More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:17:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  FFS OFB Compatibility List
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS OFB Compatibility List  (Read 76256 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: FFS OFB Compatibility List
« Reply #75 on: 2006 March 04, 08:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You all talk a lot, but test nothing!

If you would, you would find that with the last phone hack update you can't invite a taxi (only the NL version works), and comm-skilling isn't working anymore (I downloaded the last 5:43 AM version). No one in the community lot has the skill-meter over his head - nor my controllable sim.

...Wake up simmers...Smiley.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
Re: FFS OFB Compatibility List From AutoScan
« Reply #76 on: 2006 March 04, 09:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those have been obsolete since the latest Nightlife patch was released a couple of weeks ago.  Assuming everything in the latest NL patch made it into OFB, then yes, those would be obsolete for OFB as well.  Can somebody confirm?

Karen

I never got around to installing the second NL patch, but when I was installing OFB, I got the message about making sure that the game is patched up-to-date, and then it confirmed that it was already up-to-date. Now I'm wondering if I will be missing out on the fixes from the second patch? Wonder if it'll do any harm to install that patch now?

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 March 04, 10:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is really, really great. No hanging around waiting for stuff... thank you, thank you, thank you. You are all gods.  Grin

BUT, I do need to know if I have to get that iffy patch for NL now as I couldn't be arsed before due to the probs it raised? Huh

Meh...
magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 March 04, 13:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You all talk a lot, but test nothing!

If you would, you would find that with the last phone hack update you can't invite a taxi (only the NL version works), and comm-skilling isn't working anymore (I downloaded the last 5:43 AM version). No one in the community lot has the skill-meter over his head - nor my controllable sim.

...Wake up simmers...Smiley.

I second that, the community lot skilling updated version doesn't work, so I think I won't be playing my gyms for a while Wink.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 March 04, 14:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought something looked funny about the new comm skilling. I opened it and there were only two lines where there had been a bunch before (in the plugin section of SimPE).

Does the NL one work with OFB? I suppose it might not make customers skills go up though, hmm.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 March 04, 14:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought something looked funny about the new comm skilling. I opened it and there were only two lines where there had been a bunch before (in the plugin section of SimPE).

Does the NL one work with OFB? I suppose it might not make customers skills go up though, hmm.

Nope, I just this moment tried the NL version and it still doesn't work.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 March 04, 15:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, I tried ALL versions (from TS2 only and on) - none works...Sad

Oh my, I am very frustrated - have to spend zillion hours at home training my sims, while in 2-3 days at the community they were all-maxed.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 March 04, 16:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, the phone hack works for me. I have the newest version, and I do have the option for the taxi.

I didn't try the comm-skilling yet, but if it is broken, I hope it'll be alright soon. You are absolutely right, the community skilling feature was/is very handy. Else I just have to keep 'em in elixir/energizers and do it the slow way, just like you.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 March 04, 19:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The phone hack seems to work for me, as well, the Call Taxi option is there.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 March 05, 02:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Prima Guide says if the Sim owns or visits an unowned community lot with a crafting object (toy bench, robot station, or florist bench) any time they spend working on it counts towards the corresponding badge.

I'm not surprised the comm skilling hack doesn't work.    They have obviously changed some of the code to incorporate the crafting benches.
Klaatu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 March 05, 03:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While it's true the current version of comm-skilling is not working, has anyone noticed if sims are indeed earning badges on community lots when working with benches? I know I've tried some and haven't noticed any badges being awarded.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 March 05, 05:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, after going through and finally removing the only mods listed as dirty - I can't live without ltw - sanity/variety.  Half my new hood wants to be crooks and the other half cops.  Being the nice goddess that I am, I usually try to fulfill their lifetime wants and rely on the generic - Earn 100,000 - Max 7 skills - Reach Golden anniversary - to actually get the Uni jobs in my hood - let alone owning a business now.  Even then, I have had only one person in Show business (Dina Goth), one Natural Scientist (Cas born that got eaten by the cowplant because I didn't know how it worked  Embarrassed) and NEVER a Paranormal.  I have only even seen the resurrect-thingy on the Secret Society lot because I refuse to give them something they don't earn.

I have finally decided I am going to ignore ltw now.  I have only seen one new one - Have 5 Top Businesses - and only once at that.  I like to keep my sims happy but I can't have a half mafia/half 'Cops in Pleasantview' hood.  I am still struggling with one mob boss (Jennifer Burb) being married to Captain Hero let alone watching lazy bleeb Brandi Broke sweating and puking on the treadmill while her future mob boss son giggles.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2006 March 05, 06:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The following work with no changes:

finalfix-nlp2

Just wondering... is this fix still required in OFB? I didn't see it in the Director's Cut. Can anyone verify whether this is still required?

I never installed the 2nd NL patch. I am assuming that OFB will automatically include those changes? Or... does anyone know if the 2nd NL patch is still needed? Should I have installed the patch first before installing OFB? Just wondering. Thanks.

Oh... and I haven't yet installed OFB on my own machine. I only just finished installing OFB on my sister's machine. I'll get to my own machine probably tomorrow. Tongue

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: FFS OFB Compatibility List From AutoScan
« Reply #88 on: 2006 March 05, 06:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't evict them, because whenever I try to move one out, it says they can't leave because another Sim is trying to move out - usually the one who it won't let leave! 
Did you try using the option to Nuke stuck move-out on the Lot Debugger?  I had the same problem recently, and I used the nuke stuck move-out option.  It said it fixed 2 objects, probably because I tried for him to move out twice.  I ended up moving them all to the bin, then back into the house.  But I nuked stuck move-out before moving them out.  I moved them out from the neighborhood screen, then moved them back into the same house.  Everything was still in the house as before, but he was then able to graduate successfully.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 March 05, 06:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read that OFB does Not patch your game with the latest NL patch, apparently though the NL patch works for OFB so it's not to late.

I wish I could find that post/thread, I think it's over at InSIM but I'm to tired to look more *is going to bed*
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 March 05, 07:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OFB doesn't need to patch your NL, because OFB pretty much overwrites and then ignores everything in the NL packages.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 March 05, 07:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just patched to the latest NL patch today after already having installed OFB.

So far, no problems here. I watched the program while it was patching and so far as I could tell, all the files it was messing with were in the EA Games/The Sims 2/Nightlife subdirectories so it should be safe.

Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 March 05, 07:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that Motoki.   I did the same thing after installing OFB.    I wanted the fixes for the terrain paints and feeding the toddlers smart milk in the high chairs.   I wasn't sure that OFB updated them.    When the ep installed it said my game was up to date and I know I didn't put either of the NL patches in.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 March 05, 10:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seconded... ta muchly about the patch info.

Meh...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 March 05, 10:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that Motoki.   I did the same thing after installing OFB.    I wanted the fixes for the terrain paints and feeding the toddlers smart milk in the high chairs.   I wasn't sure that OFB updated them.    When the ep installed it said my game was up to date and I know I didn't put either of the NL patches in.
OFB uses its own executable and own datafiles, so NL's files are never looked at at all.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 March 05, 11:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the old patches don't matter at all, then why does it check upon installing a new EP if the patches are up-to-date?

MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 March 05, 13:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the old patches don't matter at all, then why does it check upon installing a new EP if the patches are up-to-date?

I believe it is cheacking the 'Base Game' Files,

As it may not use the Uni and NL files, It does use the origasnl sims 2 files, so it cheacks them to see if it needs to update them or not
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 March 05, 13:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OFB uses its own executable and own datafiles, so NL's files are never looked at at all.

True, but it may fix some things some how or maybe not, but in any case it doesn't seem to hurt at all so I did it just in case. *shrug*

Zaphod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 March 05, 14:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if it uses its own datafiles, is it a version of the files with all the fixes in up to that date, or do the old problems with the other expansions still pop up?  I've not been playing aspects of the other expansions lately since I've been doing business stuffs. Also, I've noticed corrupt memories now and then, (the squiggles over their heads).
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 March 05, 15:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In theory, the latest expansion should carry over all the essential stuff from the older ones, plus whatever it adds, but certain things might be disabled if you don't have one of the older expansions (ie Universities etc).

However, in practice I'm not conviced that's the case 100% of the time and since patching doesn't seem to hurt anything, even if it doesn't help, I'd rather be safe than sorry. *shrug*

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: