a normal sim over the top of the cheerleader's and that would make them 'normal'

vilia, can you or Mr. P. confirm this and perhaps a bit of instruction from A to D to help me out?  It would be awesome.   Grin
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 18, 23:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I can't find the post where it was mentioned.  I'm also unfortunately not knowledgeable to be able to advise you.  I would suggest posting on MTS2 or even SimPE website (in addition to what you have done here) and they may be able to assist.
pinhead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 19, 00:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious if you make her playable using a hack (like "make selectable") or proposing to move in with your sim.

I don't know how to fix this problem, but did you tried change in "Other" Tab (Sim Description) the NPC field to be 0x0000?
I'm not sure if this will help you. And i think that making this she will lost the ability to have a "special" menu in the wardrobe.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 19, 01:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado sort of explained how to change the sims' BHAVs over in this post: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=171.msg3513#msg3513 and this one http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=2834.msg81828#msg81828

Fail.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 19, 03:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first one was the post I was thinking of - don't know why I couldn't find it earlier...oh hang on, I searched on behaviour not behavior. [smacks head]
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 19, 04:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some great tutorials over here, here, and references here for anyone who wants to get started modding.

Most modding in general results from stealing,copying, or borrowing code from others. Wink Echo has made an Easter Bunny NPC. You can probably take a look at that for some ideas. You can also probably look at Danny's NPCs as well.

Many modders generous about sharing their code and allowing cloning, modifying, and distributing anything based on their work, usually as long as the work produced is made available for free (i.e. you don't steal someone else's hardwork and then charge peeps for it on some pay-for-sites when you didn't do the work yourself Tongue) However some modders have stricter policies. It's probably proper etiquette to contact those modders privately or look up what their distribution policy is if they have some public announcement regarding their work.

Ste

twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 19, 20:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry in advance about the long post.  This problem has been bugging me for a long time and I'm just the type of person who needs to try to find a good solution.

I'm curious if you make her playable using a hack (like "make selectable") or proposing to move in with your sim.

I don't know how to fix this problem, but did you tried change in "Other" Tab (Sim Description) the NPC field to be 0x0000?
I'm not sure if this will help you. And i think that making this she will lost the ability to have a "special" menu in the wardrobe.

Thank you for replying everyone   Cheesy

Pinhead, what I did was, while playing univ awhile back, I started learning to play the greek dorms.  I was trying to get as many new pledges as I could and started using the cheerleaders.  So I choose this one cheerleader, had her pledge and then was able to move her into the greek house.  She did wear her outfit most of the time whenever leaving the greek lot but it was just the cheerleader dress at that time.  I was able to get her thru univ and graduate and moved her back to Pleasantview.  Thats when I started having only the one problem.  She would wear a llama suit (don't know why the change to the llama when she was cheerleader)  but I guess that was the consequences of making a cheerleader playable.

I tried changing her outfit all the time, tried different mods but none seem to work.  I went and tried to delete a line in her Behavior Function - Int section (the one that says NPC - Put NPC outfit on me) but didn't make any difference either.  I also, as you suggested, tried to change the NPC field to 0x0000, but that didn't change anything either.

Now yesterday I downloaded Dizzy's mod "casual - NPC" and used that together with JMP's clothing tool and for some reason that has worked so far  Huh

Syberspunk, thank you for providing those links, they do look like great tutorials but I really don't want to get into object modding or anything as complicated as that. Besides, there are so many much, much, more talented and creative people here in the Sims2 community that do those mods and I am grateful for all of them.

I was just hoping for a quick fix to my one silly sims so she can go to her new OFB Clothing Store and not have to help customers in a llama suit  Roll Eyes

In regard to . . .
author JMP;  if you want to hack things in SimPE, you can actually strip the mascot code from the character files. Replace all of the BHAVs, the OBJF, and the "Original GUID" from the OBJD with versions from a normal "non-mascot", and your sim should be back to normal.

If this would not be too complicated, I wouldn't mind having a step by step instruction for just this one particular fix just in case I want to make another cheerleader playable (I know I know slap my hands for such a thought) There is another cheerleader I did happen to invite to pledge and moved in b4 I knew about all the problems this would cause.  She turned out to be a beautiful sim with a great personality and a family sim to boot.  I mean she is still at univ and have not graduated her yet because of the problems just so you know  Cheesy

Thank you for listening  Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 19, 20:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to make a cheerleader or other NPC behave "Normal", what you need to do is to open up both a normal sim's character file and the affected NPC, and replace the "Fallback" and "Original" GUIDs from the NPC with the "normal" sim. That should cause the NPC to act normal.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: