More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 11:32:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Servo is WAY overpowered.......*Spoiler*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Servo is WAY overpowered.......*Spoiler*  (Read 9011 times)
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Servo is WAY overpowered.......*Spoiler*
« on: 2006 March 02, 23:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Servo is not exactly the same as described in gamespy review.
It takes the personality of the one who activates it that is right

but it doesnt start with max cooking/mech/cleaning, instead it starts with the EXACT skill as the person who activates it
the sim i used to activate the servo (btw i named him andrew martin lol) has max in every other skills except logic (at 9) and andrew got the same set of skills.

Servo doesnt start with gold toy making badge like it is described in the gamespy review, so you have to work its way up.

Why is servo overpowered?
1) It starts with whatever skill your sim has, and most of the time my sims have max in every skill which saves TONS of training time.
2) It only has 3 needs (well 4 including environment but thats not a real need anyway), they are power (like energy), fun and social
why is it overpowered? cuz crafting drain comfort, bladder, and hygien really really fast, and since servo has NONE of those 3 needs, hes much much better crafter than humans
3) Energy goes down fairly slow, perhaps a bit slower than energy. and it recharges really fast and it can do it in community lot as well, only draw back is the recharging uses solar energy and you cant do it during the night, but who cares since servo and power down(and up) himself anytime and enter hibernation mode, which freezes all his needs AND aspiration.
4) It copies the aspiration type and LTW of the sim who activates it as well. So with you the skills of the sims you can easily fullfill the LTW and get perma platinum mood for eternity (servo doesnt age)
5) Servo can do Almost everything sims can, including starting own business, drive cars etc, only thing is that servo wont be able to change clothes. Servo can go bathroom and eat, but they dont do him anything except making him fat (LOL)

It is said (havent tested myself) that servo goes berserk when mood is low, but its rediculously easy to keep his mood high which really isnt much of a down side at all.

So how do you guys like servo? Oh, has anyone ever try to bring a newly-made non-activated servo to University
terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Servo is WAY overpowered.......*Spoiler*
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 02, 23:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first Servo was psycho -- it hasn't "Run Amok" or anything, it just seems a bit buggy...

Its power drops all the way down occasionally, causing its other motives to bottom out as well. For example, it had full energy so I sent it to repair a broken shower. I left it alone for about a sim hour, then next thing I know its thumbnail is orange and it's going out to recharge. It was nighttime, though, so it had to wait until morning to get its power refilled.

The next sim day, the same thing happened -- only active for several hours then power depletes -- but this time Servo broke. I kept on expecting him to Run Amok or something, but it stood outside for like two sim days without replenishing any power. Then it finally recharged and carried on like normal.

I think it may just be because I had my game on for way too long. I hope the rest of my Servos don't turn out this defective, because as long as it takes to make a Servo even with full mechanical skills and a gold badge, it better be "way overpowered!"
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 02, 23:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the servo can get fat? wtf?

LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 02, 23:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is because - WATER!
Yes, the ONLY weakness of servo, water has devastating effects on servo. Only found it out now
so keep servo away it.
means no shower, no bubble bath, no woohoo in jacuzzi
most importantly NO sprinkler

water will drop all needs to 0 within 2-3 seconds, and the servo will go berserk, running awoke. and then goes broken, of course it can be repaired, when its being repaired all motives regain slowly

other than that its safe
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 03, 00:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does he try to destroy all humans when that happens? It should be every robot's dream to destroy all humans.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 03, 00:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Servo was arguing with a customer. (He lives in a household that owns a community lot) He was just talking to her, so I left them alone. And when I checked back with him a litle while later, he was slapping her around. I would have just let him attack her, but it was bringing down my store rating.

My Servo runs pretty well. I havent had any problems with him so far. But then again, he was just activated. Smiley

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 03, 00:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the Servo have its own special voice track?  Or are they still using the same old two voice tracks for the adult male and female sims?
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 03, 01:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He has his own. It's an electric robot voice. Smiley

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 03, 02:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the tips. I'm curious if we let Servo fix the shower ? the reason I'm asking this is because he's going to be be exposed to water . How about dishwasher appliances and puddles? Can he stand in a puddle without going berserk  ?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 03, 02:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, Servos sound pretty simple: Energy is simple, just put Servo in an E-Mail-style home. A prison with no walls. And no toilet! Fun? Fun has been a non-issue for ages, because the SPORT OF KINGS owns all. Does Servo destroy any humans?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 03, 03:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean like, ripping off their arms and beating them with it?

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 03, 05:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just got my first servo and my only real gripe is that i need free will on for him to do a anything by himself.  I tend to play with free will off so having it on just so he can do stuff is a bit annoying.

Do you think once SimPE is updated i'd be able to remesh servo to make him look 100% human?  My idea is to have an android hehe would be wicked cool.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 03, 06:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think once SimPE is updated i'd be able to remesh servo to make him look 100% human?

Or even better, remesh him like Bender and Flexo.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 03, 06:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I couldn't resist trying the game out.

Best use of Servo.

Buy Servo the gym in the new area.

Take servo there and lower the price to the lowest possible.

Turn speed to max, go make dinner.

When you get back you will have a company with a huge rating and at least once servo will have jumped in the hot-tub or pool so will be running around shocking sims like crazy.

It just proves consumers are stupid. For a good deal they will put up with potentially lethal shocks, several times per trip.

'oh, only 10 bucks an hour? But a robot uses a tazer on me while I am here? SIGN ME UP!!!"

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 03, 07:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, there's no exercise like running from a berserk robot with a tazer.

terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 03, 08:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When mine broke down he didn't run amok, didn't recharge, and couldn't be repaired. The water thing makes sense, though.

When I rebooted everything was back to normal. My first Servo came with a silver register badge. Thanks in part to that my very first business, a home-based florist that also sells pet bricks and hydrobots, is at level six. woot.

I only wish we could click on Servo directly to have him "do chores" instead of the option popping up at random times.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 03, 13:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does he try to destroy all humans when that happens? It should be every robot's dream to destroy all humans.

I read somewhere that he will electrocute Sims at random (the effect on them being the same as normal electrocution, so they could die if their needs were low enough to start with) and this includes playable Sims if he's in a house. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 03, 13:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first Servo came with a silver register badge.
How does your robot get silver register badge? do the sim who created it or activated it had a silver register badge?
terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 03, 16:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, it was random! Lucky me. He came with silver register and bronze flower arranging. My sim had gold flower arr., gold robotery, and gold toy-making. Now she also has gold sales and silver restocking since she doesn't have to babysit the cash register. I love my robot slave!
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 03, 18:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a thread on robots here. It is from the prima guide apparently, so approach with caution.

Just for Pes, I thought I'd quote the death related stuff:

SentryBot:

This Bot will shoot stun rays at any burglar trying to enter your lot, and once the burglar recovers they will take off running. This bot will also "react to" passing Sims who try and steal your newspaper, kick over your trash can, or mess with/try to steal your gnomes or flamingoes. SentryBot can climb stairs and use the elevator. When he is malfunctioning or broken he will treat random Sims on the lot just like they are a burglar, shooting them with the stun ray which causes electrocution and sometimes even death. Repairing him will return him to normal.

Servo

Servo will occasionally break down. When they do, they start to "Run Amok" where they run around all crazy, flailing their arms and showering sparks that can electrocute, or even kill, nearby Sims. You cannot turn off a malfunctioning Servo, but it will eventually Power Down on it's own. It will then remain in "broken"
state until it is repaired by the Repairman or another Sim with high Mechanical skills. If Servo lives alone he can call the Repairman himself with it's internal cell phone, which can only be used for this purpose.

A proud thread pirate.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 03, 19:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, there's no exercise like running from a berserk robot with a tazer.

I may try a 4 servo lot and just let it run overnight to see how many humans are destroyed.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 03, 21:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The SentryBot zappage is pretty funny, Servo has yet to go awol.

ETA: Apparently servo goes after all the humans on the lot when he screws up Wink
« Last Edit: 2006 March 03, 23:12:21 by Trubble » Logged

A proud thread pirate.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 04, 11:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I couldn't resist trying the game out.

Best use of Servo.

Buy Servo the gym in the new area.

Take servo there and lower the price to the lowest possible.

Turn speed to max, go make dinner.

When you get back you will have a company with a huge rating and at least once servo will have jumped in the hot-tub or pool so will be running around shocking sims like crazy.

It just proves consumers are stupid. For a good deal they will put up with potentially lethal shocks, several times per trip.

'oh, only 10 bucks an hour? But a robot uses a tazer on me while I am here? SIGN ME UP!!!"

Heh, heh, heh... there is a God after all. If only for this I'm going to enjoy playing so much.

Meh...
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 04, 14:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, the Diva moved-in with Twain (they have a 'thing' going on) and she came complete with a gold robotics badge.  She made a Servo, after which she was exhausted and went to bed.  I got Posie Flump to activate him, which meant he came complete with all her attributes (luckily, they are very high).  She has 9 Cooking, 8 Mechanical & 8 Cleaning, but Servo got 10 in all 3, so it certainly worked that way in my game.  I also noticed that he recharged at night, so whether that's a glitch or a mod is interfering with it, I don't know.  He had his own gold robotics badge too, which is quite handy.  He doesn't have any sort of 'station', though.  I'm not sure about them being part of the family - I didn't realise that would happen.

Anyway, I know they can't reproduce, but maybe with the Tombstone of L & D ... I daresay their default kids would end-up looking like the Hula girls the same as the Reaper's, but I don't think I can resist getting him to make a mate and putting them together ... oh, and he kept making food that nobody wanted and eating it himself.  Three meals later, he was FAT.  He'll be working out next time I play that lot.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: